• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Of the three, UPS, FedEx, USPS, I've had the best luck where I live with UPS.

On the flip side, I do EVERYTHING I can do to NEVER have anything shipped to me USPS.
    I'll happily pay extra not to, and will look for another source for a product if they INSIST I MUST use USPS.

In Fishers, IN, USPS NEVER attempts to deliver a package to my address.
    I work from this address and can see anybody who pulls up.

Instead, they just CLAIM they tried to make the delivery, leave no notification of any kind, then force me to go to the post office to pick it up.
    The ONLY way I even know my package is in town is when the online tracking CLAIMS a delivery was supposedly attempted.

I tested them the last time I was forced to receive a package by USPS, and caught them red handed.

I took the time to watch for them making mail delivery on my street, then went out and met them at my mailbox.

They tried to deliver my mail and drive on and I flagged them down before they could leave.

I said "I believe you have a package for me?"
    To which she replied "i don't think so".

I replied, "tracking says it's out for delivery".

she looked...

"Oh yes, i guess I do have a package for you".

In other words, this USPS person was going to do what they always do here on my route.

Not even get out of the delivery vehicle and attempt delivery, then tell them back at the post office that they attempted delivery.
    Then make me drive to the post office to pick it up.
    I HATE having anything shipped to me using USPS

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've used UPS for a whole lotta years and rarely had any problems. Maybe it's just you.

THIS.

I'll take UPS over all the others.

I think it's a Coke / Pepsi thing.

And they hire morons.

What company doesn't?

Shipment of two boxes arrived yesterday as promised. One box was pretty beat up, but contents were fine. The other was insured for $1000 so it was in pretty nice shape and all working. Probably my first almost perfect UPS delivery.
    Folks, I think that's as close to an apology as we're going to get.

I read seven pages of this worthless thread and you're rant, only to find out there was never a problem at all, just whining about tracking information? Oh, the inconveniences of modern life. :rolleyes:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    so at the end of the day, your package arrived on time as promised? just couldn't see real time tracking information mere minutes after shipping your order? OH THE HUMANITY.................

guessing you've never tried USPS "tracking" then

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    I have just been on the phone with them for an hour.
    Since my new house has never been lived in and I'm new to Indiana, they want me to cancel my UPS Account and open a new one.
    They can't verify my address and now that I've canceled my account, they can't crate a new one.
    No work around, the CS representative was frustrated and apologetic but really?
    It took 2 minutes with FedEx.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Folks, I think that's as close to an apology as we're going to get.

I read seven pages of this worthless thread and you're rant, only to find out there was never a problem at all, just whining about tracking information? Oh, the inconveniences of modern life. :rolleyes:

I owe no one an apology, and in my opinion UPS still sucks. So there. They can't get a single delivery here right...they ALMOST hit the target but like little impotent old men they just can't get it in the hole. What else can I say? They accept being second rate, and to them failure comes in varying levels of acceptable degrees. Kinda like congress.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    so at the end of the day, your package arrived on time as promised? just couldn't see real time tracking information mere minutes after shipping your order? OH THE HUMANITY.................

guessing you've never tried USPS "tracking" then

No, the tracking was never right. UPS is full of fail. That's why I never use them.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have just been on the phone with them for an hour.
    Since my new house has never been lived in and I'm new to Indiana, they want me to cancel my UPS Account and open a new one.
    They can't verify my address and now that I've canceled my account, they can't crate a new one.
    No work around, the CS representative was frustrated and apologetic but really?
    It took 2 minutes with FedEx.

Careful Mike...lot's of UPS workers here...you're not gonna make any friends like that. Yes, they do suck. Without a doubt. UPS sucks, that's what I meant.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    AHHH!!!

FedEx says "On FedEx vehicle for delivery", but the FedEx guy was here at work and I didn't get my package! WTF! This is crazy! How can I live without my precious! It's almost 1300h and I still don't have my gizmo I bought and a whim and won't use for days or weeks from now!

Also, the tracking info says my package went through NJ. I don't want Jersey cooties on my gizmo!

I hate FedEx and it's the worst and I must rant to all of you about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    USPS story. The wife sends her aunt and uncle a box of Christmas goodies every year. Her uncle loves the cookies and sweets, since the aunt doesn't make them anymore for just the two of them. Anyway, the wife gets an email last week from her uncle asking if we had sent them something. We couldn't figure out what they were talking about. After talking to them, it ended up being the box of Christmas goodies, and presents (tree ornaments) we sent in December. However, only the top to the box was actually delivered, not the box itself or the contents made it out of the system. Apparently the ink on the top of the box was almost completely faded an illegible, that is why they couldn't figure out who sent them something.

2nd USPS story. Was looking for a holster to be delivered by USPS. Watched the tracking and it showed up as delivered, but no box was to be found. I looked all over the yard and house, as the wife was home all day, but couldn't find it. After a couple of days searching, I was digging around the USPS tracking website, and was able to determine the address where the package was delivered. Lo and behold, it was delivered to our local post office. I went down and asked for my package, and was asked for my attempted delivery ticket, which was never given to me. After much back and forth with the counter drone, she finally went back and found my package, then proceeded to call me a liar and said that the driver had to have left a ticket. We have had some issues with drivers not delivering the mail because we have a dog. Even though the mailbox is now at the road and not the house (postmaster wrote and said they weren't delivering anymore mail unless we moved it, because we own a dog) and the driver doesn't have to leave the truck (also it is outside the invisible fence for our dogs).

Needless to say the Wife and I aren't happy with USPS, and her late father and then her stepdad were both mailmen, and the USPS is held in high regard in their family. I also must note that her brother is a manager with UPS.

All that being said, we get packages at work almost daily and haven't had an issue at the business. I can imagine that home deliveries can get a little less reliable, just because of not having a regular route and stops. i will say that it pays to get to know your rout driver, if possible. people are less apt to screw someone they know personally as opposed to an address on a package.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2014
    Indianapolis south
    I knew a loader at ups who talked about climbing on boxes to get behind a wall of boxes and retrieve a package that wasn't in the right trailer. Also, when he encountered one that didn't belong in his line, he said he was to toss it out of the trailer from where he stood.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thankfully I've never had a problem with UPS or USPS. Never shipped or received from Fedex though so I can't say there.

I am always worried when I send a package out. If you look at how much mail gets lost within the system it's rather astounding. Tens of millions of undelivered packages and letters. All things considered with how much mail is sent out it's really not that much, but I often wonder how much damage it does that so much goes undelivered. Some of that has to be important items.

Top Bottom