• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    well, i suppose 45acp is a bit quieter and less dangerous than a 30-06 ND, really bad in both cases, guys...really...dont get drunk before going to a gun show especially if you are carrying

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Exactly my concern, xd.

Also we do see threads on INGO about "Why come them thar revenooers make me zip tie my pistol gun at the gun show?"

Exhibit A=the lowest common denominator.

My growing concern is now the vast majority of these accidents seem to be when people are loading/unloading guns. I wonder how many of these incidents would not happen if they could have left the guns in their holsters to begin with.

Media is reporting this occurred in the foyer as he was reloading & leaving. The incident was near the exit but still in the show room.

There is no IQ test for owning a gun. The vast majority might be when loading/unloading but they are all NEGLIGENT. Shame on this idiot.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sorry to hear people were hurt!

Curious, what happens to the guy in this type of situation? Besides some form of medical suits by those hurt, what else? Lose his LTCH? Fines? Banned from shows?

This should be the bare minimum of punishment for this f-tard. Hell, I plan on going tomorrow myself. Now I have to be on red alert like I'm walking in Gary.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't even carry into a gun show because even though I pay attention to what I'm doing and understand and follow the safety rules, lapses in judgement do occur. I don't know anything about this other than what has been posted as I wasn't there but the auction I went to today wasn't exactly comfortable with teenage Amish kids waving a 454 Casull around sweeping EVERYONE to the left, right, and in front of them. I KNEW it wasn't loaded as I'd just been handling it (and them having NO live ammo in the building for any of the firearms up for sale) but seeing that big ol bore swinging around makes you want to beat someone with a baseball bat until they start understanding.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Take away his carry permit period, especially if the alcohol part is true. That is insane, truly irresponsible, and embarrassing for the responsible firearms owners out there.

That is one of the reasons I don't like going to gun shows anymore, and I really used to like them. You just can't take for granted, that everyone is on the same page with firearms safety and handling anymore.

I went for the first time in 15 years this last winter, and lost count how many times I was flagged by a goof with a firearm. The plastic tie was some comfort, but very little.

There was a time that people were trained in the basics of firearms safety, handling, courtesy, and responsibility (accountability) to others; either formally or by responsible family members.

Just like driving, not enough these days. What happened to us?

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    So who was the guy? Was he a "mole" perhaps? A "D" that was planted by the Barry Campaign to give gun owners a bad name?

Highly doubt it. It's not out of the realm of possibility, but it appears that this was a clear-cut case of a man being as irresponsible as can be. :noway: If you're going to carry loaded at a show, on or off the body, keep your hands off the loaded firearm unless it's use becomes necessary. It's really not that difficult.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Drank just enough to not be illegal...still...put him away in a dark hole with nothing more than a moldy piece of bread and some dirty Ohio river water.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    That is horrible. Why is it I hear more and more of this happening? Just a month ago I heard about it in Martinsville IL. We really need to educate more people on how to handle a weapon. I just got back from the show in Seelyville. Never seen anything unsafe there. I truly pray this crap stops happening or I am afraid I will no longer go to the shows. I truly enjoy talking to everyone and checking things out. But don't need some inexperienced goof ball having a NG and ruining my day. Stay safe everyone.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Or from northern Indiana! sheesh could imagine? nothing but hippies and nerds who like to be tacticool live above Pike county.:popcorn:

I lived down der a while, thats why I thought a little humor would be good for this thread, considering how sad the subject is,

No frets to the Boonville folks, it is not like I said you were from Grandview or something:laugh: :ingo:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Never seen anything unsafe there. I truly pray this crap stops happening or I am afraid I will no longer go to the shows.
    Here's the problem, Bowhunt, the less you (not, you personally Bow but "you" second person plural) know the more you are convinced that you know. In other words the lower one's training level, the more self-confident one is of his "safe" gunhandling skills. "I don't need no fancy gun skul ejamakashun. I've been around guns all meye life and my deddee taught me . . . *bang* sorry, Cledus!"

We in the gun culture have very far to go in educating people on how to handle firearms. It is my belief that it should start in the public schools but that may not be politically viable.

However, what we can do is to make education "cool" or the thing to do. As well, we need to make every effort to make gun safety and responsible gun handling more visible in our culture.

E.g., the gun show promoters should have sand barrels for loading or unloading instead of relying on magic force fields in the parking lots to stop the bullets. The Four Rules should be posted in multiple places at gun shows. Many little things can help us regulate ourselves.

Remember, those who do not control themselves become controlled.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Speaking as a member of the Board of Directors at ISRPA, I have proposed making a series of safe, situational (hunting, gun shows, informal target shooting, or even showing guns to guests, etc.) gun handling videos to be displayed on the ISRPA website or sent out with new memberships.

I will bring my idea up again at the next BoD meeting in May. I pray that the Evansville incident is the warning we need in order to address this issue and for a speedy recovery to the victims.

Last edited:

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I think the comedy guys said it best, You can't fix Stupid.

BUt I am sure the promoter will be brought into this.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Here's the problem, Bowhunt, the less you (not, you personally Bow but "you" second person plural) know the more you are convinced that you know. In other words the lower one's training level, the more self-confident one is of his "safe" gunhandling skills. "I don't need no fancy gun skul ejamakashun. I've been around guns all meye life and my deddee taught me . . ."

We in the gun culture have very far to go in educating people on how to handle firearms. It is my belief that it should start in the public schools but that may not be politically viable.

However, what we can do is to make education "cool" or the thing to do. As well, we need to make every effort to make gun safety and responsible gun handling more visible in our culture...
    ... The Four Rules should be posted in multiple places at gun shows. Many little things can help us regulate ourselves.

Remember, those who do not control themselves become controlled.
    That is so true, especially the highlighted part. I've heard it almost word for word so many times, not only in regard to safety rules, but usually within the context of or after mentioning the general idea of professional training, and how much we can all benefit. "By gawd, don't you tell ME 'bout shootin'! Ah don't need no traynin'!" (All I did was told him what a good time we had at a course, how much we learned and improved, and asked if he'd like to come with me next time.)

As an instructor once posted, it's almost as if the average American male (or too many) thinks he popped out of the womb with the automatic ability to drive like Mario Andretti, fornicate like Ron Jeremy, and shoot like Wyatt Earp. (Substitute other names if those are too dated for you.)

Top Bottom