• ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    3c1tz.jpg

I got myself a Ruger 10/22 Target Model and a FM 2-7x32 scope I liked the target model since it had a longer barrel (22.5" vs 18.5") and stock it fit me better. :rockwoot::ar15:
    I do have a few questions though:
    1 how do you take the rear site off or is it even possible (my scope sets on it)
    2 it has a composite stock dose any one know if its printable Would like to make it a flat black.

Now to get out and shoot it, have to wait till I can get to ECGR. :(

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very nice looking Ruger. Congratz.

You could probably paint the stock, but I'd recommend keeping it and just buying a nice Boyd's stock that would really set it off.

I would get slightly higher rings and leave the rear sight on the barrel. You only need another 1/16" or so to clear. Once you get that rear sight off, and it is possible, you may not be able to get it back on easily. One thing about the top-tier Rugers is they hold their value, however things like taking the sight off cuts into their resale value. In 10 years you may want to use the iron sights, never know.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Can you move the scope forward a little more? The stock, why mess with it, it really looks good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What about the scope mounts that allow you to look through them to use the iron sights if you want to? I suppose it would affect cheek weld though...

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I do have a few questions though:
    1 how do you take the rear site off or is it even possible (my scope sets on it)
    2 it has a composite stock dose any one know if its printable Would like to make it a flat black.

Now to get out and shoot it, have to wait till I can get to ECGR. :(

Might have a stock a stock that you can paint and put the original one away. PM me if interested

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Can you move the scope forward a little more? The stock, why mess with it, it really looks good.

It's all the way forward already. I took the 2 screws and plate out of the sight, now it fits fine.

Cant wait to go shooting but it may be a few weeks :(

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Very nice! Congrats!

Sooo...How did the wife take it??
    She still around?
    Does she know you went ahead and got it?
    Or what did she get? :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    3c1tz.jpg

The rear sight can be drifted out of its dovetail in the barrel by driving it out with a hammer and a brass or nylon punch.

Alternatively, you could:

1) try folding the rear sight leaf down (forward); can't tell in your pic if it is folded or not

2) get a set of rings that are just a bit higher so the scope's bell clears

3) move the scope forward in the rings a bit and/or move the rings forward on the rail (might need to get an aftermarket rail with more cross-slots to allow this)

it has a composite stock

The stock on your gun as pictured is made of wood.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    The rear sight can be drifted out of its dovetail in the barrel by driving it out with a hammer and a brass or nylon punch.

Alternatively, you could:

1) try folding the rear sight leaf down (forward); can't tell in your pic if it is folded or not

2) get a set of rings that are just a bit higher so the scope's bell clears

3) move the scope forward in the rings a bit and/or move the rings forward on the rail (might need to get an aftermarket rail with more cross-slots to allow this)

The stock on your gun as pictured is made of wood.
    It has a plastic sound, feel and is to light to be wood. only looks like wood. :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It has a plastic sound, feel and is to light to be wood. only looks like wood. :dunno:

It is listed on the distributor's website as having a "checkered birch deluxe stock".

Ruger does not offer any "simulated wood" stocks; their wood stocks are walnut, birch or laminate, and their synthetic stocks are black plastic.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    It is listed on the distributor's website as having a "checkered birch deluxe stock".

Ruger does not offer any "simulated wood" stocks; their wood stocks are walnut, birch or laminate, and their synthetic stocks are black plastic.

Guess I was wrong :facepalm: nothing about it feels wood though. and the checkered area doesn't have a wood grain look and is fussy/fibrous like a composite would be if milled so I assumed it was not wood.
    Don't i feel DUMB!!!! going to hide now with my tail tucked
    hate it when that happens :n00b:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Guess I was wrong :facepalm: nothing about it feels wood though.

And would you believe that's one of their nicer factory wood stocks? :eek:

I like Ruger and they make a good gun, but they (like many other manufacturers) have obviously cut some corners with production in recent years in order to keep costs down and profits up.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Target model???

That appears to be the version commonly called the "WalMart Special" or the Lipsey's K10/22-22 Model 1149 distributor exclusive shown on Ruger's website. The WM Special had/has a longer stainless barrel, iron sights, and a stock with no barrel band, like the one pictured. I have a WM Special but I've not see the Lipsey's model in person.

Every target model I have ever seen, and I have 2 of them, has a .920" diameter hammer forged barrel with no sights and is in a nice laminated wood stock. :dunno:

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Maybe it is a Linsey's it looked a lot like it I never asked what model liked the way it looked and felt being it had a longer barrel and assumed it was a target since it had a longer barrel.
    Guess I need to have facts straight be for I list something I'm new to the rifle thing. Guess I'm looking like a goof.

Top Bottom