• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If you are paying over $900 for a new Sig, then well lets just say you are paying over $200. Last time I bought a Sig 226R in 40 I paid $680 with tax. I would like to see one of these so-called $350 USED Glocks.:):

If you're providing free sex with your purchase, you MIGHT be able to buy a new Sig226R for $680. Wholesale prices on a basic E without night sights are higher than that now.

Last 2 Glocks I took in on trade were $350 for a 3rd Gen 17 and $425 for a 35. But, I forgot...you're one of the guys who wants wholesale on the purchase and retail on his trade-in.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I haven't seen one with the new, only the old - it's just so different from every other firearm, it makes me keep in mind which firearm is on me and how to drop the mag and in a high stress situation that's less than ideal.

If it were my only weapon and/or my only carry weapon and/or all of my weapons had the other type of release it would be a non-issue.

I've got the new M2, I'll let you give it a run sometime.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Last 2 Glocks I took in on trade were $350 for a 3rd Gen 17 and $425 for a 35. But, I forgot...you're one of the guys who wants wholesale on the purchase and retail on his trade-in.

The last 2 Glocks you took in on trade? So you are comparing wholesale used Glocks to new retail Sigs? What price tag did you put on the used Glock, that is the better comparison.

Honestly I would say the street value difference between a Glock and Sig P226 would be about $200 - $250.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The last 2 Glocks you took in on trade? So you are comparing wholesale used Glocks to new retail Sigs? What price tag did you put on the used Glock, that is the better comparison.

Honestly I would say the street value difference between a Glock and Sig P226 would be about $200 - $250.

Yeah, I will give you $350 for your used Glock then jack the price up to $525:): Comparing an used Glock price to a brand new Sig price? That makes sense:n00b:

reddiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Wasn't he buying, Not selling the glock or sig?:dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wasn't he buying, Not selling the glock or sig?:dunno:

If he took them in on trade then I assume he has an FFL. So $350 is his cost, which in turn means they will be marked up. Buy cheap, sell high, stay in business. So $350 is not "retail" value for a used Glock. If the comparison is made between a used gun taken in on trade is made to the MSRP of a new gun it is not a fair comparison.

For example: I paid $500 for my used P226. I also paid $500 for a new Glock 23. (True prices). So a Glock and Sig actually cost the same.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If he took them in on trade then I assume he has an FFL. So $350 is his cost, which in turn means they will be marked up. Buy cheap, sell high, stay in business. So $350 is not "retail" value for a used Glock. If the comparison is made between a used gun taken in on trade is made to the MSRP of a new gun it is not a fair comparison.

For example: I paid $500 for my used P226. I also paid $500 for a new Glock 23. (True prices). So a Glock and Sig actually cost the same.

In your instance, true. In the grand scheme of commerce...not so much.

There were many Glocks trading below $400 or thereabouts before Sandy Hook. And new Sigs were cheaper then. Now? My cost on one of the last 35 available Sig P220R Extremes in February was a little less than $900. So, if I marked it up at 10% and include sales taxes, that new Sig would run at least $1050 in most shops...probably more.

New Sigs are unlikely to come down in price. Used Glocks (no matter what the fanboys say) are going to go back down. So that's a spread of a little over 2 1/2 to 1. That's the point I was making. There is a wide spread on the price and I recommended to the OP oh so long ago before the pie fight started that his best bet was a used Glock.

If you think I'm in error, we'll see how things work out in about 6 months.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anybody know any differences between the two?

As far as reliability, I don't know of any differences. The only differences I know of are price and esthetics. Price is a major factor compared to reliability and esthetics less so.

Using gaming theory, your best choice would be the Glock. If price were not a factor, then Glock or Sig. Your choice.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Haven't heard a lot about the SR9 but have heard the SR45 is pretty good. I'd assume they're both quality firearms since I've not heard any negative.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One thing about a Glock, you can ponder it all you want for a number of years then go out and find exactly what you want without having to worry about the price jumping due to scarcity. I traded one because I figure I could go out and find the same one for the same price if I wanted.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    You can't go wrong with either of them! But I'm a Sig man and would go that way. Just make sure which ever you choose, choose the one that's comfortable to hold in you'r hand!

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Have had both, and prefer my 226r. I had no complaints with my Glock, just never truly connected with it. My Sig has been a dream to own and shoot. My favorite pistol is a 1911. So it is no surprise that I liked the Sig more than a Glock. That being said, I can forsee another Glock in my future at some point...

Kozzmo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Thanks for all your replies! I think I'm going to go with the sig p226 over the glock 17, not 19!! Haha that was a typo. But I plan on asking my dad for it for graduation which isn't for like 2 months. But I will be sure to post a picture of what I get. At this moment it's defiantly the p226 however that could change if I ever get to the store to see how it feels it my hand. I defiantly like the all metal guns though. That's what my dads .22 is. I just like the heaviness of a gun in my hand, metal just has a nice feel to it once again thanks for your replies! Feel free to keep posting and making points on both guns. I read every comment and enjoy people's opinions on the two. Who knows maybe one of you can change my mind!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a P226 and I have shot my friend's Glock, I kind of like shooting my SIg better than the Glock. Not saying the Glock is not a nice gun, it is pretty well balance and accurate. However, since I have used a Sig on duty and now personally, I prefer the SIg more than any other fine guns out there.

Top Bottom