• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Downtown, pizza shop / brewery. Two story building on the West side of the road.

The "north" location is their bottling/production brewery. Where we held this last year has now been over taken with bottles and brewing stuff. So we were one of the first and last groups to meet there. Big Woods offered the area to accommodate us. But they have since added on to the pizza company. Grand opening for the new room is next month.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    In plus one, perhaps two. Can anyone post the details of a typical steel match? I've never attended one and would appreciate it.

Let me see if I can post a video or two, but the Match Description & Rules helps cover what is allowed and how it goes.

EDIT: HERE is a stage similar to what we can run. This was me a few years ago at Friday Night Steel...

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Man, I just checked the date to put it in my calendar and saw I was already planning on going to the Peak auction in Indy that day. Well I'll stay in for now because it all depends on whether I have a house by then and need building materials. If I don't have a house, I can pass on the auction.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ya put the boolits in da gun and use shoots da medal stuff.
    You are no help, Ben! I already do that at home. :):

Let me see if I can post a video or two, but the Match Description & Rules helps cover what is allowed and how it goes.

EDIT: HERE is a stage similar to what we can run. This was me a few years ago at Friday Night Steel...

Thank you, That helps a lot. My shooting has always been based around training, Appleseeds, and fun w/friends. I didn't want to get myself into anything that I wasn't ready for. Looks like I need to get to work and put together a bunch of my pet .40 rounds for this. I have a .45 recipe that I've been playing with as well. Will we be able to shoot 1911 Single Stack and Open, or it's it one class only for this particular event?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you, That helps a lot. My shooting has always been based around training, Appleseeds, and fun w/friends. I didn't want to get myself into anything that I wasn't ready for. Looks like I need to get to work and put together a bunch of my pet .40 rounds for this. I have a .45 recipe that I've been playing with as well. Will we be able to shoot 1911 Single Stack and Open, or it's it one class only for this particular event?

gamers gonna game. :):

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Will we be able to shoot 1911 Single Stack and Open, or it's it one class only for this particular event?

The Match will have all the usual divisions.

Im kicking around a prize for top male / female who use their EDC (Protection / Limited)... Haven't decided, though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I say lets really throw people for a loop. Have an EDC and bug class. EDC from street gear. Of course the OC guys will win. I really don't want to know where people hide their bugs so start em off like the rimfires.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The Steel Valley match starts from low ready / Glock ready. Not from the holster...

We're not going to change the divisions, but anyone who wants to use their EDC can register as Production (10 in the mag) or Limited (full capacity of mag) and try to make it a level playing field... Those in Single Stack, well... Chip McCormick sells PowerMags... :dunno:

Top Bottom