• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure if this should go here or the break room but...

I had a thought the other day as I was driving through Marion. What is actually contained in the National Guard armories? I know they have all the humvee and trucks parked out back. But they tend to be rather large buildings. Do they have weapons and ammo? MRE's? Fuel for the trucks?

***I wouldn't ever plan on knocking off a .mil installation. Just curious. Hold on, several black vehicles just pulled up....

Last edited:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Just go in and ask for a guided tour, I am sure someone will gladly show you around.

If they say they are too busy or just deny you out-right, simply remind them in a loud clear voice that your taxes pay their salaries.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Not sure if this should go here or the break room but...

I had a thought the other day as I was driving through Marion. What is actually contained in the National Guard armories? I know they have all the humvee and trucks parked out back. But they tend to be rather large buildings. Do they have weapons and ammo? MRE's? Fuel for the trucks?

***I wouldn't ever plan on knocking off a .mil installation. Just curious. Hold on, several black vehicles just pulled up....

I always thought they held lots of tables and pancake griddles:):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I still refuse to talk about stuff and I've been out for 3 years. :dunno: A secret is a secret!
    this isnt one of those "secret, secrets". its just an armory for goodness sakes.

a lot of offices, a supply room, with an arms safe that probly has guns your grand daddy shot in WWII. a gym, more storage rooms, a kitchen for the bad soldiers to do dishes ;):):. there's some basics. nothing secret here guys. the man just wanted a little info. maybe he's thinking of joining :dunno: or maybe he just wants to know what his taxes have paid for his whole adult life :dunno:

by the way,,,,, the code to the safe doors are 75L 94R 28L :laugh:

oh, no. now im going to hell.

Last edited:

mattkellyind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Marion In (Central)
    I was in the 972 delta company(combat engineer) in Anderson before the down sizing of our reserve troops. The weapon locker was a big safe room that was wired straight to the local and state police. If you played basketball in the gym cafeteria area/gym/ the alarm would go off siliently and we would get raided by dozens of swat. Of course they soon took our ball away. But most compound are training rooms as was stated. Which I disagree with cause if the need arose our local heroes would have to go to the nearest fort to get explosives and mass ammo. Makes us feel real safe to be guarded by empty weapons and simulated claymores.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    this isnt one of those "secret, secrets". its just an armory for goodness sakes.

a lot of offices, a supply room, with an arms safe that probly has guns your grand daddy shot in WWII. a gym, more storage rooms, a kitchen for the bad soldiers to do dishes ;):):. there's some basics. nothing secret here guys. the man just wanted a little info. maybe he's thinking of joining :dunno: or maybe he just wants to know what his taxes have paid for his whole adult life :dunno:

by the way,,,,, the code to the safe doors are 75L 94R 28L :laugh:

oh, no. now im going to hell.

Thank God someone broke the ice, I was interested! E5RANGER375 is probably going to come up "missing" now guys! OOoOoooOo watch out all who dare to talk about an armory !!

Top Bottom