• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Conservatives are in favor of voter ID, whereas Democrats are opposed to them.

The conservative populace and many of the liberal populace are opposed to illegal immigration, whereas those who believe themselves our betters want illegal immigration for either cheap labor, votes or both.

How about National ID? Everyone must have a National Photo ID, verified with birth certificate and address verification. Children would be issued theirs starting in kindergarten and retaken every three years thereafter. They would be required only to vote, to apply for employment or government benefits (for now).

I believe, whatever your political bent you will not like this, I don't, just wanted to spark discussion,

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Where does the Constitution enumerate authority for the federal government to require/issue photo identification of citizens/residents of the several States?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where does the Constitution enumerate authority for the federal government to require/issue photo identification of citizens/residents of the several States?

Probably where it authorizes most of the other train wrecks congress acts upon and SCOTUS rules upon---the concoction of mixing a little commerce clause with a dose of 14th Amendment.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Conservatives are in favor of voter ID, whereas Democrats are opposed to them.

The conservative populace and many of the liberal populace are opposed to illegal immigration, whereas those who believe themselves our betters want illegal immigration for either cheap labor, votes or both.

How about National ID? Everyone must have a National Photo ID, verified with birth certificate and address verification. Children would be issued theirs starting in kindergarten and retaken every three years thereafter. They would be required only to vote, to apply for employment or government benefits (for now).

I believe, whatever your political bent you will not like this, I don't, just wanted to spark discussion,

I ALREADY have NATIONAL ID, and the PO PO don't like it, when I show it to them ..... Ret. Mil.

AND while we are talking about this, Kut, Denny, Frank, WHY don't Police, recognize Mil. I D ?????

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just bored, I would really enjoy to learn, if and why some are in favor of requiring / not requiring voter ID.

I would also like to see the reasons for being opposed to National ID (as I think everyone would be) From different Philosophical / Political ( liberal, conservative, libertarian, republican, democrat, etc) perspective.

Every one has an opinion, and sometimes I would like to learn the reasoning behind their opinion.

I have learned a lot here and I am home sick, so...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I ALREADY have NATIONAL ID, and the PO PO don't like it, when I show it to them ..... Ret. Mil.

AND while we are talking about this, Kut, Denny, Frank, WHY don't Police, recognize Mil. I D ?????
    Recognize it for what? We have nothing against it. The only time we legally REQUIRE your ID is in a crash or an infraction and I was not aware that officers do not see a mil ID as legit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I do, it's pretty hard to fake a Mil ID. If you're talking about when a person is stopped, and they hand you a DL and Mil ID, yeah we tend to not like that. Obviously, most LEOs (whether people like it or not) are going to go a lil easier on current or former military guys, but shoving an ID in our faces isn't the best way to go about that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would also like to see the reasons for being opposed to National ID (as I think everyone would be) From different Philosophical / Political ( liberal, conservative, libertarian, republican, democrat, etc) perspective.

The Left in the USA has been most supportive of National ID Cards:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d4fb80-6cb5-11e2-ada0-5ca5fa7ebe79_story.html

The Right generally opposes them:

We Don't Need A National ID Card

5 Reasons Why America Should Steer Clear of a National ID Card | Fox News

High octane liberals are usually against it: https://www.aclu.org/5-problems-national-id-cards

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We already have a national ID right here in Indiana, under the REAL ID program that Mitch Daniels was so eager to sign us up for. It meets all the criteria of the national ID plan that was put forth by bipartisan assent in the congress and White House at the time, (Bush). Many states refused to sign on, but others like Indiana were signed right up and into the program. If you have an Indiana DL you are part of the national ID program.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    We already have a national ID right here in Indiana, under the REAL ID program that Mitch Daniels was so eager to sign us up for. It meets all the criteria of the national ID plan that was put forth by bipartisan assent in the congress and White House at the time, (Bush). Many states refused to sign on, but others like Indiana were signed right up and into the program. If you have an Indiana DL you are part of the national ID program.

This. There was some controversy over that a few years ago when went through.
    And it gave us the pink license ( to match our new plastic LTCH!).

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    How hard is it to get a fake id. Kinda like illegals that pay for someone else' ssn and birth certificate.Let's be real here. Identification is only scratching the surface of what really needs to be done!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am firmly in favor of requiring ID to vote. That does not mean that I favor federalizing the authority to require or administer such a requirement. Of course, as previously mentioned, Mitch tripped all over himself to crawl under the desk on this one in the hope of getting a little extra sugar from Uncle Sugar.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    US-Passportcover.jpg

This?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

The Secure ID is only required for newly-issued licenses. If you are renewing an existing card, you are not (yet) required to go the Secure ID route.

That said, it's mere existence is utter horse****.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Recognize it for what? We have nothing against it. The only time we legally REQUIRE your ID is in a crash or an infraction and I was not aware that officers do not see a mil ID as legit.

I was "stopped" in Wash. Sq., a couple years ago, and I learned here on INGO, that is you are not driving, you don't have to show DL.....

He asked me to ID, and I told him my name and where I lived...

He said that wasn't good enough... I said, I don't have to show DL, because I am not driving, so I showed him my Ret., Mil. ID.....

He said that is not good enough..... In fact he asked me, what it was.

I told him, that it was Ret. Mil. ID.... He said if I didn't want to be arrested for Disorderly Conduct, I had better give him, REAL ID, In. DL.....

So I did .....

Top Bottom