• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'll post this here but not in the show off thread. Haven't shot it yet, but the stock, trigger, grip, trigger guard and upper all have to go! :rockwoot:

Wanted to do a complete project but I couldn't turn down the price!

I've been drooling over an AR build for a few years now! So can I get a "Welcome to the club"?

Olympic Arms 16" 5.56 - No frills.

photo-1.jpg

-JD-

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I haven't heard much either way on the quality of olympic arms. What kinds of experiences have other members had with this brand?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't heard much either way on the quality of olympic arms. What kinds of experiences have other members had with this brand?

I have had a few and currently have one from pre-ban times. It is spot on accurate. I have issues with the mags it likes. No cheap after mkt. stuff. It runs great on Gov. issue 30's

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    you bought an Oly lower & lpk? and then a bunch of other spare parts, that won't sell for near as much as you hoped they would.

If you got a good deal on it, leave it as is, and shoot the dickens out of it. Then when you decide what custom rifle you really want, you can take your time assembling it, and have a spare beater rifle. In the meantime, you'll develop marksmanship skills, and mechanical knowledge, that can't have a price put on them.

It looks like a fine first rifle, just as it is.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I have had a few and currently have one from pre-ban times. It is spot on accurate. I have issues with the mags it likes. No cheap after mkt. stuff. It runs great on Gov. issue 30's

Thanks. I have seen a few people on this site with them, and was curious.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    welcome aboard. shoot it. shoot the snot out of it. find other people with ar's, shoot theirs. compare it to yours. what do you like/dislike. if that stock fits you, keep it, if not, and you shoot somones who has a different stock better, get it or one like it. shoot someones with a flat top and magpul irons and hate it, like yours better, keep the carry handle. if thats the opposite, get a flat top upper and put whatever you want on it. these things are like adult legos. the build never ends. i have a smith and wesson mp15 sport. i put a quadrail foregrip, a vert grip with bipod, and an aimpoint red dot on it after trying all these other parts on other peoples rifles. also have a 3x magnifier that flips in behind the aimpoint if i want to use it. picked up a 4x scope for it, takes 2 minutes to put it on and take the aimpoint off. it came with a set of troy iron sights, i use them occasionally as well. the possibilities are endless. welcome to the club, enjoy the show.

us marine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I bought a RRA Elite operator 2, I got it because it came with some options from the factory, but after learning more about AR's sometimes I wish I would have started with a basic rifle and then picked parts as I went.

Good luck you will have a lot of fun.

Top Bottom