• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :): I have visions of the characters on Big Bang Theory saying, "Here we go.." when Sheldon starts a rant. What did I do :dunno:
    You got Kirk all hot and bothered and ready to recite the story of the magical 870 that fired off into the mountains.

Do an INGO search for "shootrite" and see how many times it comes up. :popcorn:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    And the Therac-25 was designed to not give lethal doses of radiation.
    And the CTS accelerators in Toyota were designed to not get stuck in the open position.
    And the...

The road to engineering hell is paved with well intended designs.

Darn, I guess I better stop dropping it with a round in the chamber just to flaunt it's safety.. :rolleyes:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Probably sufficient grounds for revocation of LTCH.

Though, that appears that won't be happening.

I wouldn't go that far, if that was the case the IMPD cop that recently blasted a hole in someones apartment should be fired :dunno: Luckily nobody was hurt at the walmart except the guys pride and possibly his wallet for any damage.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I bought this expensive hard plastic ball that was suppose to be indestructible, with a smaller ball in the center, and my dog ate it and pooped out the indestructible plastic.

Maybe they should say indigestible instead of indestructible?

I wouldn't doubt the capability of an AD/ND when a gun is dropped for whatever reason. I just make sure to never drop a gun, loaded or not.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't go that far, if that was the case the IMPD cop that recently blasted a hole in someones apartment should be fired :dunno: Luckily nobody was hurt at the walmart except the guys pride and possibly his wallet for any damage.

And our reputation. :n00b:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Riiiight, It "fell" out of the holster. Just like "I was cleaning it and it just went off".

While it is possible that it fell out of the holster, I am betting there was a certain amount of coonfingering going on, just my opinion.

I posted this in the other thread on the topic:

Cheap holsters will cough out a gun if you move wrong. Those cheapy fabric Uncle Mike's with the plastic clip are a great example. I bought one for a Beretta 9000S years ago when there weren't many holsters available yet and I wanted to be able to use it at the range while my custom holster was being made. The inside was so slick and there was no retention, no way would I have used it off range.

I guarantee you those cheap collapsible cloth holsters with a plastic clip can cough out the gun, or the whole holster, as you move. Not like hanging from the jungle gym moving, just walking caused the Beretta to inch up.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I guarantee you those cheap collapsible cloth holsters with a plastic clip can cough out the gun, or the whole holster, as you move. Not like hanging from the jungle gym moving, just walking caused the Beretta to inch up.

I hate those things they are the worst thing you can buy. We sold these at the store I worked at and if it was up to me I would not have carried them and I never pushed them, it's setting your customers up for failure to sell one of these pieces of junk.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Likely the same morons that think it's stylish to sit there at Walmart at the ammo counter, showing off their pistols to one another, thinking it's "cool". Look at me bra, I'm carrying just like you, we're ****ing awesome! Not.

Little kids, simply, little kids... that never grew up. Guns, motorcycles, cars, they just don't get it.

exbrit

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Northeast Indiana
    handing the antis's a bonus!

Yep, this bozo handed our opponents another real life case of an idiot with a firearm!
    I have carried revolvers and semi autos daily for over 35 years. Never had one "fall out" I make sure they are inserted and retained correctly, that's part of the responsibility of a CCW.
    :rockwoot:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You got Kirk all hot and bothered and ready to recite the story of the magical 870 that fired off into the mountains.

Do an INGO search for "shootrite" and see how many times it comes up. :popcorn:

I read that and saw this in Vlad the Impaler sig:

tumblr_mgsh3pcLrm1r2mfhgo1_400.gif

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sometimes our propensity to "eat our own" before facts are known baffles me. Accidents don't always happen to the "other guy". No one is infallible.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Likely the same morons that think it's stylish to sit there at Walmart at the ammo counter, showing off their pistols to one another, thinking it's "cool". Look at me bra, I'm carrying just like you, we're ****ing awesome! Not.

Little kids, simply, little kids... that never grew up. Guns, motorcycles, cars, they just don't get it.

...and thanks to the government, they survive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'd like to hear what gun this is. I've heard more than one story of a series 70 design (or before) 1911 going off when dropped on the muzzle, regardless of where the hammer is. Depends on the firing pin and firing pin spring.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

I'm not disagreeing with you. There is a reason I spend the money I do on custom holsters, just picked up a Henry Holster over the weekend to be my summer carry rig. I could do a full gymnastics routine with that holster on and not have to worry about the gun falling out.

I am just saying, that given the lack of details in the news story, my money is on the coonfingering.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Likely the same morons that think it's stylish to sit there at Walmart at the ammo counter, showing off their pistols to one another, thinking it's "cool". Look at my bra, I'm carrying just like you, we're ****ing awesome! Not.

FIFY. Is it one of those under the shirt holsters for women?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom