• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree as well. Let it go or is there a deeper issue involved here.
    When we go to MCFG we always shoot on the north end with the rifle shooters. It is he longest part of the range and we start at 25 yards with the handguns. We try and be safe with flinging brass but it is not always possible. The rifle folks do not throw a lot of brass so it is sometimes annoying to them but we acknowledge them and try our best to accommodate everyone. For the most part we all get along and work together for a pleasant range experience.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Two of these threads types in a week? Man, this is fun.

Look, you go to an public outdoor range and spent casings will ALWAYS be a problem. You think the concussion from the blast was bad there too? Try an indoor range.

Also, as a new member, why would you come on here and start insulting people in your first handful of posts? You say you will type slower so that others will understand? Perhaps you should type slower so you can remember punctuation, spelling and sentence structure too?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just love the great camaraderie of these gun forums. Folks are so helpful, and willing to offer advice. It really makes me want to join the next meet and greet just I so I can meet everyone and share a cup of coffee with such a fine bunch of folks.

Now, where did I see that thingy to use purple.

Anyone wonder why I use an outdoor range and show up at 0900 (generally Monday-Fridays) before anyone else is there?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just love the great camaraderie of these gun forums. Folks are so helpful, and willing to offer advice. It really makes me want to join the next meet and greet just I so I can meet everyone and share a cup of coffee with such a fine bunch of folks.

Anyone wonder why I use an outdoor range and show up at 0900 (generally Monday-Fridays) before anyone else is there?

Great if you can do it. Most of us are working in that time frame. I would love to be on the range right now but have much to do so I better get off here before I get into trouble....again....some more.......;)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great if you can do it. Most of us are working in that time frame. I would love to be on the range right now but have much to do so I better get off here before I get into trouble....again....some more.......;)

The privileges of working for myself are many. Of course, on days I hit the range early, I start work at 0500 and finish up after the range visit. I still put in my standard 12 hours on the job.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Enjoy your morning worship. ;)

Thanks. It's going to be a busy morning. One more cup of 110 octane coffee then I'm off to the range. After that, I have 3 boxes of aquatic plants to deliver, mow my lawn, and prepare for an afternoom of armchair quarterbacking.

I suppose I'll have to post about my range visit. I'm sure there are a few sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for another chance to comment. :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well with the antagonistic approach that you seem to favor I'm sure someone will accommodate you. :dunno:

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    OK, I just got back from the range and am posting my experience as promised. For those that feel I am being antagonistic, you are invited to ignore my posts so you don't become as antagonistic as me.

Well today's outing proved to be nothing short of perfection at the ECPR. The staff made everyone feel relaxed and welcome while maintaining the level of professionalism required to keep everyone safety conscious. My wife was enjoying herself and it showed in the tight groupings of her targets. She even chuckled when I was loading for her and she drop a hot brass down my shirt.

Anyway, my rant is over and I consider yesterday just a bad-hair-day for all involved. BTW, the Lone Wolf 9 mm barrel I put in my Glock 35 this morning in an out-of-the-box tack driver.

:)

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012

Pretty much sums it up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Down here on the south side Walmart and Meijer both sell ammo but for the best deals going especially on bulk buys Bradis is king.

I have looked in Wally at ammo all over the state and Bradis II still beats them out especially lately. I see no real deals in wally on .45 ACP and .223

Ghetto Wally does not even stay open 24 hrs. let alone sell ammo.

Dons is just a rip off but they have a loyal clientele. Nuff said.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I have looked in Wally at ammo all over the state and Bradis II still beats them out especially lately. I see no real deals in wally on .45 ACP and .223

Ghetto Wally does not even stay open 24 hrs. let alone sell ammo.

Dons is just a rip off but they have a loyal clientele. Nuff said.

Even with loyal clientele I cannot understand how anyone would be willing to pay 50% higher prices or even more. Calling them a rip-off is almost too kind.

Do you reload 223? If you do and you need some brass, let me know. I think I still have a few hundred rounds........ maybe more.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Even with loyal clientele I cannot understand how anyone would be willing to pay 50% higher prices or even more. Calling them a rip-off is almost too kind.

Do you reload 223? If you do and you need some brass, let me know. I think I still have a few hundred rounds........ maybe more.

50% is too kind. Considering there's a story floating around here of a Bersa Thunder being bought brand new with a box of ammo and an hour of range time for $700+ when it should have been about $400. That's a mark up of almost 100%.

ETA:: Finally found it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/women_and_firearms/187918-coworker_got_ripped_off.html

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We were going to start reloading this year but time, space and a list of other excuses have prevented me from acquiring the needed equipment.
    Thanks and I do appreciate the offer.

I know 2 of the counter people at Dons. Not bad fellas but would not go shooting with either of them. The firearms knowledge of both put together is less than my daughters.

Dons advertising does him a lot of good and draws in the un-educated first time gun buyers and a butt load of thugs and thug wanna-be's.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I was going to remain silent, but there are issues here which I cannot/will not ignore in good conscience. Don't like it? Call the tooth fairy or something.

I REFUSE to go to a place that has a so called RSO with far less experience than I do,
    I'll only pick ONE thing to say here. THIS ^^^ is the type of guy that 99% of the time needs corrected on a public range. Typically, the more you boast, the less of it is truth.:twocents:

who feels the need to finger the firearms of shooters because he doesnt have his own at home and that also allows just any D-bag to come there and shoot.
    This sounds like you went to the WRONG range....or just make ignorant assumptions based on a bad experience. That happens a lot when feelings get hurt and pride gets damaged from RSOs doing what's expected of them. :twocents:

BTW, for all you folks that think my wife is "skittish"......... she has probably shot more deer, prairie dogs, and targets than most of you have ever seen. I've seen her shoot a 1/4-inch group at 100 yds with a varmit rifle...... how many of you can make that claim?
    For a man whose been on this forum for all of....9 days at the most, this is a MIGHTY BIG assumption. Regardless, what precedence do you feel such arrogant boasting (assuming it's truth) earns you when you can't even seem to have an intelligent conversation without replying with derogatory remarks to half those replying such as here:

So, just how many bowls of "Stupid" do you eat in the morning? I'm not trolling for any such thing. LOL The next time I post something I'll try to type slower so you can understand.
    If you wish to be heard out as an adult in a public form such as here, I suggest you discuss in a civil manner like one. :twocents:
    I don't know exactly what "pretty experienced" means and don't really care. I had my first gun when I was 10 yrs old..........45 years ago. Before that I used to go to the pistol range with my father to watch him shoot. BTW, did I mention he was on the US Navy Pistol Team? I grew up with guns as part of my up-bringing. I finished high school in a small town in South Dakota where shooting a gopher at 100 yds with a 22 was no big deal. My first antelope was taken at a range exceeding 600 yds. My first deer taken with my 44 mag Ruger was almost 100 yds. I've taken prairie dogs at 400+ yards with my 22-250 and have hit pop bottles at over 600 yds. About the only ones that think I don't have experience are the ones that look at my post count on this forum.
    More undocumented, unecessary resume quoting. :rolleyes: Look, we're all :mallninja: here so you're preaching to the choir.:D Again, your only credibility here is in the demeanor you present in your post which so far is.....lacking... to say the least.

In a nutshell, I only asked to be moved to a different station which would have made the whole situation non-existant in a heartbeat. If other stations were not available then that's a different story. But in this case there were others available.
    As demonstrated throughout this thread, there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. I would suggest conversating with RSOs more to explain your concerns, circumstance, etc. rather than ask a blanket question and hoping to get what you want. Most people learn how inefective that is prior to learning the "truth" about Santa Clause. :):

I'm glad that you were able to go back and have a good time. Most issues such as these are typically due to a lack of or improper communication and easily justified/rectified through civil conversation. This appears to have been such a case. Point to be taken away; make sure you are CLEARLY communicating your wishes AND the reasoning behind them to those who are providing you a service if you wish for them to provide it ADEQUATELY. THEN, if they do not and it is not otherwise rectified...berate their level/quality of service publically and accordingly, but not prior. "Benefit of a doubt" if you will.

As a customer who utilized Don's Guns shooting range for over a year due to scheduling conflicts, shot at nearly every public venue in the area and grew up using local conservation clubs I think you'll find that ECPR is one of the best around for public venues. If you honestly think that they are "cramped for space" you should really pay a visit to Don's or Pop's ranges. :): Seeing as how ECPR is ONE of ONLY two ranges in the area that even OFFER RSOs, my personal opinion is that you have selected the better of the two. If you disagree at this point, I would suggest you use the search function on this forum and look for reviews on the two places.

I've said my peace here. Good luck and good night all

Top Bottom