• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Haven't the Republicans now literally proved they will do anything to push their own agenda?

:dunno:

Not quite. It was RINO Paul Ryan that could have easily passed the wall legislation and he repeatedly lied to the President as he stonewalled. The President is using a law passed by Congress and appropriations passed by Congress to do what he promised and was elected to do.

MM

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not quite. It was RINO Paul Ryan that could have easily passed the wall legislation and he repeatedly lied to the President as he stonewalled. The President is using a law passed by Congress and appropriations passed by Congress to do what he promised and was elected to do.

MM
    So... you're saying they used a dubious, but available, route to achieve a campaign promise because congress balked, correct?

That's EXACTLY the behavior that bwframe is ascribing to Democrats.

What am I missing here? :dunno:

Isn't this thread about Democrats exploiting the same route to push gun control? So why not resist exploiting it, and instead plug that hole?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nancy Pelosi is taking shots at Trump saying that the border is not a national emergency... but gun violence is. She states that this declaration sets a precedent that a later Democrat President could now use to institute gun-control and other Liberal policies, bypassing the legislature.

I believe if this was possible Obama would have done it, what say you?

There are approximately 33,000 gun deaths annually in the US, about 2/3 of those are suicides. Of the other 1/3, less than 400 are by rifle.

On the other hand, there were 1.6 million deaths by abortion last year.

So not counting suicides, the number of gun deaths was less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the number of deaths by abortion. Yet Pelosi wants to increase the latter, while painting the former as a national emergency.

Of course we are not talking about logic, we are talking about corrupt power hungry politicians. But in my view, the worst national emergency we have in this country is the Democratic Party.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So... you're saying they used a dubious, but available, route to achieve a campaign promise because congress balked, correct?

Isn't this thread about Democrats exploiting the same route to push gun control? So why not resist exploiting it, and instead plug that hole?
    Because we are furiously braiding a whip that’s assumed couldn’t possibly ever be used on our backs?

Apparently no one remembers what FDR did with this sort of power.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We won't have to worry about what the dems will do, next election anyway. They won't be elected.

If we allow dems to get elected this next election, we are in for a lot more trouble than just this unconstitutional threat.

:patriot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Most of those things were already done by FDR, both during the New Deal and expansively during WWII.

IMO Trump is helping crank open the door to executive tyranny on pretense, which is a terrible thing for the future of the Republic.
    But he is doing what WE want him to do so it's ok.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Denny, just take his word, why would you need any proof? Proof is only required when it's dealing with Russia.

And Trump and construction companies.

If we use the "follow the money" rule, the winners here are Trump, and Trump loyalist. They get their wall, they win. Ergo, the money leads to them.

The caravans, and all the hype around it, creates a sense of urgency to build the wall. Trump needs this urgency to garner support. Trump needs the caravans. The caravans need money. So, if we follow the money, then it came from Trump.

Before the first spade hits the ground there are going to be lots of billable hours on both sides. It's the same way if this argument was about climate change. It all ends up in the supreme court which isn't a cheap venue.

I have no idea who pays the caravan bills, just the fact that big media isn't screaming it 24/7 tells me it's not connected to the President.

Where the wall shakes out in the end, we'll just have to see.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I truly hope they rescind the law being used for this, it truly was a surrender of Congressional power, but so is writing and passing outline laws and letting the administration bureaucracy fill them in.

MM

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I doubt SCOTUS would actually uphold this delegation of appropriating power, but who knows.

We already know what Congress has done, and likely will continue to do. At this point the solution does not lie with Congress. It lies with the people who elect the members of Congress.

I think they will. Hopefully they'll do it in a way in which they can *****-slap Democrats when they try to one up Trump in a couple of years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We won't have to worry about what the dems will do, next election anyway. They won't be elected.

If we allow dems to get elected this next election, we are in for a lot more trouble than just this unconstitutional threat.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not laughing because I think Trump's going to lose. He could win. Even with his abuse of emergency powers, he's better than Kamala Harris, or some other bat**** crazy dem. I'm laughing because you're doing the same thing the Dems did when Trump put his name in the hat. They underestimated the nuance of the electorate. You're kinda doing the same. You think the "we" collective is bigger than it really is. There's a lot of people who voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. A lot of people voted for Trump for much different reasons than why you did. A lot of people will drop Trump like a used Trojan if there is a sane alternative. The biggest thing Trump has going for him is a stable full of bat **** crazy Democrats and a brand spanking n00b congresswoman who promotes insane, retarded ideas. It's not the "we" you think you're part of that will do it in 2020. It's the "them" you should hope will still vote for Trump because the alternative is worse. Well, and you need to hope for a worse alternative. Trump is bird**** on the pavement if there's a sane candidate in the mix.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm not laughing because I think Trump's going to lose. He could win. Even with his abuse of emergency powers, he's better than Kamala Harris, or some other bat**** crazy dem. I'm laughing because you're doing the same thing the Dems did when Trump put his name in the hat. They underestimated the nuance of the electorate. You're kinda doing the same. You think the "we" collective is bigger than it really is. There's a lot of people who voted for Trump because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. A lot of people voted for Trump for much different reasons than why you did. A lot of people will drop Trump like a used Trojan if there is a sane alternative. The biggest thing Trump has going for him is a stable full of bat **** crazy Democrats and a brand spanking n00b congresswoman who promotes insane, retarded ideas. It's not the "we" you think you're part of that will do it in 2020. It's the "them" you should hope will still vote for Trump because the alternative is worse. Well, and you need to hope for a worse alternative. Trump is bird**** on the pavement if there's a sane candidate in the mix.

Trump defeated 16 other candidates if I recall correctly to get the Republican nomination. I don’t think enough will have changed within four years to relegate him to “bird**** on the pavement” no matter who comes up to challenge him. And this is coming from someone who is not in the tank for Trump. I’ll be happy to vote against him if the right conservative or libertarian comes along.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

We should always worry about what the dems will do.

It's the "we don't have to worry" attitude that cost them the election in 2016. You can bet they have learned their lesson. They underestimated how much we didn't want their criminal in the White House, and it cost them the election. They got the one man in, that they could all rally around with hatred. (The guy that will stand up to their crap.) This is why it's been non-stop ever since. This is why we're in so much trouble now. Having lost last time out, they've gone off the deep end. They are all piled up at the farthest reaches of the left you can get.

If President Trump is to have a second term, if the nation is to survive at all, I think conservatives very much need to worry about what the dems will do for the next election, and every election. It doesn't matter how insane their candidates are, we should know by now that they are pretty good at getting idiots, and fools to vote them into office... when they take things seriously. You can bet they will from now on.

It's easier to fool people, than to convince them they've been fooled. Once they believe, they're not gonna want to believe they've been so stupid as to fall for it.

The left has a powerful tool, in that it feels good to be the one standing up in a crowd of racist, bigot, homophobes, yelling "I am a virtuous person." That's basically their calling card, making people feel as though they are somehow better, more righteous, morally above others. That, or simply because they have been a victim, they deserve more for free.

Feelings... The left is a bunch of drug dealers who peddle endorphins, oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine directly into the brains of the weak minded.

I'm worried. I'm worried as hell.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

You better be worried.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom