• ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    South Bend / Elkhart area

Looking for a used "shot out" AR barrel for an amateur movie production. This barrel will be fitted for shooting blanks.

As an amateur production there is no budget for this so I am looking for a donated barrel that has no useful life left in it.

Please PM me if you could help out a begger. :D

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Without a bullet in front of the gas all your pressure to cycle the bolt is lost, which is why whenever we used blanks in the service we used a BFA. I'm sure he's going to plug the barrel instead of using a bfa since it would be visible.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    In LA we used what has been refereed to as "Hollywood Blank Adapters".

They just fit behind the flash hider. They keep enough pressure to cycle the bolt and the hole lets out some flash to look cool.
    Depending on the ammo and the gun. they can be tweaked with a smaller or larger hole to tune it right.

There were a few styles out there or the armorer would just make a bunch for the shoot.

Blanks are dirty critters so ya, I wouldn't want to run my "Safe Queen" with them.

5 56mm 223 Hollywood Style Blank Adapter | eBay

But as to a thrasher barrel - sorry no got for you. :(

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Without a bullet in front of the gas all your pressure to cycle the bolt is lost, which is why whenever we used blanks in the service we used a BFA. I'm sure he's going to plug the barrel instead of using a bfa since it would be visible.

United Nations Ammo Company sells a neat $5 Hollywood AR blank adapter that inserts into the barrel underneath the flash hider. No modification to the weapon is required, and they cannot be seen

United Nations Ammo Company (UNAC)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Thanks for the advice guys. The current barrel is not threaded for any adapter, and therefore the next best step is to use an old threaded barrel and a special back pressure adapter. The critical element here is the budget, which is too low to purchase a new threaded barrel.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom