• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    If you do, I have one sitting in my gun cabinet. No transfer fee... It doesn't shoot bad but I hate to admit I own it. Bought it from a friend 20+ years ago when he needed $20 for gas.
    I'll buy it from you!! I'll double your money!!!! I had one years ago, went bang every time, shot whatever I put in it. Was it a target pistol...no, it was intended for, and used for, close personal defense, and plinking, mine worked ! I got stupid once and sold it. I have a Phoenix Arms HP-22 now and it is a very good gun and very accurate!

Last edited:

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    i have one of these couldnt get it to eject a single round, my brother had a can of lube called beaver slick gave it a spray and shot 50 rounds perfectly. Cant make it jam now.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I think a large portion of the jams theses cheap 22s suffer are related to jacked up magazine feed lips. If the round don't get angled just right, it'll won't feed. This is especially true for 22s, and the flimsy stamped mags that come with these guns can get damaged easily.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    i have one of these couldnt get it to eject a single round, my brother had a can of lube called beaver slick gave it a spray and shot 50 rounds perfectly. Cant make it jam now.

Beaver slick, huh?

....gross.

I'm actually picking one of these up at the 1500, despite all the ridicule here. :)

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Hopefully not for a long time, But I will be owning one of those in all stainless when the time comes for my father to move on from this life. Besides his Smith 6in stainless revolver, it is one of his more favorite guns to shoot.

With me??? ughhh, I rather hear a bang instead of a misfire or clearing a jam....

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ya know, I read this thread yesterday and then went to Bradis to buy a new gun. I actually for a half/split second looked at a Jennings 22 JUST because of this thread. Then my senses came back to me and I bought what is IMO a better pocket pistol.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Hopefully not for a long time, But I will be owning one of those in all stainless when the time comes for my father to move on from this life. Besides his Smith 6in stainless revolver, it is one of his more favorite guns to shoot.

With me??? ughhh, I rather hear a bang instead of a misfire or clearing a jam....

I didn't think they ever made one in stainless.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    eh...
    1) Its not for carry, its for fun.
    2) Its 30 dollars
    3) If SHTF I can melt it and make a couple shotgun slugs :)

Exactly, mine hasn't been out of the cabinet for more years than I can remember. I have other .22 pistols I shoot normally.
    Just for kicks, I pulled it out a few minutes ago and went through a magazine of CCI stingers, killed the heck out of a water bottle.
    No FTF or FTE's, although it needs cleaned badly. Looks like a project for later.:rockwoot:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Anyone up for a bet?

My Jimenez JA-22, one box of CCI Mini-Mags.

You pay me $1 for every round that fires, ejects and reloads properly.

I'll pay you $10 for every malfunction.

Put up or shut up.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Anyone up for a bet?

Put up or shut up.

Hear that? I think the gauntlet was just laid.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .... maybe Jennings/Jimenez and hi-point is an aquired taste.....and right now it tastes terrible to me.

WTH is wrong with you? Get the gun OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!! :eek:

Beaver slick, huh?
    I'm actually picking one of these up at the 1500, despite all the ridicule here. :)

Beaver slick? :dunno:

No really, I had a Bryco 380, too much use destroyed it. Maybe 250 rds. total.
    Barrel was loose in the frame and would jam every round it tried to chamber.
    Not worth fixing and I would not sell a busted gun to anyone, that one got chopped and :poop: canned.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Let me figure this one out: For the same $50-odd I could get myself a bottle of Bushmill's Black Label or a Jennings .22 of unknown history, etc.

Just personal opinion from brief acquaintance with a single example of the Jennings, but if that's anything to go by I'm inclined to believe that I'd be much more "comforted" by the presence of a bottle of Black Bush, and it'd likely hold up just as long with regular use.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Anyone up for a bet?

Put up or shut up.

funny that some people just can't stand it when their opinion isn't agreed with

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm not standing up for the gun, but I wonder how many bashers here have actual experience with this gun.
    IMO too many people give opinions on guns they haven't even shot.
    I personally don't give opinions on things I know nothing about.
    Some of my best
    guns are ones labeled "junk" by those who haven't even held one. Lucky for me I didn't listen to them.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm not standing up for the gun, but I wonder how many bashers here have actual experience with this gun.
    IMO too many people give opinions on guns they haven't even shot.
    I personally don't give opinions on things I know nothing about.
    Some of my best
    guns are ones labeled "junk" by those who haven't even held one. Lucky for me I didn't listen to them.

Owned it....used it.....bash it......sold it.......bash it some more! Lol

Top Bottom