• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Post removed for failing to meet academic requirement of the boad. In the future I will just skip sharing my thoughts via rough draft.
    So as not to offend those more astute then I

Last edited:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    If you want somebody to take you seriously you should use proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. No matter your point, if you cannot communicate it properly nobody will care what your message is.

Just my thoughts on this. I do agree with you however.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    If you want somebody to take you seriously you should use proper spelling, punctuation and grammar. No matter your point, if you cannot communicate it properly nobody will care what your message is.

Just my thoughts on this. I do agree with you however.

I agree with Mad Macs on this one.

A lib dem would read your letter and think to himself, "just another third grade graduate gun loving goober". I do agree with the gist of your letter and find it worthwhile. Correct your spelling, grammar and punctuation and you've got something.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    lmao, this forum. I aspire to one day be as perfect as you all.

75% of the posts on this board are "Dupe!!!" and "insert random personal slam"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sometimes people do pile on.
    But if I'm sending an important letter out, then I want helpful advice to make my letter look better. Presentation is important.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    But if I'm sending an important letter out, then I want helpful advice to make my letter look better. Presentation is important.

Thank you. It bugs the hell out of me to see our language skills going down the toilet.

The point I was making in my earlier post was that the libtards already think we gun owners are a bunch of knuckle dragging morons. Why not at least TRY to show them they are wrong?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I agree with this... I very rarely critique people for spelling & grammar but when sending a letter to politician its very critical... Microsoft word and most other typing programs have spell-check in them. Use that to catch the big things then carefully proof-read to catch the things it won't catch.

I won't criticize people for spelling & grammar, but I will criticize them for sending a letter to a politician with poor spelling & grammar. It makes all gun-owners look like uneducated rednecks that don't care bout nuthin but there guns and beeg truks.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I don't agree with your estimates. Also, why do you come here?

Estimates may be high for theatrics, but the jist is, people are kinda ruthless when they are anonymous :( Just because you don't get to see the person you are drilling doesn't mean they aren't getting their feelers hurt.

I come here because it is a great board with a ton of decent, non-critical, helpful folks. Even if my estimates were accurate, 25% of 30k members is a TON of decent folk :P

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    That being said guys, sometimes the advice is not presented in the best way.

I don't feel I was mean about what I said. I deal with people all day long on a professional level and always proofread what I type to them just so I DON'T sound like an idiot. I deal with company presidents, CEO's and other higher level people at times so if I came off as unprofessional that would reflect poorly upon myself and my company.

And this isn't a "libtards will hate you" sort of discussion, but I wouldn't take ANYBODY seriously in ANY capacity who had sent me an email like he pasted above. Sorry, if you can't take the time to use English properly, then I don't really care what you have to say.

:patriot:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Estimates may be high for theatrics, but the jist is, people are kinda ruthless when they are anonymous :( Just because you don't get to see the person you are drilling doesn't mean they aren't getting their feelers hurt.

I come here because it is a great board with a ton of decent, non-critical, helpful folks. Even if my estimates were accurate, 25% of 30k members is a TON of decent folk :P

Yeah, I love it here. It's probably my favorite firearm related forum.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For those of you prefacing your criticism by saying that you're only saying something because its a letter, forget it.

This is a public website. If you think your staunchest enemies won't point directly at this website and portray you as mouth breathing half-wits, you are mistaken. Each and every person on this site is a representative of the gun culture if you like it or not. Why not take some extra time to organize your thoughts? Every browser/device I've used in the past few years had spell check built it, why not use it?

We are fighting for our god given rights, and the battleground is the low information voter. The better we look, the harder it is to marginalize us as lunatic fringe.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I'm rather disappointed by the attitude. How many people think a left wing political hack would even read the letter ?Mention guns once and they either delete or run for the hills.

I have the unfortunate circumstance of having Andre "Obama" Carson as my Representative. It's gotten so bad for him, he doesn't even do town hall meetings anymore. Do you think he'd read the letter? NO !

Yes I know the grammar and punctuation could have been better, but you don't string up a guy when you're proof reading his work .

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Post removed for failing to meet academic requirement of the boad. In the future I will just skip sharing my thoughts via rough draft.
    So as not to offend those more astute then I

Don't take it personally, it's more a general complaint about expressing ourselves in an effective manner to our enemies. You are not one of our enemies.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Thank you. It bugs the hell out of me to see our language skills going down the toilet.

The point I was making in my earlier post was that the libtards already think we gun owners are a bunch of knuckle dragging morons. Why not at least TRY to show them they are wrong?

So I might as well get on the band wagon of finding fault. As opposed to reading the post ie...rought draft we would rather continue to offer criticisim. Great image to present of Gun owners in general. Way to go in your efforts to always present gun owners in a positive helful light. Finally , bet freedom of speech is fine with you as long as it is presensented in a manner consistent your methodology and meets with your preapproval. Again thanks for taking the time to find fault. Wod did you ever think to ask was that you final draft, or was it a brief cut and paste to make your point. Again much easier to find fault than to inquire before insulting. Additionally did you even think to ask if you are going to send this via snail mail? Again no too effort required there just easier to be negative. With regardds to you comment wiht being ....morons great job on the use of liberal tactics! Again always easier to play on emotion, insults versus dealing in facts. Again I commend you with your effots and perhaps you will be inducted into the elistist hall of fame, were you can insult find fault for all eternity!

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    So I might as well get on the band wagon of finding fault. As opposed to reading the post ie...rought draft we would rather continue to offer criticisim. Great image to present of Gun owners in general. Way to go in your efforts to always present gun owners in a positive helful light. Finally , bet freedom of speech is fine with you as long as it is presensented in a manner consistent your methodology and meets with your preapproval. Again thanks for taking the time to find fault. Wod did you ever think to ask was that you final draft, or was it a brief cut and paste to make your point. Again much easier to find fault than to inquire before insulting. Additionally did you even think to ask if you are going to send this via snail mail? Again no too effort required there just easier to be negative. With regardds to you comment wiht being ....morons great job on the use of liberal tactics! Again always easier to play on emotion, insults versus dealing in facts. Again I commend you with your effots and perhaps you will be inducted into the elistist hall of fame, were you can insult find fault for all eternity!

Sorry, I couldn't finish reading this.

Top Bottom