• ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Hello all,

I have one thing to say, if it isn't yours then leave it alone. Is that so hard to understand? :dunno: I went to a central indiana shooting range today and was doing pretty good on the targets. I wasn't paying much attention to where my brass was going, I was shooting an AR. I knew that it would be to my right and slightly behind me. No big deal I will pick it up when in a while, I only intended to be there an hour. I get up from shooting and I expect to pick up my brass and some clown who was shooting an ar beside me thought that all that brass was his, :xmad: even the stuff on the left side of his bench. Now how does an AR throw brass over the top to the left of the gun? Apparently this guy thinks his gun does that. By the time I notcied what this clown was doing it was to late to get my brass back from him. He picked all of it up. He did not ask if I wanted my brass. I reload and the brass came from a certain lot that had been fired a number of times. I know that this should not bother me as bad as it is, but the brass was not his and he thought that he was entitled to it. If it is not your brass then do not pick it up! If you do want to pick it up to reaload it make sure that you ask the person that it came from if you can have the brass. Do not assume that they do not want it. Please watch your manners at a shooting range and do not become a clown. That is all. Thank you.

Confused89

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've never been shy about letting folks know I wanted my brass. It doesn't become free for the taking the instant it leaves my chamber. Once I drive off, have a ball.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Yep.... you should have spoken up. it did become his in a sense the minute you realized he had your brass and didnt ask for it back.

Yep, this above.

To the OP
    Public range, several shooters throwing brass, only one guy picking it up, no one says a word, ya got nothing to be mad about after the fact.

What's he suppose to do wait until every one on the range quits and goes home to see what they left him? May be pick up all the brass he sees and then go down the line asking every one if they want any?

He could of ask, you could have said something, you could have use a catcher, no one did any of that. Time to move on.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    You should have asked for your brass. Alot of peaple do not reload and he probably assumed you were one of them, that was his mistake. Your mistake was not asking for it back. If yuo do not say anything he will continue with this habit. I collect alot of brass at the range from peaple that do not reload, but I always ask first.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    You should have asked for your brass. Alot of peaple do not reload and he probably assumed you were one of them, that was his mistake. Your mistake was not asking for it back. If yuo do not say anything he will continue with this habit. I collect alot of brass at the range from peaple that do not reload, but I always ask first.
    Still it is rude to pick up brass that is obviously coming from someone else's gun. I had a guy picking up my brass while I was shooting and I looked him back pretty good! He apologized and handed my brass to me.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Still it is rude to pick up brass that is obviously coming from someone else's gun. I had a guy picking up my brass while I was shooting and I looked him back pretty good! He apologized and handed my brass to me.

Hell yes its rude, and you made sure the guy knew it and you got your brass back. If someone picks up my brass I let them know that I want it. I never said it wasn't wrong. I'm just saying if someone dosn't call them on it they will continue doing it. Once they get into the habit of doing it and no one stops them they will continue to pick it up.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    You have good reason to Rant

I myself will usually setup something for my brass to hit,

Another thing to do is warn the guy that the brass has issues and then watch him separate the brass

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I do believe that it is time to invest in a brass catcher. I do admit that I should have said something and me not saying something is part of the problem.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    maybe the guy was trying to be nice??? the range i go to we have to clean up after every round. the lights go on you go check your paper and you pick up after yourself...

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    i have done it before to someone but i wasnt keeping the brass i was just cleaning it up didnt realize the guy was keeping his brass

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Yep, this above.

To the OP
    Public range, several shooters throwing brass, only one guy picking it up, no one says a word, ya got nothing to be mad about after the fact.

What's he suppose to do wait until every one on the range quits and goes home to see what they left him? May be pick up all the brass he sees and then go down the line asking every one if they want any?

He could of ask, you could have said something, you could have use a catcher, no one did any of that. Time to move on.

He was picking up brass from an active shooters bench that could not have possibly come from his gun...the guys was stealing the OP's brass pure and simple...I would have demanded my brass back.

If you tolerate a thief you end up paying for it in the long run. Here in Logansport they are going to stop the curbside recycling because it isn't cost effective. It isn't cost effective because the most valuable item is being removed by midnight scroungers...yep they come well after dark and take the aluminum to sell. Now my garbage rates will be increased because of these thieves.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    He was picking up brass from an active shooters bench that could not have possibly come from his gun...the guys was stealing the OP's brass pure and simple...I would have demanded my brass back.

If you tolerate a thief you end up paying for it in the long run. Here in Logansport they are going to stop the curbside recycling because it isn't cost effective. It isn't cost effective because the most valuable item is being removed by midnight scroungers...yep they come well after dark and take the aluminum to sell. Now my garbage rates will be increased because of these thieves.

LOL, they are "stealing" your garbage?

...any way, you don't have to "demand" any thing. All a guy has to do if some one is picking up his brass is quit hiding those big old balls and squeak out a "uh those are mine and I reload, if you don't mind kind sir, please don't take them from me..." I doubt any one who can't scrounge up the nads for that much and saves all his fury for hours later on the internet will be "demanding" any thing. Ever.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My brass argument yesterday was completely different.

"It's yours"
    "No, it's yours"
    "You're gonna need it"
    "That's OK, you take it"
    "I can't find mine"
    "I'll help you"
    "Found some!"
    "It's yours"
    "No it's yours"
    "You're gonna need it"
    "You take it"

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

:):

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I would have said look man I fired x amount of rounds Im picking up x amount of cases and if you dont like it we can lock our guns up and talk about it in the parking lot.(after i get my brass)Also if you knew your headstamps it would help

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Indygunworks, once again, you are WRONG , the man was concentrating on his shooting, not his brass, it is his until he says it is not. It is the same if he comes into your shop and takes your tools just because you are not using them.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Last edited:
    Top Bottom