• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That is the Pot calling the Kettle Black...:popcorn:

Explain where I am hypocritical in my purchasing decisions.

I switched from Costco to Sams because of the Costco no-gun policy. I don't eat at BW3 because of their no gun policy.

There are some industries where all the players are anti-gun, some more so than others. HP directly donates to anti-gun groups so I don't support them with my purchases but I don't know of a computer company that is not at least sympathetic toward the anti-gun cause.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    You're going to see a lot more of this sort of frustration with the cloud crap. Storing everything off site rather than in your device is a backdoor way of regulating and forcing you to buy only from apple and not be able to sell or give away your property when you part with a device.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You're going to see a lot more of this sort of frustration with the cloud crap. Storing everything off site rather than in your device is a backdoor way of regulating and forcing you to buy only from apple and not be able to sell or give away your property when you part with a device.

Doesn't Microsoft Zune do the same?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    For equal time to droid on the ringtone thing, it's very easy on an android phone to make them right there on your phone from any music you have...

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I bought the phone. I bought the music. I bought the app that lets me use my music to make ringtones from iTunes. Why is it that I shouldn't expect it to work? Well it does now after that extremely easy fix which the apple people refused to tell me about.

Why make a personalized ring tone? Why customize you weapon? It's fun, it works better? A stock rifle and scope work but don't you like your modifications?

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I just downloaded the free app....ringtone maker. Picked the song and the timeframe. Hit save. Plugged my phone into computer. Clicked the app heading and then highlighted the ringtone. I then had to drag it to my desk top and then to my Itunes folder. Then went to ringtone heading and sync'd to phone. Bingo bango its there.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I just downloaded the free app....ringtone maker. Picked the song and the timeframe. Hit save. Plugged my phone into computer. Clicked the app heading and then highlighted the ringtone. I then had to drag it to my desk top and then to my Itunes folder. Then went to ringtone heading and sync'd to phone. Bingo bango its there.

HTC EVO-song is on SD card, download Ringdroid app from the market, run app, new ringtone!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    +1 Noland and repped. It worked. Amazingingly simple fix. I can't understand how the apple techs wouldn't know about this. OR they just didn't want to tell me. At any rate TYVM. Now when my wife calls I have the BeeGees groovin on More than a Woman again. :)

Still not gonna buy an apple again. grrr.

They can't tell you about things like that.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I am confused...you have one bad experiece with the apple product and people and you are going to bash them by telling everyone? If we all had a bad experience with an electronic device we would boycott every company out there. Your error with the upgrade has probably effected minimal owners. Things happen, chaulk it up to **** happens? If you want a custom ringtone figure out how to modify it "jail Break it" or get an app that does it.

Apply a liitle grace....seems like an awful small issue.

Just sayin....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thank you for doing your part!

To be fair, I also bought a Samsung Galaxy 2S. That's the problem with having a family. I can't do anything in singles, it's all done in threes. Amusement park? No $4 soda for me. If I'm thirsty, it's $15. Hungry? $47. Need a phone? It's not $100, it's $500. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom