• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    They suck. I don't know what else to say about it. I bought some gear yesterday and the seller sent it via UPS, insured, and got tracking numbers. So today I punch in the tracking numbers on the UPS.COM website and NADA. All it says is "can't find them, please try again later".

It's been well over 24 hours since they were created in their system...so why don't they show up?

Already verified the codes with the seller ( my uncle )...

UPS sucks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Fedex has delivered my packages to the neighbor's house and left them on their porch or leaves them hanging on a post at the end of my driveway for anyone passing by to take. USPS sucks and constantly delivers my mail to the neighbors and their mail to me. UPS is the only one that comes consistently at the same time and will open the gate and come up my driveway to deliver a package. If I know they are coming, I usually have the gate open for them but if I am not out there on time, they know to come up. Fedex has been told to do this but we never have the same driver like we do with UPS.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Personally USPS is the closet for me . Fedex is the cheapest for heavier items then UPS. And for ammo i use UPS.. I shipped something out via local post office Tuesday morning and it just showed up trackable more then 24 hours later..

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    In my experience all of them suck. UPS is usually slightly better than the other two but still awful. FedEx has a new driver that can't seem to figure out next day delivery to a business doesn't do a lot of good if they don't get here until 5pm. My boss was on the phone screaming at the FedEx customer service lady last week because of this guy. UPS usually shows up somewhere around 2pm not ideal but still usually enough time to at least get parts laid out and get started. And USPS is by far and away the worst. Especially if you get a tracking number and try to use it. They NEVER update tracking info. I have literally had packages delivered to me with the tracking number never being updated.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I get USPS tracking that shows a parcel sitting in a depot in Missouri, but in the comments it's 'out for delivery'. Twice the USPS has rerouted packages back to the shipper without even trying to deliver. That seems more annoying than merely getting the tracking number posted late...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That number the vender gave you is generated on their property, It gets down loaded to the UPS driver when he gets there, and then gets downloaded at the UPS office when he finishes the route. If the vender sent you that number right after the driver left for the day, it is in THEIR computer for the first 24 hours and UPS actually does not have your package. If you get your product physically delivered in the advertized amount of time, what does following the numbers on your computer screen matter?

When I order small package parts from the luthier supply, they come via some kind of coop with the USPS. The packages get to the local Post Office in 2 or 3 days. I get the tracking confirmation. Then it takes an extra 8 to 10 days to make it the 2 miles to my house. This happens every time. The Bigger packages come UPS to the house, and are always timely.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I had a new holster shipped to me through the US Postal Service and it took a couple of days before the tracking information was available online, as well. As my Mom used to say "Don't holler before you're hurt"
    USPS rarely updates tracking info until end of day. Which sort of defeats the purpose for tracking IMO, but what the hey.

I hate UPS because they are the laziest mofos of the 3 main carriers. My house sits on the corner at the entrance to the neighborhood. I have a side-load garage, so my front door is a 30-40' walk from the garage (if one stays on the asphalt drive). UPS always places the packages by the garage door, out of sight of any occupants in the house, but well in sight of anybody driving by. FedEx will almost always take the extra 30 seconds to deliver them to the front door.

The final straw was when we had ordered a new wheel for the 350 upon discovering that the last tech to put the tire on the old rim didn't know his own strength and cracked the rim. UPS "tried" to deliver the replacement wheel one day and left a "Sorry we missed you" sticker on the front door (at least they walked to the front door for that). The problem is that we were home the whole time. So knowing they would try again the next day, I re-arranged my schedule to be home ALL day. I even put a sign on the front door explaining that we were home, to knock loudly, and give me time to answer. Our lay-out is sprawled, and it can take more than the average time to get to the door, especially if I let the dogs out back first to avoid having to deal with them. That afternoon, while I'm sitting in the front room with the kids so I can be as close to the door as possible, I see the UPS guy walk past the window to the front door. He knocks on the front door, turns around, steps down off the porch and heads to the truck. When I opened the door, the "Sorry we missed you" sticker was already there!!! He had no intention of delivery that dang wheel. When I opened the door he looked seriously surprised (at being caught in his, um, error). "OH, I'll have to go get that now." Ya think, you dumb ****?!

UPS is also the same idiots who will sometimes put the packages in the back yard by the service door to the garage instead of on the garden bench that they have to pass by to put them on the friggin' ground. I don't mind that they have to enter the fence to put them back there, but who puts something on the ground instead of up on a table? We had to re-order brake lines because the dog got hold of a package I didn't know had been delivered and used it and the contents for a chew toy!

I really dislike UPS.

Oh, and in response to the OP, it can take a day or two for UPS to get physical possession of the goods. They won't have any info until they have possession.

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I get USPS tracking that shows a parcel sitting in a depot in Missouri, but in the comments it's 'out for delivery'. Twice the USPS has rerouted packages back to the shipper without even trying to deliver. That seems more annoying than merely getting the tracking number posted late...

Oh I have had more run around from USPS than just late updates on tracking numbers. I feel you, I really do. USPS is the absolute worst way to ship or receive anything. No wonder they are going broke.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Fedex has delivered my packages to the neighbor's house and left them on their porch or leaves them hanging on a post at the end of my driveway for anyone passing by to take. USPS sucks and constantly delivers my mail to the neighbors and their mail to me. UPS is the only one that comes consistently at the same time and will open the gate and come up my driveway to deliver a package. If I know they are coming, I usually have the gate open for them but if I am not out there on time, they know to come up. Fedex has been told to do this but we never have the same driver like we do with UPS.

You are one of the lucky, the few, the unexplainable...

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You are one of the lucky, the few, the unexplainable...

Maybe we just have a good route driver. If you want to talk about HORRIBLE service, just ask me about USPS and my mail delivery. I file complaints online almost daily at this point. Apparently, adding 8 inch tall numbers to the box still does not clarify what MY address is...maybe the printing on the envelopes need to be that big too.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Vendor created tracking number via software, ups has not scanned package in yet. Give it time.

QFT. (Emphasis mine)

The tracking number is generated as soon as the shipping label is (by the vendor, aka, "your uncle"). UPS will have no info until they actually receive the package and scan it in to their system.

By your logic, your uncle "sucks" and you should "never do business" with him either.

Last edited:

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Everything work sends me comes via FedEx, and they do pretty good with it. Other than ground shipping taking ages from TX or CA, it always arrives in good shape, right at my front door, and they always hit the doorbell twice. The one thing I got from work via UPS was my work computer, and after watching them unload it from the truck I cringed. they dropped the box face down on the edge of the truck floor before getting the rest of the boxes. Since it's an all in one, I checked it before the guy left and there was a chip taken out of the front glass.

Top Bottom