• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    I've done a search of the site and have not seen anything on this, so I'm going to ask the question. How would you feel if you discovered that your Pastor is licensened to carry a firearm in Indiana and does?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...How would you feel if you discovered that your Pastor is licensened to carry a firearm in Indiana and does?

Better. :)

You'll find that churches are fine for carry except for those that qualify as "school property" by Indiana Code. Those would require authorization from the church/school to legally carry.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'd be fine with that. If I'm a little short on cash on Sunday morning, I could just drop a box of ammo in the collection plate.:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Good question, can't wait to read what folks say.

I am a pastor, have an LTCH and carry all the time- church services included. Most of my folks know I carry and am pro-2A. I know of noone in my congregation that isn't pro-2A. I know of at least 5 that carry while in church. So far as I know, everyone is cool with it, but I can only guess what folks think. Titanium Frost and Mrs. Frost both attend; I'm pretty sure they can dig it. :D

The area I live in is pro-2A as well. We all have "backyard ranges" and shooting generally starts around here at 8:00am and ends around 5:00pm. That might have something to do with perception.

Let me ask this question to you, OP: How do you feel about it?

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Good question, can't wait to read what folks say.

I am a pastor, have an LTCH and carry all the time- church services included. Most of my folks know I carry and am pro-2A. I know of noone in my congregation that isn't pro-2A. I know of at least 5 that carry while in church. So far as I know, everyone is cool with it, but I can only guess what folks think. Titanium Frost and Mrs. Frost both attend; I'm pretty sure they can dig it. :D

The area I live in is pro-2A as well. We all have "backyard ranges" and shooting generally starts around here at 8:00am and ends around 5:00pm. That might have something to do with perception.

Let me ask this question to you, OP: How do you feel about it?

With TF in the congregation, I would carry too.

I am all for pastors carrying. I feel as a leader they are obligated to protect the congregation as needed.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I've done a search of the site and have not seen anything on this, so I'm going to ask the question. How would you feel if you discovered that your Pastor is licensened to carry a firearm in Indiana and does?

How do you feel about ANYONE carrying a handgun at ANY location? What does it matter if the person has a profession, be it preacher, lawyer, nurse, ambulance driver, homeowner, federal worker, gun store clerk or factory worker?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think it's great. While he wasn't my pastor I had a good friend that I trained in jujitsu with and was also a good customer at the gun store I worked at and he carried all the time. He gave me a key to his church and that is where I held the lecture portion of my MI CPL courses at.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Just changed congregations last year and when I told the minister that I carry 24/7 he just said that If I ever feel the need to use it during services he suggested that I crouch low........as they are several others (the minister, elders, and at least 2 others) that carry daily!

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Would go against the who turn the other cheek notion to me.

The Scripture you allude to was referring to an insult. As I understand it, smacking someone on the side of the face was considered an insult. Later, Jesus told His disciples to sell their cloaks and purchase a sword.

Top Bottom