• 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    G17 and Beretta Px4 SC in 9mm.
    Sig 2022 in .40 .
    An assortment of .380's in various flavors.

It best be considered that if involved in a self defence shooting, your primary and I would guess your BUG. are going away to collect dust in an evidence room for an indeterminate period of time.

Plan accordingly.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I will be buying my second handgun within the next few days.
    I currently have a Springfield XD. 40 which I use as my carry and home defense weapon.

I will be buying another handgun so I can have one dedicated to be my edc, and the other to be my dedicated home defense weapon.
    I wanted my next purchase to be in the same caliber to make things more simple when buying ammo, and also the same feeling when firing both guns.
    I recently started considering 9mm because of the increased capacity.

I am interested to hear what you have to say should I. Stick with. 40 or should I invest in a 9mm.
    Thanks!

JMHO, it is "better" to have both guns, same "platform", ie Glock,
    springfield, S&W, etc.... my vote is 9mm.....

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Go with the 9mm. You really don't gain much with the .40, and you lose capacity and controllability. Also the 9mm is cheaper to shoot.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I will be buying my second handgun within the next few days.
    I currently have a Springfield XD. 40 which I use as my carry and home defense weapon.

I will be buying another handgun so I can have one dedicated to be my edc, and the other to be my dedicated home defense weapon.
    I wanted my next purchase to be in the same caliber to make things more simple when buying ammo, and also the same feeling when firing both guns.
    I recently started considering 9mm because of the increased capacity.

I am interested to hear what you have to say should I. Stick with. 40 or should I invest in a 9mm.
    Thanks!

I really recommend the G20/G21 as a 2nd gun, if ammo availability is a key consideration. With one of those pistol and the slide of the other you can shoot many different calibers with just barrel swaps:
    .40SW
    .357Sig
    10mm
    .45ACP
    ,400 Corbon
    .40 Super
    .460 Rowland
    9x25 Dillon
    9x19

If ever in a situation where you need to be able to shoot whatever is available, this might be the most flexible combo around. Like a screwdriver with tons of different bits.

Top Bottom