• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonotone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I was able to shoot my Magnum Lite MLR22AT yesterday. I mounted an old Tasco (Japan glass) 36x44 world class I had reboxed for future use on Weaver rings. Zeroed in bullseye with 4 shots on the Caldwell Lead Sled at 50 yards. Tested with CCI Blazer, Wolf Target Match & Centurion 40 grain. Ran flawlessly with best group 1/2" w/Wolf MT. Nice trigger but I'm going to slide a KIDD trigger in soon. This light weight rifle has moved up the ladder next to my Anschutz and Tactical Solutions X-Ring. Lot of bang for the buck and lots of fun shooting.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Ask and ye shall receive! This rifle is stunningly light and exquisitely crafted. Anybody have any tips on how to keep my scope rings from marring that lovely integral Weaver rail? :dunno:

20120823_232451.jpg

20120823_232346.jpg

20120823_232536.jpg

20120823_232417.jpg

Nice looking...but it's a gun and guns get scratched (unless you collect them and stick 'em in a glass case). Too bad it didn't come in .22 WMR

nonotone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I started with a set of low Millett's, removed them before I tested because of the small narrow grip on this ring. I placed a new set of Weaver Quad rings that I like, and finally mounted a set of Leupold Rifleman low rings with a nice wide grip surface. Ordered some more great accessories from KIDD. Probably pull the 36x off and mount either a 24x or V16 fine cross with dot. Should be shooting this weekend if not overly humid. I do like the light weight and feel of the MR 22.

nonotone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I compared weight of my (4 1/4 lbs) Magnum Research 22LR w/polypropylene stock and my (4.3 lbs) Tactical Solutions X-Ring w/Hogue stock, almost identical.

I was able to shoot my Magnum Lite MLR22AT yesterday. I mounted an old Tasco (Japan glass) 36x44 world class I had reboxed for future use on Weaver rings. Zeroed in bullseye with 4 shots on the Caldwell Lead Sled at 50 yards. Tested with CCI Blazer, Wolf Target Match & Centurion 40 grain. Ran flawlessly with best group 1/2" w/Wolf MT. Nice trigger but I'm going to slide a KIDD trigger in soon. This light weight rifle has moved up the ladder next to my Anschutz and Tactical Solutions X-Ring. Lot of bang for the buck and lots of fun shooting.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I'll have to admit its a very nice rifle and extremely light also - I think I'll keep my original - with stock bull barrel, Kidd trigger, & BSA Sweet 22 scope it produces .6" groups at 50yds consistantly enough for me and produces a occaisionall .4" - not tryn to thread jack but whats wrong with the original? - for @ $600 out the door is a bit much for me personally -

Last edited:

nonotone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I purchased my TACTICAL SOLUTIONS X-RING new with FLUTED & THREADED barrel. 50% of my target shooting/ammo testing is with suppressor. When the suppressor is off I shoot with the 360 degree compensator. All my 10/22 type rifles have KIDD triggers or KIDD trigger jobs. IF you do any AR-22 shooting take a look at the TACTICAL SOLUTIONS AR-22SBX, AR-22LT OR AR-M4. I use the Tactical Solutions AR-22 SBX (threaded barrel)&(suppressor shroud) free floating forend on top of a Spikes lower w/2 lb match trigger. I shoot 75% CCI sub-sonic & CCI standard velocity and other 25% ammo I like to shoot is Aquila, Centurion, Eley, Wolf. This AR-22 combinations out performs many of the custom build semi-autos and bolts actions under 8 lbs.
    Which barrel do you have on the TS x-ring?

Last edited:

nonotone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I picked up a LNIB Light Varmint Target 10/22 last week. Dropped a KIDD single stage 1 1/2 lb trigger in and topped it with an old Tasco world class (Japan glass) 24x44 scope secured with weaver medium rings. Extremely pleased with this rifle. It easily equals the tight groups my Tactical Solutions X Ring & Magnum Research 22LR shoot with CCI std vel and Wolf ammo. It even shoots well with CCI Blazer. The LVT Ruger might be one of the 10/22 best kept secrets. I was just over a month locating one. Not sure how many were produced but the ones I know that are shooting are accurate. I tested the OEM Ruger target trigger with a Lyman digital scales at 3 lbs. I'm use to the KIDD triggers so I removed the Ruger trigger and installed a KIDD single stage. I'll add this LVT will far outshoot my ability. Well worth the money.
    I'll have to admit its a very nice rifle and extremely light also - I think I'll keep my original - with stock bull barrel, Kidd trigger, & BSA Sweet 22 scope it produces .6" groups at 50yds consistantly enough for me and produces a occaisionall .4" - not tryn to thread jack but whats wrong with the original? - for @ $600 out the door is a bit much for me personally -

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I purchased the threaded-barrel version (MLR22ATUT) of this rifle several months ago, and finally mounted a scope (Leupold VX-2 3-9x33 Ultralight Rimfire EFR CDS) using Warne Maxima low rings. The trigger that came stock (Ruger target trigger) was exceptional for its type, breaking cleanly at 4.0lbs. with no creep, but I took my trigger gauge to Bradis and found a BX-Trigger that measured 2.25lbs., and dropped that in.

I'm very pleased thus far. First, it's reliable--far from the "jammo-matic" observation made earlier in this thread. Using the recommended CCI Standard Velocity ammo, it's cycled 189 of the first 190 shots. I'll attribute the one click without a bang to a bad primer; the rim was appropriately dented and the round fired when reloaded.

Shooting from a crappy plastic Winchester gun vise (the Walmart one), I'm seeing 1-2 MOA groups. This will improve a lot when my new rest (Vanguard Steady-Aim) arrives Monday. I'm pretty sure it'll get to, or perhaps exceed, 1 MOA accuracy. I'll post an update here.

Here's two targets from today. The paster is 5 shots from 50yds., 2" diameter (inner yellow circle is 1" diameter, or 2 MOA). The sighter is 10 shots from 100 yds., 1" (1 MOA) grid squares. We think the breeze was playing with the 100yd. shots a little bit. Incidentally, Strelok+ predicted the come-up from 50 to 100yds. (about 7-1/2", or 29 clicks of elevation) within a click or two. Between the breeze and the crappy rest, we couldn't be sure.

IMG_20160723_5734.jpg

IMG_20160723_24763.jpg

Last edited:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Looks good! And kudos on your shooting. 1MOA at 100 yards is much more difficult with a .22 than most realize!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Thanks... My brother (cbhausen) actually did that shooting. We got the new rest mentioned earlier in the thread today, but I'm not that impressed with it. I'm thinking of just ordering a set of bags from Protektor Model and being done with it. Those groups are really closer to 2 MOA but we think this rifle can get to 1 MOA at 50yds. and maybe at 100 on a perfect day with good ammo. Anyone know where to buy CCI green tag for a decent price?

Edit: green tag for a decent price? LOL it's 20¢/round when you can find it. I think I'll put up with occasional flyers.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom