• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I too live out in the country and have two dogs that I keep penned or on a leash. One time I forgot to latch the gates and my dogs got out. One is a border collie mix the other is a cattle dog mix...When I realized what had happened I looked over at the neighbor's house who has chickens and there one of my dogs was chasing the chickens. I shouted her off and got her back and on a leash, but if my neighbor had shot her, I would have been upset, but not mad. How could I, after my dog escaped and went after his chickens, even if she didn't kill one, it was only a matter of time as it's in their nature, and why should he wait and see? Because it was my fault that my dog was over there, even if it was because I forgot to close the gate, I would have to take responsability for my dog.

I don't know Mike, but I gotta say that you have gone out of your way to be a good neighbor and to do the right thing. Kudos to you.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I too live out in the country and have two dogs that I keep penned or on a leash. One time I forgot to latch the gates and my dogs got out. One is a border collie mix the other is a cattle dog mix...When I realized what had happened I looked over at the neighbor's house who has chickens and there one of my dogs was chasing the chickens. I shouted her off and got her back and on a leash, but if my neighbor had shot her, I would have been upset, but not mad. How could I, after my dog escaped and went after his chickens, even if she didn't kill one, it was only a matter of time as it's in their nature, and why should he wait and see? Because it was my fault that my dog was over there, even if it was because I forgot to close the gate, I would have to take responsability for my dog.

I don't know Mike, but I gotta say that you have gone out of your way to be a good neighbor and to do the right thing. Kudos to you.

Thank You sir!!!!:cheers:

I never updated this thread. I ended up delivering Fido to the local shelter myself. I caught him trying to dig under the fence of my chicken pen.(Free-range birds but I do pen them up at night.) I had a clear shot on him but when he stopped digging and wagged his tail when he saw me I just couldn't. The dumbasses from down the road came by last week wanting to know if I had seen the dog. Told them nope!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Thank You sir!!!!:cheers:

I never updated this thread. I ended up delivering Fido to the local shelter myself. I caught him trying to dig under the fence of my chicken pen.(Free-range birds but I do pen them up at night.) I had a clear shot on him but when he stopped digging and wagged his tail when he saw me I just couldn't. The dumbasses from down the road came by last week wanting to know if I had seen the dog. Told them nope!

Good man. I live in the country also. I live near a state highway. As a result I get people dumping animals fairly often. I have had animal control come get some and have took some in my self. My latest was the most pitiful cat I have ever seen. It looked like it had been a little to close to a fan blade/belt. It was skin and bones,missing his right lower leg/paw and most of her tail. I am not a cat fan but it was sad. We took her in and got her fixed up. My son who was home on leave from Iraq named her "tripod'. :D Well tripod just had three kittens!! :xmad: I guess no good deed goes un punished. Anyone need a couple of kittens PM me-will deliver.:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom