Never thought I'd get here. Done buying guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I thought I was going to make through 2024 without buying ANY guns and made it to April! With the year half over I might make it with just one in 2024. The one I did end up with was more of an impulse buy or one "I didn't realize I needed." A SIG P365X Macro.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have had a hankering for a new gun for a few months. But I can't decide what to buy. I don't like having to stock tons of ammo in too large a variety of calibers, so I will stick to: 22LR, 32 ACP, 9mm, 38 SPL/357 Mag, or 45 ACP. That is pretty much set in stone. I love my Browning Buckmark 5.5" 22; don't have any desire for another 22LR. My 9mm is Kahr's CM9, wonderfully small and light gun. It has been completely reliable; no need for another 9mm. The Keltec .32 is close to 30 years old with over 1,000 rounds through it; again, reliable. And who needs 2 32ACP guns? I have a 4", 3", and 2 2" revolvers. Don't see any need for more there either. My house gun is a G21.4. I like it. I like it more any of the 1911s I've had. The only thing I have a real interest in is the Kahr X9, which does not actually seem to exist. The Buckmark is my only SAO. I like DA/DAO triggers, and Kahr is among the best. If the X9 is ever actually released, I will buy one. Short of that, meh? I think I've got all the guns I need. That just sounds funny. Like 'I've got all the money I need', funny. It almost seems wrong.
    Remember, 1 is none and 2 is one. Duplication of the herd is never a bad idea.

But I think you do need to add some distance capability to your stable. At least a .223 AR. Or perhaps that new light Ruger .308 AR.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with you. All I can think of wanting is a 1911 safe queen, an 80s era Remington 1100, and a lever action 22. The latter is only because my kids want one. Otherwise I'm good.

And I'm not motivated enough on the other two to spend the money on one. So yeah, I'm good too.

EDIT: Or a Platypus. But once again, I have better things to spend my limited pennies on.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like someone else said up thread, it’s probably just a phase. I’m pretty well “caught up“ now too. I really don’t see a lot out there right now I just gotta have. I’ve been there before and it went away. Something will come along and that new gun fever will return.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I really don’t see a lot out there right now I just gotta have.
    This is kinda where I'm at. I was in about 10 different gun shops this past week, and while their inventories were obviously much larger than my personal collection, I realized that I wouldn't willingly trade what I have for their entire shop. There are so many options out there these days that it's mind-boggling, but I've kinda settled on what I like and have checked the boxes with stuff that works for me.

There's a lot of good stuff out there that I don't own, but chances are I have something that does the same thing. I have limited time and ammo, and investing those in a wide variety of platforms instead of the ones I've committed to seems like a waste once you've done the "research" and settled on the one you are going to use.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I haven't bought a gun in years. When we thought we were going to authorize red dots, I bought a 43X and a 45 and set them up for optics. Still waiting on the authorization.

The new Colt revolver in blued got my attention a bit, but I haven't bothered to try and track one down. They'll hit the used market after the gun of the month club gets tired of them soon enough.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't imagine not having any long guns. I'm not in the market for any guns right now either. In fact I need to start thinning the herd. I have no interest whatsoever in "new" guns.

Robert B.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Anderson
    I have had a hankering for a new gun for a few months. But I can't decide what to buy. I don't like having to stock tons of ammo in too large a variety of calibers, so I will stick to: 22LR, 32 ACP, 9mm, 38 SPL/357 Mag, or 45 ACP. That is pretty much set in stone. I love my Browning Buckmark 5.5" 22; don't have any desire for another 22LR. My 9mm is Kahr's CM9, wonderfully small and light gun. It has been completely reliable; no need for another 9mm. The Keltec .32 is close to 30 years old with over 1,000 rounds through it; again, reliable. And who needs 2 32ACP guns? I have a 4", 3", and 2 2" revolvers. Don't see any need for more there either. My house gun is a G21.4. I like it. I like it more any of the 1911s I've had. The only thing I have a real interest in is the Kahr X9, which does not actually seem to exist. The Buckmark is my only SAO. I like DA/DAO triggers, and Kahr is among the best. If the X9 is ever actually released, I will buy one. Short of that, meh? I think I've got all the guns I need. That just sounds funny. Like 'I've got all the money I need', funny. It almost seems wrong.
    You are a very lucky person for not ever catching the JOM virus.(Just one more) which I personally have suffered with for many years now. I salute you!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You need to get into other guns, this happened to me about two years ago. I love shooting but going to the range 1-2X a week and blowing out the X ring every time on every target was getting boring. Started shooting clays with shotguns and have not looked back, my only mistake is shotguns make 1911s/2011s look freaking cheap.

Top Bottom