• snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    are the people ok? anyone know?

Superficial woounds from concrete and bullet fragment, no hospitalization, thankfully.

So who was the guy? Was he a "mole" perhaps? A "D" that was planted by the Barry Campaign to give gun owners a bad name?

Nope, moron. Show went on as normal today. Most peolple thought the local media coverage was pretty fair.

yikes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    South of Gnaw Bone
    So should every parent that takes their children to a gun show need to be charged with child endangerment? Let's face it, all parents now know the danger. Yes I'm being slightly silly here to make a point.
    We do not HAVE to put up with it. 2nd admen says: well regulated. We should mean that. The penalty should be severe to make up for the instilled fear.

Last edited:

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    Hopefully people will learn when entering a bulding full of people handling guns, it's not a smart idea to take one in loaded. No matter your skill level.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I walked in this morning and joked win the guy putting the zip ties on guns told him I'll make it easy on him today and showed him my unloaded rifle. He said there's one in every bunch who can't get it right.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    This has been a major concern with me for a long time now. Of ourse everyone is responsible for their own actions period. I also think all gun shows should ahve a LEO on duty during open hours. All weapons should be checked at door prior to paying to get in and if any weapon is found loaded the person should not be allowed to enter period. I have worried many times at the 1500 about this very thing. We have 2 tables behind us that seem to have different people assigned to them at the shows. We actually witnessed the venders drinking during the show and yes they were selling guns and buying guns. The even left their evidence behind them. I reported this and nothing was done about it. The girls in the office came by a couple of times on Sunday to see if she could catch them but they wer'nt drinking on Sunday it was Saturday. I think they should have been asked to leave and banned permanently from future 1500 shows. All of this is making a bad name for the gun shows. If you ban guns from the shows then there will be no shows period.

Last edited:

OldHoosier62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Knife Lady, I can speak from 12+ years of experience that at least 35-40% of the dealers are drinking on friday and saturday-including many you would not expect. I am a retired dealer that was there for every show for almost 13 years.

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    Sorry to hear people were hurt!

Curious, what happens to the guy in this type of situation? Besides some form of medical suits by those hurt, what else? Lose his LTCH? Fines? Banned from shows?

I hope all of the above apply to this numb skull. Why on earth would he feel the need to take the tie off, let alone throw in a loaded mag AND chamber a round (was he afraid of being robbed, I think he was in a safe haven, lol).
    I was at the show in Muncie, carried in my s+w BUT removed the mag and LEFT IT IN THE TRUCK. The Sheriff Deputy at the door even asked if I had the magazine because it wasn't in the gun. I told him I had left it outside (don't think he believed me, now I know why).
    This guy should have his LTCH suspended at a minimum and should be required to attend a gun safety course before being allowed to have it back.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Here's the problem, Bowhunt, the less you (not, you personally Bow but "you" second person plural) know the more you are convinced that you know. In other words the lower one's training level, the more self-confident one is of his "safe" gunhandling skills. "I don't need no fancy gun skul ejamakashun. I've been around guns all meye life and my deddee taught me . . . *bang* sorry, Cledus!"

We in the gun culture have very far to go in educating people on how to handle firearms. It is my belief that it should start in the public schools but that may not be politically viable.

However, what we can do is to make education "cool" or the thing to do. As well, we need to make every effort to make gun safety and responsible gun handling more visible in our culture.

E.g., the gun show promoters should have sand barrels for loading or unloading instead of relying on magic force fields in the parking lots to stop the bullets. The Four Rules should be posted in multiple places at gun shows. Many little things can help us regulate ourselves.

Remember, those who do not control themselves become controlled.

So true...I have always thought education as "cool".

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    With this guy being charged with a felony and if convicted, I think that will take care of his gun rights. Truly a sad story no matter how you look at it for all those involved. Remember he is innocent until proven guilty.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Good thing I was at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot Saturday where thousands of rounds were being fired all at once! Still get a rush when the GE mini-gun and the 50 cals. go bang.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Heard about this on WIKY 104.1 on the way home from work this morning. Wow! If the reports of this chap being under the influence are true then all I can say is .... always amazed, never surprised. Common sense,even hands on instruction from a competent trainer (if this guy had either) can't make up for the effects of alcohol. Don't drink and mess with guns, you'd think would be universal common sense but it's not.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    So should every parent that takes their children to a gun show need to be charged with child endangerment? Let's face it, all parents now know the danger. Yes I'm being slightly silly here to make a point.
    We do not HAVE to put up with it. 2nd admen says: well regulated. We should mean that. The penalty should be severe to make up for the instilled fear.
    Not to bash on the new guy or anything...;)

But "well regulated' in the second amendment refers to all the parts working well together. It does not mean lots of laws by politicians to make sure that the ones that had guns were acceptable. Think of it like a watch (the wind up kind, no batteries) that has the works so well balanced that it keeps perfect time and you will get the idea.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I don't even carry into a gun show because even though I pay attention to what I'm doing and understand and follow the safety rules, lapses in judgement do occur.

I carry everywhere--everywhere!--and lapses in judgement do not occur for me. This guy was breaking SO many rules of safe gun handling that he deserves his felony charge.

My gun has never found its way out of its holster in public for any reason. And I sure as hell don't get drunk, go to the gun show, cut the zip tie on my 1911 after having checked it at the door, load a round, and try to lower the hammer on its loaded chamber!

This guy is a Grade-A loser.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am not defending this idiot but a .05 alcohol level is nothing, you can drive (legally) at that level. 2 or 3 beers for most people would get you a similar reading. So if he hadnt had a couple drinks at lunch he wouldn't even have a felony charge against him. Stupidity wins out here, I do not think the alcohol had anything with him being unsafe and playing with his gun in an inappropriate setting.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So now we are saying that it IS OK to punish everyone (being disarmed at a gun show) because of the actions of a few idiots?

I'm so confused...:n00b:

I guess the anti-gunners are right. We should ban guns because SOME people don't use them in an appropriate manner. :rolleyes: You never know when some idiot will pull out his loaded gun & accidentally shoot everyone around him. In a mall, on the street, at a gun show. I don't see the difference...:dunno:

Top Bottom