• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I hope you file a formal complaint against this obvious BS, no such law exists in Indiana.

DO NOT LET THE THUGS INTIMIDATE YOU, PRETTY SAD THAT COPS DO NOT EVEN KNOW THE LAW THESE DAYS. BUT A LAWYER CAN MAKE HIM LEARN THE LAW REAL QUICK.
    Some cops dont CARE about nothing but what THEY want or their 'friend' wants ,just being big sh&t wanting to throw weight around like everybody is going to run scared.The ones that have that GOD complex & the ones that dislike military people need not be an officer. There are many good ones ,Ive not gotten tickets because of my Ft. Bragg sticker or a discussion on guns that they start.Its 'slow down & have a nice day'

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Some cops dont CARE about nothing but what THEY want or their 'friend' wants ,just being big sh&t wanting to throw weight around like everybody is going to run scared.The ones that have that GOD complex & the ones that dislike military people need not be an officer. There are many good ones ,Ive not gotten tickets because of my Ft. Bragg sticker or a discussion on guns that they start.Its 'slow down & have a nice day'

Yep, and thats why those people SHOULD NOT REMAIN ON THE JOB AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED.

Its pretty sad though, the amount of cops who have something against military. I had a buddy who couldnt get a job as a cop to save his life because he was in the Marines :n00b: and apparently thats bad if you want to become a cop.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    BEFORE you tear out the fence make DAMN SURE it is on your property...
    If it is down the property line do NOT tear it out, find out what your County Zoning has to say about its placement and then proceed to file complaints with the proper authorities...

The repercussions could be very detrimental to you financially if you rip out the fence and YOU are not 100% righteous...

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Wheres Andy Griffith when you need him?

Yep, and thats why those people SHOULD NOT REMAIN ON THE JOB AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED.

Its pretty sad though, the amount of cops who have something against military. I had a buddy who couldnt get a job as a cop to save his life because he was in the Marines :n00b: and apparently thats bad if you want to become a cop.
    Lots of deptartments want that mil. experiance,but yes some cops that wasnt military themselves resent the whole thing,its like they want to feel best of the best and feel threatened by this guy who has been though Iraq/Afganistan. What happened to the Andy Griffith types?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    BEFORE you tear out the fence make DAMN SURE it is on your property...
    If it is down the property line do NOT tear it out, find out what your County Zoning has to say about its placement and then proceed to file complaints with the proper authorities...

The repercussions could be very detrimental to you financially if you rip out the fence and YOU are not 100% righteous...

Or if the horse gets loose and gets on the road killing someone driving by...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    we live about 8 miles out of the city limits, if the officer wouldve actually went out back with me I wouldve showed him the backstop, I only shot about 20 rounds and couldve dug up the steel plate and showed him 20 dents, but apparently he is friends with the neighbor, according to our other neighbor these people call the cops for everything, yet they have about 15 cars sitting in their field, junk all over the place and the electric fence, I could be wrong but I always thought that if you put up and electric fence you had to have it 6 ft off the property line or have something in between it, if my son was to touch it there would be more than 20 rounds in the backyard lol

I would not tear down their fence like someone said to do, but you should be aware of a law that I believe is on the books where if you leave the fence there and they claim to take care of the land on the other side that after 7 years they can claim that land. Be sure of your property lines and the law (in case I am wrong) and file a complaint.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Pfft... If you're outside of city limits and there is no ordnance at the county level... You're good to go. However, your neighbors may be able to file a complaint that you're disturbing the peace if the horses are getting scared.

I'm pretty confident about the out of city limits thing... My yard backs up to an un-annexed area of Fishers. Neighbors shoot back there all the time and my neighsbors called the Hamilton Cty Sheriff who comes out looks and then tells my neighbor the shooter's are legal because they're in the county (even though they're almost surrounded by by Fisher's).

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    Why not just introduce yourself to your neighbor with a friendly visit, handshake and smile. Tell them that you are making the rounds visiting neighbors to put their minds at ease about gunfire from your property. Let them know you are military police with many hours of firearm safety training and have made a safe shooting area and offer them to visit to check it out and perhaps offer any suggestions (while they are there offer to let them shoot) IF they do not show intrest or get irrate then look at your options. At least you tried and if things get ugly you use your visit to your advanage. (you might record your visit)

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Neighbor problems suck. I love my neighbors (but I don't shoot at home).

Devil's Advocate Here: An acre is not much land. Just sayin.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    ive never heard of a law against tearing down fence on your own property. if they complain bring up the shooting insident.

I think he really should keep the two issues separate!
    Deal with each issue on it's own.

O.p., if you have a problem with the fence, why haven't you dealt with it before now? I assume just not wanting to complain to a neighbor!?
    Do your research, make sure you are right, then proceed. Tell him you want the fence moved, if you have that right. And shoot away! Let him complain to his "friend" and let him pound sand! Just make sure you have the law printed up and available if and when the l.e.o. or the dnr officer shows up.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I would not tear down their fence like someone said to do, but you should be aware of a law that I believe is on the books where if you leave the fence there and they claim to take care of the land on the other side that after 7 years they can claim that land. Be sure of your property lines and the law (in case I am wrong) and file a complaint.

I beleave that is refered to as the Homestead Act/law. MOST states have done away with it.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I am willing to bet the deputy is the same one who pulled me over for "failing to stop at the yield sign". I made a left turn into the left hand lane of the four lane. The right lane was occupied. I did not stop because there is only a yield sign. I did not take the legal u-turn at 55mph which was the posted speed limit.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I use to shook my AK on my property and my property butts up the airport. Never a problem and bump fired it quite a bit. I don't know what part of town you live but sounds like you need new neighbors. I've talked to mayor G and she said she has no problem with OCing as long as the person has LTCH, very pro-gun. You might talk with her about the situation.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg

Just fyi Indiana has a state law the ex military are to get preference during hiring processes for police departments. Was just informed of that to day trying to get info for my nephew on local departments that are hiring. and my source was the Capt. in charge of hiring :patriot:

sorry for the hijack

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I use to shook my AK on my property and my property butts up the airport. Never a problem and bump fired it quite a bit. I don't know what part of town you live but sounds like you need new neighbors. I've talked to mayor G and she said she has no problem with OCing as long as the person has LTCH, very pro-gun. You might talk with her about the situation.

Why talk to her? Why not talk to the mayor of Mitchell? He doesn't live in either city. Glad that she said she has no problem with people doing what they are already legally authorized to do though.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    O ya my wife happens to be a dispatcher for the city dept. so she called the county and got the officers info, tomorrow's shooting event will consist of about 75 rounds spread out throughout the day every other hour, the officer will get tired of being called and hopefully give up, if not the fence will be coming up thursday.

I happen to have a 300 win mag rifle thats in need of a good breack in and sight in. :D

Check the laws , check the property lines, and if its good to go blast away. :ar15:

Top Bottom