• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Here is my newest Kimber, it's a pre-series II (or sometimes know as a series I) Pro-Carry. I now have a Ultra (3" barrel), a Pro (4" barrel), and a Custom (a 5" barrel). I haven't been able to get out and shoot it yet, I just got it yesterday. The is no wear any where on this gun that I can find, it appears to have been bought and placed in a safe. Once I get out and shoot it I will post a range report. Here it is and some pics of all 3.

NewestKimber001.jpg

NewestKimber002.jpg

NewestKimber004.jpg

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Very nice, man. That's quite an investment you have there. I'm impressed. Always wanted to get a Kimber, but whenever I put the money together, I find another Glock I can't live without. :) Anyway, congrats on the new purchase.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Very nice group!

I have a Kimber Pro Elite from the phase I custom shop days (1999 manufacture). I'm happy with it.

Enjoy your fine harem!

troy96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    They are nice guns. The only problem I see is what you said in your post. They are safe queens. Shoot the heck out of that thing.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    They are nice guns. The only problem I see is what you said in your post. They are safe queens. Shoot the heck out of that thing.

No they aren't safe queens, the Tactical Ultra II is my main off duty CC and the TLE II I'm still breaking in (can't afford the .45 ammo right now :D). I have put several hundred rounds through the TLE II so far and zero issues (just like the thousands of rounds I've put through the Tactical Ultra II, it was the first Kimber I bought). What I said was the Pro Carry, that I just got yesterday, looked to have been a safe queen as I could not find any true wear on it. LOL, trust me I love shooting my Kimbers :D.

As far as the pre-series II vs the series II, as I have not shot it yet, the only thing I can say is that as far as fit, finish, craftsmanship it appears to be the same between all of my Kimbers. No real difference that my uneducated eye can tell. And I'm not sure that it will out shoot my other two. The last time the I had the TLE II out (last week) I put 100 rds through a single 2" hole (except for 2 fliers that were approximately 3" off center) at 7 yrds (I know it was not a great distance, but I'm still playing around with it, "breaking it in" :D).

I will post a range report as so as I can, but I have a VERY busy next 2 weeks of work. So not sure how soon I can get out :xmad:.

Thanks for the comments.

troy96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    No they aren't safe queens, the Tactical Ultra II is my main off duty CC and the TLE II I'm still breaking in (can't afford the .45 ammo right now :D). I have put several hundred rounds through the TLE II so far and zero issues (just like the thousands of rounds I've put through the Tactical Ultra II, it was the first Kimber I bought). What I said was the Pro Carry, that I just got yesterday, looked to have been a safe queen as I could not find any true wear on it. LOL, trust me I love shooting my Kimbers :D.

As far as the pre-series II vs the series II, as I have not shot it yet, the only thing I can say is that as far as fit, finish, craftsmanship it appears to be the same between all of my Kimbers. No real difference that my uneducated eye can tell. And I'm not sure that it will out shoot my other two. The last time the I had the TLE II out (last week) I put 100 rds through a single 2" hole (except for 2 fliers that were approximately 3" off center) at 7 yrds (I know it was not a great distance, but I'm still playing around with it, "breaking it in" :D).

I will post a range report as so as I can, but I have a VERY busy next 2 weeks of work. So not sure how soon I can get out :xmad:.

Thanks for the comments.

I take my hat of to you sir for having nice firearms and actually shooting them.

I too am waiting for the price of .45 to go down. Cant get myself to run through the last 500 rounds I have.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Congrats on the Kimber. They're nice. Just be careful..... if "series 1" isn't stamped into the gun, you're not supposed to call it a series 1 gun. Ask me how I know.... :D :rolleyes: oh, wait..... maybe that only applies to Colts.....:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom