• ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Thanks for the app.

Went to S. Emerson Beech Grove for 380. They had none and said they did not have any for a good while. Oh well.

While there at noon I saw an ammo can of 1200 rounds of 9mm. $450 approx. Not a good price for target use but there must be something special about it.

Ditto for me. I went to the website, saw that a nearby WallyWorld had some .22LR in stock, so I changed into my street clothes and headed over, expecting to bag my 3-box limit.

No such luck. Zip, zilch, nada. Guy said that the haven't had any .22LR in stock in a long time.

Same thing happened with another WallyWorld ammo search engine -- listed stuff that wasn't in stock.

Wake me when somebody comes up with one that really works.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ditto for me. I went to the website, saw that a nearby WallyWorld had some .22LR in stock, so I changed into my street clothes and headed over, expecting to bag my 3-box limit.

No such luck. Zip, zilch, nada. Guy said that the haven't had any .22LR in stock in a long time.

Same thing happened with another WallyWorld ammo search engine -- listed stuff that wasn't in stock.

best app you can get is the official walmart app. I cannot tell you how many times I have been able to score ammo including the elusive 22lr. If it shows in stock, 9/10 times it is in the store. The employees love to throw BS your way, but it is there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's probably not the apps but walmart's inventory system. All the apps do is access Walmart's data. It can only be as accurate as that.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Sad to say, but the stores where the ammo isn't on the shelf are probably stores where employees are hiding it to sell to friends or themselves to then resell on the open market.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    It's probably not the apps but walmart's inventory system. All the apps do is access Walmart's data. It can only be as accurate as that.

^This.

The apps aren't going to be perfect no matter what unless Walmart's inventory system is perfect. A lot of times items will show stock when it wasn't even delivered. If it is never manually taken out of stock, it will show in stock.

Also, the "in stock" can mean in the store, scanned at the warehouse to be delivered to the store, in the back, on the shelf, on the truck for delivery....The point is - it just means that it SHOULD be at the store at some point.

Still, it's more accurate than randomly stopping at Walmarts.

I wonder how hard it would be to write into the app support for checking individual stores.

For instance, would it be possible to have a list of local walmarts, click one and show what that particular store shows as in stock.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Love the concept but unsuccessful finding the gold at the end of the rainbow with it so far... (22lr) Greenwood area

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Worked for me. Using it helped to find 1000 rounds of .22 this morning. The mobile website doesn't display quite right on my old iPod touch but love it so far.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I tried it last night and found it was reporting quite a bit of ammo, including .22LR, in stock at my local Walmart. A trip there found a few boxes of Tula .45 and that's about it.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    It says not supported on my android device so I went to the webpage on the computer and shows ammo in stock. Went out in this crap and none of the shelf. I do believe it was there just not put out as while I was walking out with the things I did buy the manager was walking in. So I bet if you went to Walmart in Vincennes right about now there is 22 in the 500 pack variety for 22 bucks.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It says not supported on my android device so I went to the webpage on the computer and shows ammo in stock. Went out in this crap and none of the shelf. I do believe it was there just not put out as while I was walking out with the things I did buy the manager was walking in. So I bet if you went to Walmart in Vincennes right about now there is 22 in the 500 pack variety for 22 bucks.

Same experience in WLAF. Nice app, but Wal-Mart is a PITA to deal with...

Probably this:

Sad to say, but the stores where the ammo isn't on the shelf are probably stores where employees are hiding it to sell to friends or themselves to then resell on the open market.

Last edited:

honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    Based on user feedback, I have put together an update for this app.

Barcode scanning and UPC searching has been added. In addition, it now tells you how long products have been in their current inventory status and what their last inventory status was.

Given how flakey Wal-Mart’s data is, I’m hoping some of the changes I’ve made will make it easier to gauge the quality of the information.

Top Bottom