• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    When I lived outside the city limits....good old days. The neighbors finally accepted that they were going to hear some bangs, some harley motors late at night and other various loud noises. They eventually came to accept it all and even became friendly after a while. just be polite and break them in :cool:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    They bit their tongues right up until my wife's birthday a couple summers ago! What started as she and I shooting .22, and some clays with her 20ga, turned into ARs, 12ga, 7mm rem mag, .44 mag...ALL At Once!

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    I have a neighbor that complained when I would shoot. He lives about a mile behind my house (through woods and over hill). He said he didn't want bullets "whizzing past the house". If you saw my berm and the lay of the land, you would know that was impossible. He is my neighbor, but the neighbor stuff works both ways. When I am going to do quite a bit of shooting, I will send him a text--I don't ask, I tell him what I am doing. Don't ever give somebody else run over your property.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I have libtard neighbors, but I have always been polite and whenever we have a shooting party (2 or 3 times a year) I let them know ahead of time. They have gradually come to understand that THEY moved to the country...and in the country, people shoot guns. :)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    This is a long shot, but if it bothers them that much you might ask them to buy your suppressor for you. They might consider it a cheap price to pay for a quieter weekend. Win,win.

benzkomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    If you live in the county (out of city limits) I thought there was a minimum distance to shoot a gun in the backyard. Hmm... maybe I should consider building a shooting range on my property :)

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I had a "Friend" at one time that hung 5 or six tires in a row and shot down the middle of them, and it muffled the sound. I guess if you want to make them happy there are other ways around it. :dunno:

I guess someone already covered this with the 55 gal. drum.. sorry

Last edited:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Anyone in the Hamilton County area hear those loud bangs last year? End of summer, beginning of fall maybe? Can't remember. It happened twice. If I had to guess, I would say they were some kind of heavy artillery. The waves were strong enough to feel, and it was a deep loud boom! It lit up part of the sky similar to lightning when it happened. It was NOT thunder or lightning. Not a crack or a rumble.

OP I would invite them over to shoot! How far away is their house?

Got me thinking about this guy a few months ago in Indy. I had the subwoofers in my car up all the way, and got stuck at a stoplight. The driver of the SUV in front of me flipped me off and started waving his arm with his cell phone, pointing to it with the other hand.

I understand it's rude to have subwoofers that other drivers can feel, but I think it's ruder to tell me to shut my music off so he can talk on the phone while driving :laugh:

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Better yet... Invite the neighbor over for a .22 shoot and let them see how fun it can be. The problems you are having may be a product of ignorance. Try to get them involved. A good lesson in safe gun handling and use might be necessary.

If the neighbor shows a little interest, break out a little larger stuff.

Might work.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just wish I lived somewhere that either my neighbors or I could shoot. If you were my neighbor I would just call that music to my ears...

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Anyone in the Hamilton County area hear those loud bangs last year? End of summer, beginning of fall maybe? Can't remember. It happened twice. If I had to guess, I would say they were some kind of heavy artillery. The waves were strong enough to feel, and it was a deep loud boom! It lit up part of the sky similar to lightning when it happened. It was NOT thunder or lightning. Not a crack or a rumble.

Depends on where you were. The ATF and ISP are known to set off training explosives in the quarries around nobletucky.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    This is a long shot, but if it bothers them that much you might ask them to buy your suppressor for you. They might consider it a cheap price to pay for a quieter weekend. Win,win.
    I like the way you think!
    And to everybody proposing inviting them over, That won't work. When I said Liberal, I meant LI-BER-AL! Obama Biden signs and everything! I did invite their oldest son over on fourth of July a few years ago. He pumped out some 12ga shells and enjoyed it, but yeah...His folks are another story! Needless to say, I try to stay out of their way, and they try to stay out of mine! He has called the cops for me shooting at least three times, and since this is Allen County, they have showed up three times! They look at my backstop, then fondle my guns and BS for a few and leave. Like I said, Just trying to keep some semblance of peace...Until the zombies come!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    My advice: Enjoy that you can step out back and shoot anytime for any reason or no reason at all...

Forget the rest - just be friendly with the police maybe you'll make some friends :).

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Get a 1,000 watt PA system, with some really nice JBL 15" mains. Point the setup at your neighbors house and say:

"Is everyone back from downrange? Is the range clear? You have a 15 minute firing period. The range is hot!"

Ya know...just to inform them you'll be shooting. :D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So I've been thinking about loading my own subsonic .223. I can't afford a can or a tax stamp right now, so this seems to be the next best option. Anyone got any experience? Will it even cycle my AR? (I don't mind if it won't! I have no problem with firing them single shot, or like a repeater!) I only have about 65 yards to shoot at home, so I'm not too worried if it won't shoot 300 yards either! Any input is appreciated!

Borrow a Barrett for a couple of days? :dunno: Then they'll learn to count their blessings.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So I've been thinking about loading my own subsonic .223. I can't afford a can or a tax stamp right now, so this seems to be the next best option. Anyone got any experience? Will it even cycle my AR? (I don't mind if it won't! I have no problem with firing them single shot, or like a repeater!) I only have about 65 yards to shoot at home, so I'm not too worried if it won't shoot 300 yards either! Any input is appreciated!

Yea I have some of those type too. They have never said a word to me about it but have called the police a few times. They went so far as to notify my homeowners insurance carrier...don't know how they found out that info. When the above two tactics failed they called my chief. When that failed they built a dirt go cart track about 50 yards from my bedroom window but on their property of course.

Based on the above three facts does anyone think I give a hoot about what they think? Yep you are right as I could care less what they like or dislike. FWIW I never shoot on Sundays, never past 6p or before 9a. I try not to shot if they are outside also. But over time they learned that tactic. They will come outside when I start to shoot....every single time it seems. So I ignore that now and keep shooting.

I had a 15' berm constructed in a "U" shape. I have 3 acres and have lived here 13 years. They have lived here around 3 years. They think they are special and the world caters to their every whim. News flash- I shoot anytime I want and anything I want. I paid extra money to buy a place where I could shoot. And I am going to do just that. I shoot a lot too.

Top Bottom