• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    The scope and picatinny mount are made together, he said to raise it up would mess up trying to dial it in correctly. Idk enough about it to say otherwise. And my plan is to get a better scope, just don't have the funds at the moment for a really good one.

Oh and my AR is just and standard flat top. Thanks for the info

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's good shootin, don't know if my eyes are good enough to shoot clays that far with open sights. Haha, Yeah if you don't care to post some pics, I would like to see it. Need some ideas. Thanks
    To be fair, I am using a bipod for those shots.
    IMG_20140330_043302125.jpgView attachment 27480

The riser makes the charging handle a bit difficult to get to, but I think I'm going to put one of the bigger ambidextrous handles on.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The scope and picatinny mount are made together, he said to raise it up would mess up trying to dial it in correctly. Idk enough about it to say otherwise And my plan is to get better scope, just don't have the funds at the moment.

So its designed like a ACOG? If you can live with what you have for awhile you can use the money from the 45 degree sights, and put it towards your scope upgrade.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I know I am a little late to help, but, FWIW, the GG&G line is about the only set I know under $250 that I would place faith in. Unfortunately, not as much from using them first hand, but more from my experience with the company's products as a whole.

GG&G 45 Degree Transition Sights - GGG-1588 - Primary Arms

I would disagree with your statement. $250 is alot of money to spend on a set of back up iron sights. I wouldn't buy a $12 set off of ebay, I would buy what I could afford. After a point, you are paying for a name.
    I know you can buy a Matech rear sight, used on Ebay, for $35-40. That is what the Army issued us when we went to Afghanistan. So I did more than place my faith in them, I staked my life on them. Place it on a decent 45 degree base, same with your front sight and have fun.
    With that being said, I personally don't see the need for having a set of sights hanging off the side of your rifle. I have a 2-7x scope on a quick release base and my BUIS up on top of the rifle. Personal preferences make the world go 'round, right?
    He can try them on the side and if he doesn't like them, it is nothing that can't be undone. Have fun!

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I would disagree with your statement. $250 is alot of money to spend on a set of back up iron sights. I wouldn't buy a $12 set off of ebay, I would buy what I could afford. After a point, you are paying for a name.
    I know you can buy a Matech rear sight, used on Ebay, for $35-40. That is what the Army issued us when we went to Afghanistan. So I did more than place my faith in them, I staked my life on them. Place it on a decent 45 degree base, same with your front sight and have fun.
    With that being said, I personally don't see the need for having a set of sights hanging off the side of your rifle. I have a 2-7x scope on a quick release base and my BUIS up on top of the rifle. Personal preferences make the world go 'round, right?
    He can try them on the side and if he doesn't like them, it is nothing that can't be undone. Have fun!

I agree that $250 is quite a bit for BUIS, but it is also below the price point of many of the dedicated RTS sets. Combining 45degree bases with traditional BUIS is a viable option, IMO, but does introduce two more connection points into the system (which may worry some folks.)

Additionally, depending on the dimensions of the 45degree base, it could result on your sights being notably off-axis from your barrel. Realistically, this is only likely to be a problem when trying to use your "RTS" at greater distances, such as after a scope failure.

Like you, I prefer to run traditional BUIS & a QR scope mount. OTOH, the OP asked about RTS sets and my comment was focused on dedicated RTS sets.

Last edited:

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    So its designed like a ACOG? If you can live with what you have for awhile you can use the money from the 45 degree sights, and put it towards your scope upgrade.

I seen a few on there I liked, will keep you in mind when I get some cash together. Thanks

Top Bottom