• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I pray for Karlee, and her family, especially that her father might find some semblance of peace. Excuse me, I've got a lump in my throat.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Man, that sucks, poor kid.

On the other hand: What retard decides to "pocket carry" a friggin' Tokarev? Also, the safeties on those things are pretty much ornamental. Sounds like the dude didn't know what the fark he was doing...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I merged three threads together here. Two just popped up in the last day or two. The conversation might be a little disjointed in places.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Nothing could be more sad than this. I hope we don't read of the father taking his own life after this. May God be with him and his family. His little girl will be waiting for him on the other side.

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Man, that sucks, poor kid.

On the other hand: What retard decides to "pocket carry" a friggin' Tokarev? Also, the safeties on those things are pretty much ornamental. Sounds like the dude didn't know what the fark he was doing...

I'll never understand why people insist on carrying cheap pieces of junk like that.
    I doubt the father is over going to forgive himself for his negligence.

Terrible story.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    There is a difference between cheap and poorly made. There are exceptions but generally there is a correlation between the two.

Something else to consider ... one man's cheap is another man's affordable.

All of that is irrelevant to the family in this story. May they find peace quickly.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    So sad and tragic.

I have a question though to better educate and equip myself. Did the pistol "push" out of his pocket?

I ask because I pocket carry an m&p 340 all the time, even in shorts or jogging pants around the house. I grabbed a Nemesis holster when I got it and they are always together. It's never tried to "push" out. Looking for some input here in case I am really missing something regarding pocket carry.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So sad and tragic.

I have a question though to better educate and equip myself. Did the pistol "push" out of his pocket?

I ask because I pocket carry an m&p 340 all the time, even in shorts or jogging pants around the house. I grabbed a Nemesis holster when I got it and they are always together. It's never tried to "push" out. Looking for some input here in case I am really missing something regarding pocket carry.

I don't know what (if any) issues others have with pocket carry.

Personally, I only consider pocket carrying a true DAO semi auto (like a Taurus Millenium) or a DAO snub revolver (S&W 340PD, 442, etc.). Holster is a must.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I don't know what (if any) issues others have with pocket carry.

Personally, I only consider pocket carrying a true DAO semi auto (like a Taurus Millenium) or a DAO snub revolver (S&W 340PD, 442, etc.). Holster is a must.

The Taurus Millenium is probably not the safest thing to carry in a pocket, given that it is not a true DAO. Then again, you might drop it, get shot in the gut, and win big money in a lawsuit:

Product Liability Attorneys, Defective Product Cases | Morris Haynes & Hornsby

I will only pocket carry a DA revolver or a real DAO semi auto, like a Ruger LCP.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't see anywhere in the article that it says the gun was cheap or what kind of gun it was. An expensive gun can malfunction just the same as a cheap gun. It is a tragedy.

From the link in Post #13:

"Hill said the Type 54 pistol is manufactured by Beijing, China-based Norinco, which makes firearms, vehicles and many other defense products."

Not familiar with it myself, but it looks, in the picture, (linked article) like a Norinco knock-off of a Tokarev. I guess folks consider these a cheap firearm.

I have a Norinco made 1911 that I've had for nearly 20 years. Seems to be a totally reliable handgun to me. I've shot it a bunch with no malfunctions except an occasional stovepipe.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    The Taurus Millenium is probably not the safest thing to carry in a pocket, given that it is not a true DAO. Then again, you might drop it, get shot in the gut, and win big money in a lawsuit:

Product Liability Attorneys, Defective Product Cases | Morris Haynes & Hornsby

I will only pocket carry a DA revolver or a real DAO semi auto, like a Ruger LCP.

Dont mean to derail my own thread, but how is a Taurus Millennium not a true DAO? I have a 2nd Gen model Pro, and I am pretty sure it is DAO. The action clearly pulls back the striking mechanism, then releases it. It isnt even a "1.5" action, like Glocks, where the mechanism is partially cocked, so I am not seeing the confusion. (which is still DAO, since it takes two actions to fire).

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    this story just horrifys me ,
    yes i have had a ND, not proud of it and don't bring it up , but now lets say im missing a kitchen window,

anyways i have a 3yr old and a 1 yr old, and this always worries me , since i dont even work on weapons in the house , i have moved to a workshop outside, i still check, double check, and triple check now , but could'nt live other wise

Top Bottom