• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Mine does carry. He actually carries the same gun I do (Glock 23). Weve been shooting together as well. He also rides a Harley, and is someone I can talk to about anything (religion to cars to guns to entertainment).

Does he carry at church? IDK. Concealed is Concealed!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Mine does carry. He actually carries the same gun I do (Glock 23). Weve been shooting together as well. He also rides a Harley, and is someone I can talk to about anything (religion to cars to guns to entertainment).

Does he carry at church? IDK. Concealed is Concealed!

I both CC and OC, depending on the situation. Church is most definitely a CC situation. Just my feelings on it.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I very highly doubt that this would ever happen, i.e. the day when a Catholic priest, my pastor, is packing. Not going to happen. But I as both a 1st and 2nd Amendment advocate would support him if he chose to do so. Since I know that he won't, i will be there to defend him when I am there. Church is one of the few places I conceal. But if he needs me, I will do my best to protect him, as I would my own family.

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    Love it all. There are a great many well thought out answers. The general conclusion is that it would not bother us. That does not suprise me. Most of the people here represent the shepherds among us. A shepherd being those who stand between the flock and danger when the occasion demands. I also have to agree that we could talk Scripture all day and night without getting religious. But, being who we are, we also want to respect the moderators and the rules... Wife is calling and so are the chores. I'll check back later.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just because we're talking about "preachers" and there are biblical references, doesn't make it a "religious" thread. That would bring "faith" into it, which it hasn't been. I'm an unbeliever myself (shepherd though I may be), but fascinated at the total subversiveness of the "turn the other cheek" reference, and the way it itself has been subverted. History. Philosophy. This stuff rawks, and religion has made its contributions. Relax.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I have no problem with any pastor or clergy carrying. I'm currently in the process of teaching my younger brother who is a licensed minister the steps of CCing. His problem is that 90% of the time he is working with troubled teens.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My father is a preacher in Eastern Kentucky and carries everywhere he is able to. His usual carry is a Kahr PM 9 with CT laser Guard or a Glock 27. Several in his congregation know and have taken the CCW class since then. I also CCW in my church up here in Indiana. I informed my pastor about it in a private meeting and he got me together with a few other men that also carry. We don't have a "security team" by any means. But the pastor said he felt better knowing that some of us carried. It is a church of 400 and by far the largest in the area. Also our average sunday tithe is pretty big, so someone is usually hanging around outside of the room it is being counted in.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    We went to church here awhile back, and the preacher was talking about guns and he mentioned that one of the brothers here was packing.....I thought great!!! (he's the song leader, and the preacher's son-in-law

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    pilgrims_walking_to_church.jpg

Fine by me. We can use all the shepherds we can get. Obviously the pilgrims didn't mind. Just hope they would have the sense not to shoot into the congregation and let us take over with a clearer backstop should the need arise.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    A few weeks ago I took my friend, who happens to be the associate pastor and son of the pastor of our church, out to shoot my pistol at the farm. He had no issues with it, or me having it. He found it to be fun to shoot.

But he wouldn't ever carry, since he lives in Illinois.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't be surprised if my pastor carries sometimes.
    But he may be against having to have the permission of the state to do it, so he may not have a Carry Permit.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    With all of the churches getting robbed and burnt we would all be better off if all of the clergy open carried in my opinion.I am in southern IN and both in my area has been going on for several years from churches around Hope getting burnt to Milhousen getting robbed for gold goblets and religious artifacts.People today have no shame.

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    With all of the churches getting robbed and burnt we would all be better off if all of the clergy open carried in my opinion.I am in southern IN and both in my area has been going on for several years from churches around Hope getting burnt to Milhousen getting robbed for gold goblets and religious artifacts.People today have no shame.

Let me just say, Amen. It seems that too many in our society are all too willing to hand the responsibility for their protection and well being to some, "official power." I have loved the saying, "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away," since I first saw it online.

Top Bottom