• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    MLR22AT. This "Made In U.S.A." rifle has the Magnum Lite® graphite bull barrel, exclusive to Magnum Research.
    These patented uni-directional graphite fibers, parallel to the bore axis, result in a barrel with six-times the stiffness of conventional steel. The lighter barrel weights (from 13-16 oz, depending on barrel length) are easier to wield and dissipate heat up to 43% faster than steel. The result is rim fire performance of extreme accuracy.
    Rifle includes a .22LR Benz target chamber designed specifically for semi-automatics; full floating barrel for maximum accuracy, CNC-machined receiver from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum forging with an integral weaver-type rail for optics and a black anodized finish.
    The approximate weight is 4.25 lbs, barrel length of 17 inches, and over all length of 35.5 inches. This rifle utilizes the 10/22 trigger group and 10/22 rotary magazines. MRI bolts are manufactured and machined from heat treated and thorough hardened 4140 steel with minimum headspace for better accuracy.
    MSRP for the MLR22AT will be $562. The rifles will start shipping in spring 2012. (Yeah, but it's Polymer. Who'll want a plastic gun when so many real-steel .22 rifles are out there? yaaawn.) EBG

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    And if it's like the rest of the Magnum Research 10/22s that we have had at the range, it will be a jammo matic... Not sure if the owners cleaned them when they bought the rifle or are using ammo that sucks, but in general, we have not had one run correctly with a moderate range of ammo.

Now, that being said, people probably have them work just fine and I would like to try a working one!!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    And if it's like the rest of the Magnum Research 10/22s that we have had at the range, it will be a jammo matic... Not sure if the owners cleaned them when they bought the rifle or are using ammo that sucks, but in general, we have not had one run correctly with a moderate range of ammo.

Now, that being said, people probably have them work just fine and I would like to try a working one!!

Per this review the rifle ate everything gunblast.com fed it:

Magnum Research MLR22AT Lightweight 22LR Semi-Automatic Tack-Driver with Ambidextrous Thumbhole Stock

But the manual here says no subsonic, Stinger, or high-velocity ammo:

http://www.magnumresearch.com/PDF/MLR-1722-Manual.pdf

Hopefully mine works and yes, you can try it :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mine eats everything I feed it but I did take it apart and do what I do to a 10/22 before I took it to the range.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine eats everything I feed it but I did take it apart and do what I do to a 10/22 before I took it to the range.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I'll bite... What's that?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    A $500 10/22 that comes pre-customized? Thanks, but i'll stick with the original so I can customize it my way....

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow, tough crowd :(

The only 10/22 parts on it are the magazine and target trigger assembly. The bolt, receiver, barrel, and stock are Magnum Research parts. Hell, the graphite bull barrel bought separately costs more than a standard 10/22 carbine.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I was with my brother when he picked this up, and I can attest to just how nice it is... It's feather-light and feels really great. I hope it runs as good as it looks.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Here she is...

Ask and ye shall receive! This rifle is stunningly light and exquisitely crafted. Anybody have any tips on how to keep my scope rings from marring that lovely integral Weaver rail? :dunno:

20120823_232451.jpg

20120823_232346.jpg

20120823_232536.jpg

20120823_232417.jpg

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    One of these might just find its way into the cabinet...I wonder if I can sneak it past the wifey.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you don't mind... how much?

$549 plus tax, just $13 below list. But then again, only Davidsons had them in stock and it's what I wanted so I had to pay what my local dealer was quoting. Still less than all the internet dealers wanted before FFL fees.

A few extra dollars are insignificant if one gets what is wanted and it meets our exceeds expectations. If she can dance as good as she looks I will be happy.

The proof is on the pudding. And we will see how that goes. Talk about a "no excuses" Appleseed rifle, just add sling and optics...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom