• ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why?

We're too busy cheering Trump for something we would have called Obama a dictator for doing.

I would have cheered BHO if he had built even some of the wall. The wall is reasonably defined as part of border security that is a direct constutional responsibility of the President. Executive orders outlawing coal are nowhere in the Constitution I have.

MM

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Like, say, not being able to plan for something you campaigned on years ago, haven't done much about in almost 2 years, then when Congress changes hands, picking the "hill to die on", losing and deciding he can spend money allocated elsewhere on whatever he likes?

I get it. No way he could have planned for this.

Lets unpack this, shall we?

A President that is almost as despised by his own party as the opposition is lied to repeatedly by the speaker of the house all the way out the door, and it is the Presidents fault?

Powerful interests and groups (including the UN) are financing or supporting ever increasing caravans of illegals, but it is not an emergency?

That is the history, now to current.

Did Trump lose? I think not. Did he get all he wanted? No. From my research he planned to do the shut down fight, but followed the adage, when your opponent is punching themselves in the nose, don't stop them. Democrats have had a disastrous start to the year from botched Presidential Campaign announcements to AOC's green deal, new reps open anti-semitism, the entire Virgina scandal and the failure to just get Trump after two years. What political consultant would advise stopping all that to shut down government for something you can achieve another way?

Nope, Winning...

MM

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Definitely not wrong about that last line. He's doing it because he can, not because it's right. I guess it goes back to the 2016 idea of "burn it all down" that many here cherished.

https://twitter.com/jacklgoldsmith/status/1096454014328324096

I disagree that it's not right. Illegal immigration is not right. Plus, it's dangerous not to have control of people coming to this country. And no one I know said burn it all down. That was the people in Ferguson, with their hands up - don't shoot mantra, as they pillaged and destroyed innocent shop owners of their life work.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The real emergency is the steadfast refusal of Congress to properly address immigration reform. There shouldn't be a path of illegal entry, turn yourself in, claim asylum, get released, disappear forever.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The real emergency is the steadfast refusal of Congress to properly address immigration reform. There shouldn't be a path of illegal entry, turn yourself in, claim asylum, get released, disappear forever.

Well, on one side of the aisle you‘ve got the open borders Democrats wanting more votes and on the other side of the aisle you’ve got the whore Republicans who suck up the business that likes cheap labor. And people wonder why nothing has gotten done?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Well, on one side of the aisle you‘ve got the open borders Democrats wanting more votes and on the other side of the aisle you’ve got the whore Republicans who suck up the business that likes cheap labor. And people wonder why nothing has gotten done?

^^This^^

I have to agree with the democrats on this one, it is a manufactured crisis. It has been manufactured over decades by both parties through their inaction.

I don't want Trump to do this, but it is a result of inaction and abdication of authority/responsibility by the congress. Tens of millions of illegals within our borders, and two-thousand more coming across each day seems like an emergency. A wall or barrier is just part of the solution, but it should also include severe penalties for people who employ illegals, which goes back to what was quoted above.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^This^^

I have to agree with the democrats on this one, it is a manufactured crisis. It has been manufactured over decades by both parties through their inaction.

I don't want Trump to do this, but it is a result of inaction and abdication of authority/responsibility by the congress. Tens of millions of illegals within our borders, and two-thousand more coming across each day seems like an emergency. A wall or barrier is just part of the solution, but it should also include severe penalties for people who employ illegals, which goes back to what was quoted above.

At what point, during the prior two years of this this president's term (w/a GOP Congress), did it become an emergency?

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    At what point, during the prior two years of this this president's term (w/a GOP Congress), did it become an emergency?

It became an emergency when he exhausted every other possible means of getting the job done without resorting to the nuclear option.
    Ever read Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? If you pull out the big guns at the first sign of trouble, you loose legitimacy, you'll be slandered as "just another bully trying to get his way". If you make every attempt to go through the "proper" channels first and then make your appeal to heaven, you can at least say, "Hey man, I never wanted this, I tried to resolve this peacefully, but this is the position I've been forced into".

And the Republican establishment doesn't want a secure border or enforced immigration laws any more than the Democrats do. It ensures the cost of labor stays at a minimum and the crime gives them an excuse to expand their own powers under their "law and order" platform.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It became an emergency when he exhausted every other possible means of getting the job done without resorting to the nuclear option.
    Ever read Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? If you pull out the big guns at the first sign of trouble, you loose legitimacy, you'll be slandered as "just another bully trying to get his way". If you make every attempt to go through the "proper" channels first and then make your appeal to heaven, you can at least say, "Hey man, I never wanted this, I tried to resolve this peacefully, but this is the position I've been forced into".

And the Republican establishment doesn't want a secure border or enforced immigration laws any more than the Democrats do. It ensures the cost of labor stays at a minimum and the crime gives them an excuse to expand their own powers under their "law and order" platform.

Ok, so it wasn't an emergency when the GOP held both houses, as obviously he wasn't nearly as concerned with it then, as now. Apparently then the GOP Tax Cuts was more of an emergency than the wall.
    And no I have read (or was even aware) of the book you mentioned, however after reading a brief synopsis, I might have to look into the book about an Earth/Moon conflict.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok, so it wasn't an emergency when the GOP held both houses, as obviously he wasn't nearly as concerned with it then, as now. Apparently then the GOP Tax Cuts was more of an emergency than the wall.
    And no I have read (or was even aware) of the book you mentioned, however after reading a brief synopsis, I might have to look into the book about an Earth/Moon conflict.

Not to disagree necessarily, but did we have well funded and promoted organized caravans back then? That appears to be a difference.

I could certainly be wrong, but back then it was just random Joses and Josephinas by the dozen working their way north on their own, then paying Coyotes to sneak them across using the shortest route possible. (Texas) Now its tens of thousands of them being bused north/west an extra thousand miles to cross closer to sanctuary cities.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lets unpack this, shall we?

A President that is almost as despised by his own party as the opposition is lied to repeatedly by the speaker of the house all the way out the door, and it is the Presidents fault?

Powerful interests and groups (including the UN) are financing or supporting ever increasing caravans of illegals, but it is not an emergency?

That is the history, now to current.

Did Trump lose? I think not. Did he get all he wanted? No. From my research he planned to do the shut down fight, but followed the adage, when your opponent is punching themselves in the nose, don't stop them. Democrats have had a disastrous start to the year from botched Presidential Campaign announcements to AOC's green deal, new reps open anti-semitism, the entire Virgina scandal and the failure to just get Trump after two years. What political consultant would advise stopping all that to shut down government for something you can achieve another way?

Nope, Winning...

MM

"I didn't need to do this"

That sure doesn't sound like a emergency to me. :dunno:

Asking questions already answered? To recap Paul Ryan lied and kept pushing things out, the illegals are being promoted and assisted by several entities.

MM

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We must do the wall one way or the other.

We must feel safe by any means necessary.

UDSJbgq.jpg

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    -William Pitt the Younger

Top Bottom