• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I acquired one from Mike at Pop Guns years ago.
    I repaired his remote control for his RCA TV. Replacement remote wasn't available.
    Payment was the Jennings. It's still in a box somewhere. Never fired or even opened up as far as I can recall now. It was the ugliest pistol (loose description) I'd ever seen.
    I guess I've always been afraid to shoot it. I figured it'd come apart at the seams with the rimfires in it.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm not standing up for the gun, but I wonder how many bashers here have actual experience with this gun.
    IMO too many people give opinions on guns they haven't even shot.
    I personally don't give opinions on things I know nothing about.
    Some of my best
    guns are ones labeled "junk" by those who haven't even held one. Lucky for me I didn't listen to them.

borrowed one from a buddy, "used" it, bought it off of him so I could throw it in the lake, bash it on a regular basis

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    So, I've looked at the title of this thread for a couple of days now and... Is it just me or does anyone else picture a guy whispering this from an alley as you're walking down a city street?:laugh:

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    My dad used to have people come up to him when he was an ice cream truck driver in the 70's and ask if he "wanted to buy a gun for 5 dollars." Of course you said yes, because, well, you knew they had a gun.

This thread title reminds me of that.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have a J-22 and let me tell you these guns are junk. I use it only as a tackle box gun. This is a gun that you have to know that it will not shoot the whole magazine of 6 shots without about 3 problems of some sort.

The one in the add looks like it's $50. But when I say that I mean that the seller would have to pay me $50 for me to take it.

If someone said they would give me the gun if I would give them the piece of gum I was chewing I would keep the gum.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    If you go with jeminez, be prepared to use cci only. If its new, get it broke in, and you might be able to shoot a couple of clips of cci before it jambs up and needs cleaned and re-oiled.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    If you go with jeminez, be prepared to use cci only. If its new, get it broke in, and you might be able to shoot a couple of clips of cci before it jambs up and needs cleaned and re-oiled.

Yea that is actually funny:): I use CCI because I researched it and found that as you said, that is the best ammo for it. But when your talking about a gun that holds 6 rounds in a magazine and you say "you might be able to fire a couple of magazines before it jambs up and needs to be cleaned and oiled" :n00b: That is why this gun is a tackle box gun at best.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My FIL has one he inherited from his dad when he recently passed. It's in mint condition for a 20+ year old gun. He shot it and said it jammed once in 100 rounds, and no FTF/FTE's. It's a completely stainless or chrome, can't tell. With some sick custom grips. I'm thinking my wife's granddad had it worked on at some point.

He likes it so much I'm going to make him a pocket/wallet holster for it.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have a .380 I bought at a sheriff's auction 30 years ago and use it for training. Trigger pull, etc and if I can hit a target at 15 yards with it I can do it with any gun I own. Best $50 I have ever spent on a gun. It has ate evrything I feed it with zero failures, but it is not a carry gun, just for training purposes. It does serve my purpose, just my 2 cents.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    So how cheap would it have to be to buy these all in one lot? All but 4 are brand new. They are all [FONT=&quot]Jimenez, 9- 9mm's, 4-.380's, 1-.25, and 8-.22's[/FONT]. The .25, and 3 of the.22 are used.
    pix076342855.jpg

Last edited:

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Seen one for $150 new at a gun store.. The guy working their talked me out of buying it. LOL..

casper975

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was looking at one but I bought a north american arms mini revolver instead its smaller and a lot better built and reliable than any of the ring of fire guns

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess this is a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Being on a budget myself, I can understand wanting to shoot for less. But that might be taking it a bit too far.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So how cheap would it have to be to buy these all in one lot? All but 4 are brand new. They are all [FONT=&quot]Jimenez, 9- 9mm's, 4-.380's, 1-.25, and 8-.22's[/FONT]. The .25, and 3 of the.22 are used.
    pix076342855.jpg
    ...or you could have your oil changed, tires rotated, new filters and wash for the same price....

Top Bottom