• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    As I recall the "Click It or Ticket" checkpoints are funded by federal tax dollars via grants. It's mostly a way for local PD members to pad their paychecks with some overtime.

A: They are paid for by State Grants.

B: There are strict guidlines that must be followed if the department of individual officer expects to get paid.

C: The tickets that the officers write are STATE tickets. Which means that the state ends up making money off of it, the officer ends up making money off of it, and the local PD breaks even.

D: The end result of the campaigns is people buckling up meaning that the state and the local PD's save money investigating fatal accidents. The LEO in the long run loses overtime that they would make investigating those accidents.

E: The end result ends up with the LEO breaking even, the State and the Local PD making money, and the motoring public losing money but, possible saving their life.

Disclaimer: I do not agree with seat belt or helmet laws. I think that every American has the right to end up splattered all over the pavement.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    F. The sheep get used to unconstitutional checkpoints, and remain silent as their liberty is shredded in airports, bus stations, stadiums, shopping malls, highways, etc.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    F. The sheep get used to unconstitutional checkpoints, and remain silent as their liberty is shredded in airports, bus stations, stadiums, shopping malls, highways, etc.
    Yeah!
    You're right!!
    I never thought of it that way.
    What are we going to do???
    I know!
    Lets post a lot of worthless junk on the Internet.
    That'll solve the problems. :yesway:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

I dunno about the check point ones. My department doesn't like 'em. They usually just put out a sign up sheet. Guys sign up then they get assigned nights for "patrol" with the main objective of seat belt enforcement.

Top Bottom