• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nthechest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Maybe this has been discussed before maybe not....

Does anyone here have a name for any of there guns? Some people name their cars and such anyone name their gun and wanna share what kind of gun and what you named it?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Only one of my guns has a name, my 450 Alaskan. His name is Boomer and those who heard me shooting it at the last NWI shoot will attest to the appropriateness of that name. His voice is a very deep rolling report that echos back from hills and buildings. It is one of those BOOMS that lasts for several seconds before fading away.

4502.jpg

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I can barely remember the names of all the people in my family. So coming up with names for all my guns isn't going to happen!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I once had a Llama .45 called her "blondie" on the slide it said Gablondo cia something, so blondie was her name, my first gun was a .44 Blackhawk, I called it my HHAU...hand held artillery unit, used to hit rocks at 400+ yards

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Only one of my guns has a name, my 450 Alaskan. His name is Boomer and those who heard me shooting it at the last NWI shoot will attest to the appropriateness of that name. His voice is a very deep rolling report that echos back from hills and buildings. It is one of those BOOMS that lasts for several seconds before fading away.

4502.jpg
    Fine looking lever rifle!

Terry

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My kids have (appropriately) named all of my guns 'daddy's oweee'! They know that they cause 'owee's' and should be left alone. My daughter's 5 and she named them first, starting with my G-33, and now the boy's do the same thing. My 'tomboy' daughter will take anything in pink!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Originally Posted by 2cool9031
    I figured naming my guns would be too personal and then I would feel bad when I sold or traded them.

What is this phenomenon(s) of which you speak? :dunno::D

That statement confused me as well. I've got some that I'll probably only shoot rarely and some that I know I could make a pretty decent profit if I sold but I won't do it. I'm also always the first person in line when my brother decides to sell one that he has picked up. It is partly because I want to own one of just about everything I can and partly because he knows if he sells them to me he can still enjoy them.

Top Bottom