• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I like to pay for results. Show me a balanced budget and we'll know you earned it. Otherwise, step aside so someone that can actually handle the job can get it done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    The President doesn't take vacations. If you think his trips to Camp David (for example) are vacations, then I think you don't understand what the job entails. He is On Duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, no matter where he is or what he is doing.

Do you live in the US, he just took his plane and went to Florida for golf lesson, along with another plane to transport his limo. Plus all his staff. plus the cost of travel for his staff like hotels and food. His wife took another plane and her staff to Vial to go skiing, they got to pay all there expenses..Its just a few million, a few times a year, why should we care. He just got back from his vacation in Hawaii on January 6, that is what 40 days between vacations oooo the horror, lets see spring break is only about 45 days away...where will the king go next. Why does he have to fly all over the us to give speeches At $181,000.00 per flight hour...put them on TV.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You take that back! Whores are perfectly respectable and honest, hardworking people. Comparing them to politicians is just low and insulting.

I have to agree...they tell you exactly what you are getting for your money, Nasty Pelosi tells you we will see when we get there and then demands more money for nothing while her pimp beats you up.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I would agree in principle while disagreeing relative to Obama specifically. He seems to manage to the be least focused among presidents in my memory especially when on vacation--which he does far more frequently than any president in my memory. I can understand the need for a change of scenery, which Camp David is a prime source of better scenery. The problem is that he spends an incredible amount of time traveling, which is phenomenally expensive, during a time of national economic trouble. Further, while spending incredible sums of our money, he has the audacity to lecture us about our energy consumption.

The conclusion I reach from people like Pelosi and Obama is that the need to become disabused of the notion that they are feudal nobility rather than citizens of a republic. More important, they need to grasp that we are citizens of a republic and not serfs who exist to do as they are told.

How long did it take you to forget about how much time Bush spent at the Crawford Ranch?

The President has a demanding job. Whether you like him or not, he works 24/7. To top it all off, he has two kids. I can't believe I am saying this, but he and his family deserve a change in scenery.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The pay for politicians should be $300 a week. They should be doing their job for the betterment of the country not for the betterment of themselves and their status over the rest of us.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How long did it take you to forget about how much time Bush spent at the Crawford Ranch?

The President has a demanding job. Whether you like him or not, he works 24/7. To top it all off, he has two kids. I can't believe I am saying this, but he and his family deserve a change in scenery.

I can't remember the article I read, but I think it said that W took more vacation than any other President in history.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You guys know that when the Pres (no matter who it is) takes a vacation, he doesn't have all day off..
    That could be said for anyone that works (sans union workers).

I'm still surprised at people who actually believe that the president is under sooo much stress and sooo busy making decisions. It's not like he isn't being told what to do and when to do it and how he's going to do it...

PUPPET.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I can't remember the article I read, but I think it said that W took more vacation than any other President in history.

That is what I was thinking as well, but I didnt have a reference handy either. His defenders, which probably includes some of the people in this thread, were quick to point out that he did a lot of work while on the Crawford Ranch. Its a good thing they are smart enough to realize that Obama is an American-hating, communist Muslim that doesnt believe in doing ANY work, unless it destroys America while simultaneously taking our guns

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Are you talking about Valerie Jarret? Or the poseur in the WH?

No fan of Bush either. But O is taking us "forward" down the road to that cliff...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That is what I was thinking as well, but I didnt have a reference handy either. His defenders, which probably includes some of the people in this thread, were quick to point out that he did a lot of work while on the Crawford Ranch.

That was my point above. That the President is never really "on vacation". He's just doing his work from a different address for a couple of weeks. Hell, I'm just a lowly IT guy and I still have to carry a cell phone and a laptop when I'm on vacation. I still end up having to do about an hour's worth per day. Sometimes from the middle of a state forest using cellphone tethering.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    You compare the nation to a parched piece of land and the tax to a life-giving rain. So be it. But you should also ask yourself where this rain comes from, and whether it is not precisely the tax that draws the moisture from the soil and dries it up. You should also ask yourself further whether the soil receives more of this precious water from the rain than it loses by the evaporation?

-Bastiat, 1848

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.

Legalized plunder!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That is what I was thinking as well, but I didnt have a reference handy either. His defenders, which probably includes some of the people in this thread, were quick to point out that he did a lot of work while on the Crawford Ranch. Its a good thing they are smart enough to realize that Obama is an American-hating, communist Muslim that doesnt believe in doing ANY work, unless it destroys America while simultaneously taking our guns

I'm shocked that any two-faced quislings dare still defend this gun-banning POS on a supposed gun board. Are you seriously saying that he ISN'T trying to take our guns? HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LISTENING?

sandwich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Nancy Pelosi begs us not to ruin her dignity by cutting her paycheck
    7 hrs ago

Nancy Pelosi says cutting Congress' pay undermines dignity of job

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is speaking out against a cut in congressional pay because she says it will undermine the dignity of their positions. "I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi said. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded." ("Dignity" is apparently a synonym for "fat paycheck.") Pelosi, whose husband, Paul, is a legit real-estate mogul, was quick to add that slicing her own paycheck wouldn’t "mean as much" as those senators who struggle to make ends meet on $174,000 per year. "We are obviously contemplating a sequester," Maryland Rep. Steny Hoyer (D) said. "Obviously we are going to take a cut, like everybody else."

Unreal.

I love what Steny Hoyer says... obviously they'll take a cut.... yeah they've already taken their cut of our paychecks when Obama and his cronies hiked our taxes, oh yeah not just on the 1%, but on THE MIDDLE CLASS!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom