• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, the family and I just got home from 2 days in Chi town. I always like going up there. We visited the Field Museum this trip and IKEA up in Schaumburg. We head up there every few years and visit something different (but always swing by IKEA to buy something). Packing my Smith .38 the entire time, no one ever noticed. I carry appendix so it is easy to conceal and the 642 is my "out of town discrete" carry . I packed in NYC/Statue of Liberty earlier this summer and now Chicago. That's it for the traveling this year, we'll see where we end up next year.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well if you're LEO it's fine. But I thought the windy city was strictly no handguns, and IL doesn't recognize carry licenses. If you do get noticed may have a little explaining to do.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i found this thread to be deceiving... first i thought the OP would be carrying illegally and was ready to tell him how crazy he was for putting that on a public forum, then i remembered that they are LEO's and have privilages that i do not.... if only i had a badge, then my second amendment would apply in places like Chicago where i need them most.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oh, I did leave that part out...sorry. That was the only way I was able to get through the metal detector, explosives sniffer, and x-ray at the Statue of Liberty ;) this summer.

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    So I gotta ask,,,,,,, what is IKEA. I pass by the big IKEA building every time I go through the city "that crapped out the big TURD" on my way to Wisconsin. I didn't realize that it was some type of attraction.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IKEA is a Swedish furniture manufacturer. They churn out "assemble it yourself" low-to-middle quality stuff. They seem to be somewhat famous for including too many of one part and not enough of another.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    IKEA is a Swedish furniture manufacturer. They churn out "assemble it yourself" low-to-middle quality stuff. They seem to be somewhat famous for including too many of one part and not enough of another.

Scutter...your vast knowledge of all and everything astounds me every time I read one of your posts.:D

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well I got Chicago, DC, and all the states between Outer Banks NC and here this year. Nobody said a word and I even OC'ed for some of the time.

:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    In all seriousness, it is a very strange feeling knowing that I'm in the FAR minority of people with guns while I'm there. In Indiana...lots of people around me are carrying. In NYC or Chicago I have to make sure that I carry and do not print lest I have to deal with a jumpy public. They are much more jumpy about these things than even our "soccer moms" here in Indiana. I don't need the hastle.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did you walk down LaSalle Street and wave at Mayor Daley?:D

No boat tour? I recommend it if you go back, very interesting, although you may want to wait for Spring.:D

If you need any Chicago touristy ideas just let me know.

I'm off to Chicago this weekend for my birthday.:)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Did you walk down LaSalle Street and wave at Mayor Daley?:D

No boat tour? I recommend it if you go back, very interesting, although you may want to wait for Spring.:D

If you need any Chicago touristy ideas just let me know.

I'm off to Chicago this weekend for my birthday.:)
    We did a boat tour back in 2005 on our last visit. We love arcitecture and many of the buildings fascinate us. That year we went to the Navy Pier and visited the Sears Tower. At some point in the future I'd love to re-visit the Sears Tower and this time look out from the new clear box that hangs over the side of the building so you look down at the street from your feet...I need a picture of that. Would like to eat in Little Italy next time to.

Top Bottom