• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I take it you are against Indiana taking similar measures.

Do you agree with the law or do you take this thread as a personal insult somehow?

I could care less what Indiana does with the seatbelt law. I haven't written a ticket for it since late '08 or early '09. The only restraint law I really give 2 ****s about is the Child Restraint law, and I think it is bull**** that there is no monetary fine for not having your kid properly buckled up.

I don't take this thread as a personal insult, I just get tired of seeing all the threads about cops/laws/etc, especially ones that try to get everyone riled up.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't take this thread as a personal insult, I just get tired of seeing all the threads about cops/laws/etc, especially ones that try to get everyone riled up.

I enjoy these threads because it gives us all a chance to talk about something aside from the same old blather on TV -- talking about Obama drama and endless nonsense about D's vs. R's.

Also it gives people a chance to examine where they really stand on the subject of big government vs. small government.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I just wish everyone would collectively realize that the seatbelts in 60's convertible cars do not have shoulder straps.

I am so tired of being pulled over when I am wearing a seatbelt.

Officers have always been nice after they realize I am wearing my seatbelt - it just gets frustrating to be stopped over and over and over for something like that.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I enjoy these threads because it gives us all a chance to talk about something aside from the same old blather on TV -- talking about Obama drama and endless nonsense about D's vs. R's.

Also it gives people a chance to examine where they really stand on the subject of big government vs. small government.

You enjoy these threads because it gives you the chance to talk about the supposed injustices committed by all the dirty cops out there. You know what would be something aside from the same old blather? You posting something positive for once. Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen you post anything other than gloom-and-doom, especially anything relating to LE.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I could care less what Indiana does with the seatbelt law. I haven't written a ticket for it since late '08 or early '09. The only restraint law I really give 2 ****s about is the Child Restraint law, and I think it is bull**** that there is no monetary fine for not having your kid properly buckled up.

Frank just pulls people over for not wearing a seatbelt as an excuse to let them know that he has a great deal going on a gently used XDM .45ACP. :D

Then he swims in his room full of money.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It's interesting to see where the trampling of our freedoms begins.

The Fraud of Seat-Belt Laws | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

That sudden flow of money began in 1984, when then-Secretary of Transportation Elizabeth Dole promised to rescind the rule that required automakers to install passive restraints by 1990 if states representing two-thirds of the U.S. population passed seat-belt laws by April 1, 1989.2 Passive restraints included air bags, which automakers bitterly opposed because, they claimed, the high expense to develop and install them would raise the price of autos way beyond what the average auto buyer would pay. Dole’s promise amounted to an invitation to the automakers to use their financial resources to lobby states for seat-belt laws, something the Department of Transportation (DOT) was forbidden to do by law, in exchange for the government’s not forcing them to install air bags. In effect, the DOT surreptitiously used the financial resources of the private sector to further the political agenda of the federal government through blackmail.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    You cannot honestly tell me you have worked "thousands of accidents" without 1 person being killed while wearing seatbelt? I spent 10 years in the fire service, and when a semi rolls over on top of a chevy aveo (for example), it doesn't friggin' matter what you are wearing! Sometimes it just doesn't matter.

Seatbelt laws are a perfect example of how the "establishment" continues the attempt to repress our cilvil liberties. This whole thing started with "for the safety of the children, they must sit in the back seat" laws, and has further escalated to being able to be stopped for not wearing a piece of nylon across your chest!

I'll get off the box now.
    Yes!!
    I can honestly say EXACTLY THAT!!!

(Insert comment about his posterior having a low IQ)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You enjoy these threads because it gives you the chance to talk about the supposed injustices committed by all the dirty cops out there. You know what would be something aside from the same old blather? You posting something positive for once. Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen you post anything other than gloom-and-doom, especially anything relating to LE.

I have an interest in flushing out dirty government employees on all levels. Who wouldn't? I would think LE would have the biggest interest in fixing bad LE. That never happened by remaining silent.

I take it when you say "supposed injustices," that you don't believe anything I write about is an injustice. You wouldn't be the only one Frank... but what a sad sign of the times. Americans are getting X-rayed, illegally searched, blood drawn on the streets, and jailed for all kinds of unconscionable things. Is this "Supposed Justice"? Should these things be swept under the rug and ignored?

There have been a few LE on these boards who have stated that they didn't routinely ask people on traffic stops for consent to searches, and I have given them my reps and praises. Those who join organizations like Oathkeepers and LEAP, and who oppose gun control (LTCH & background checks), and oppose checkpoints, and who set an example as a Peace Officer, get my thanks. If you are those things Frank, I sincerely thank you!

This article is even taken from a Pro-Police website that I am a follower of. Unfortunately they don't seem to be siding on the right side of this issue.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What is the issue, honestly? I guess everything is a Gumberment conspiracy. The police are actually giving the money made from tickets to terrorists!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I think the revenue generated is moot in many jurisdictions, because "seat belt patrol" shifts rarely cover the cost of the officer on duty. In the end, it kind of just balances out - but does keep more officers on the street so I guess that is a bonus for the fines paid. :dunno:

I still think it is kind of silly to fine someone for not wearing a seat belt... That is like writing a ticket to someone for buying fatty food instead of a healthier alternative - it is a risk people can decide for themselves without a law.

Last edited:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    mmkay. Nobody said that.

But rambone, you never post real incidents of government abuse, only crackpot, tinfoil conspiracies without a shred of evidence or links to articles or videos. Don't you listen at all to that good ole boy group of 'patriots' who like to chime into all your threads?

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Wasn't there something a few years ago about funding from MADD for "seatbelt checkpoints" ? I can't remember for sure. Seems like there was a stink about it . And the obvious ulterior motive of said checkpoints, and use of seatbelt laws to get a free looky loo at drivers.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    LOL.....I've owned a few cars without seatbelts....

if you wear them or not, same sh*t could happen either way. Therefore, I deem this thread worthless just like the rest....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    And the cool thing about being a cop is "officer discretion." I think it's a stupid, crappy law, and I don't enforce it.

Besides, the only reason that it's on the books is so that states are eligible for federal money from the NHTSA.

ding ding! right! and thank you for not enforcing this trampling of our freedoms of a law.

I always wear my seat belt now, but i dont do it for fear of a ticket. matter of fact when this law first was passed and I came home and drove, I didnt wear my seat belt on purpose in the city, just to protest. I remember all the stupid seat belt checkpoints too. what a crock of horse ****!

We need to get this law abolished. If you wanna die because you didnt wear a seatbelt then I fully support your right to be stupid. the constitution doesnt say that all rights are smart.

EDIT: and if you refuse to PROPERLY buckle up your kids then there is no form of govt thats gonna give you the level of justice I think you deserve.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wasn't there something a few years ago about funding from MADD for "seatbelt checkpoints" ? I can't remember for sure. Seems like there was a stink about it . And the obvious ulterior motive of said checkpoints, and use of seatbelt laws to get a free looky loo at drivers.
    As I recall the "Click It or Ticket" checkpoints are funded by federal tax dollars via grants. It's mostly a way for local PD members to pad their paychecks with some overtime.

Top Bottom