My wife asked me why I couldn't collect stamps instead of guns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I tried actual stamp collecting, and honestly it got boring really fast. Super cheap hobby though because nobody does it anymore. I think I have a few thousand stamps and invested a total of $40 in it all.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I tried actual stamp collecting, and honestly it got boring really fast. Super cheap hobby though because nobody does it anymore. I think I have a few thousand stamps and invested a total of $40 in it all.

Depends on the stamps. My dad collects and it can be quite pricey, depending on what you are into.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm so thankful that one of the first requests my wife made after we were married was for me to help her select a first gun so she could join me in my hobby! She bought me a Savage 94 bolt-action in .22 mag for my birthday that year...and Mep NS's for my G-33 along with a Fobus ankle holster for it that same Christmas!

Me have good woman!

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    My wife bought me a matched set of NEF limited edition rifles. One in 30-06 & the other in .223 for a wedding gift. A few years later she confiscated my new titanium 38 snub nose as soon as I got it home. Then told me if I really wanted one I should go back and buy another as I wasn't getting that one back. Of course I did. She has since talked me into several guns over the years that I was on the fence about buying. She loves range time and is a great shot as well. She also carries daily. You have to love a woman that has your back.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Stamps are worth what people are willing to pay. No different then collecting beanie babies. Coins, especially silver, will likely have some value. Guns are tools and will always have value.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Depends on the stamps. My dad collects and it can be quite pricey, depending on what you are into.
    Yes indeed, they can get pricey. I have a U.S. collection and a German collection, and some of the older stamps are like 2-3 hundred each. But as said by Bog, it does get boring.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah, I don't see a stamp stopping a bag guy with a knife, bat or gun when he kicks in your front door.

You gonna lick it and stick it in his eye?

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Can't tell if people understood the OP or if I'm not catching their sarcasm.

Someday I will be a stamp collector.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Voting suppressor if I get a vote. I can't imagine a better first stamp. Slightly shorter rifles and odd-looking AOWs are pretty neat, I guess, but nothing beats suppressed subsonics. :D

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Voting suppressor if I get a vote. I can't imagine a better first stamp. Slightly shorter rifles and odd-looking AOWs are pretty neat, I guess, but nothing beats suppressed subsonics. :D

that is my intention. I'm going to get one that will work with 300 blk and 5.56, and use the can for hunting deer next year with my 300 blk pistol build that's in progress. :)

Top Bottom