• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Saw this cute little guy on a gas pump in Albuquerque this morning. Told the attendant and she came out and zapped it with some bug spray. Made me think that if it had been up in the handle likely would have been stung. Don’t wear gloves to pump gas, but might start.

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpeg
      IMG_5640.jpeg
      189.1 KB · Views: 109
    Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Not as dangerous as everyone thinks. I shared a park entrance booth with 10 or 20 all summer and never had a problem.ave

And it's a cute little GIRL.
    Not real sure if the attendant was a boy or a girl, it is Albuquerque after all. Could have gone either way. I was open carry, btw.

I thought a bite meant certain death, but apparently it will only mostly make you mostly wish you were mostly dead. Unless you have existing respiratory issues.

As far as I know it’s the first one I’ve ever seen. Was told we don’t have them here at 7000 ft, but all over Albuquerque. I had the pup tied up to my tailgate while I was filling 6 gas cans with Ethanol free gas and she was about 8 inches away at the end of her leash or I probably wouldn’t have noticed it.

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I always wear rubber gloves when using the pump. Think of how many hands touch that and its not anything that would EVER be sanitized! I just keep them in the door of the truck.
    Do you NOT ever SHAKE anyone’s hand? I know some people don’t, and that’s ok. First time I have been to this place, all the pumps and concrete looked pretty much brand new.

I’ve been elbow deep in cow, chicken, horse, dog poop more times than I can count. I guess I’m not too concerned about it. I used to wear gloves pumping diesel fuel, but that stuff sticks with you, and seems to spread without diluting.

So, anyway, if we ever meet you probably don’t want to shake my hand. Are handshakes a long gone thing of the past? I know Covid kinda killed that and a lot of it maybe never came back? Out here the norm seems to be the fist pump bro! But younger guys than me, mostly my son’s age.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Do you NOT ever SHAKE anyone’s hand? I know some people don’t, and that’s ok. First time I have been to this place, all the pumps and concrete looked pretty much brand new.

I’ve been elbow deep in cow, chicken, horse, dog poop more times than I can count. I guess I’m not too concerned about it. I used to wear gloves pumping diesel fuel, but that stuff sticks with you, and seems to spread without diluting.

So, anyway, if we ever meet you probably don’t want to shake my hand. Are handshakes a long gone thing of the past? I know Covid kinda killed that and a lot of it maybe never came back? Out here the norm seems to be the fist pump bro! But younger guys than me, mostly my son’s age.
    LOL. I'm not a germophobe. Ofcourse I shake hands. I am not a fister. I would shake your hand because you are a shepherd guy! People wash their hands, hopefully atleast once a day! Those pumps never get cleaned and they have rubber on them that holds things. I did that way before the fake pandemic.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    LOL. I'm not a germophobe. Ofcourse I shake hands. I am not a fister. I would shake your hand because you are a shepherd guy! People wash their hands, hopefully atleast once a day! Those pumps never get cleaned and they have rubber on them that holds things. I did that way before the fake pandemic.
    Thanks for taking that the way I meant it and not getting offended.

We moved out here during Covid. In Wisconsin we attended the same church for 25-30 years, I was head usher for a good share of that. Probably shook 200 hands on a Sunday. Out here, I don’t see anyone shaking hands, tried three different churches, all about the same issue n that aspect.

Don’t know if it’s a cultural thing or after effect of Covid, or maybe I have really bad breath? Just interestingly curious. At my job, mostly Hispanic guys, all did the fist bump, and everything was “bro this, bro that”. I think in WI, we probably said “hey” or something, but I NEVER heard “bro”.

Maybe it’s the black widow spider I have tattooed on my right palm, never thought of THAT!!!!

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    Thanks for taking that the way I meant it and not getting offended.

We moved out here during Covid. In Wisconsin we attended the same church for 25-30 years, I was head usher for a good share of that. Probably shook 200 hands on a Sunday. Out here, I don’t see anyone shaking hands, tried three different churches, all about the same issue n that aspect.

Don’t know if it’s a cultural thing or after effect of Covid, or maybe I have really bad breath? Just interestingly curious. At my job, mostly Hispanic guys, all did the fist bump, and everything was “bro this, bro that”. I think in WI, we probably said “hey” or something, but I NEVER heard “bro”.

Maybe it’s the black widow spider I have tattooed on my right palm, never thought of THAT!!!!
    I get offended by offended people. There isn't anything anyone could say to me that could upset me!

We moved in opposite directions! I moved from AZ 3 years ago to IN. I spent 15 years out there. I'm from PA and my wife IL. I disliked the fact that I lived in a culdesac and barely knew my neighbors. I walked around and knocked on doors to meet them and would try like heck to get to know them, but it was pull into their garages and shut the doors without a wave. It's not you! I'm pretty rural now but I already knew all my neighbors after less than a year here.

I'm not sure how much you know of your "coworkers" you referenced that us "bro", but watch yourself. They will stab their own relatives in the back to get ahead. I don't care how well you think you know them. They are nice enough but will turn on you to look out for only themselves.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Ha!! I’m very similar. As I mostly open carry I get into some conversations with people about it. I usually say up front that I won’t be offended by anything you say. Mostly, I don’t care whether you like it, or agree with it.

I’m retired now. Knew I was a short timer there (3 years) and mostly did my job and kept my head down. Had 5 other drivers I saw regularly and got along well with all of them. But I did see quite a bit of what you’re talking about, especially with the senior route drivers.

I’ve met quite a few of my neighbors and wave at every car that drives by. At, first no response, but now most wave back and a few have stopped and talked to me, usually about the dog.

Church has got me stumped tho. People just don’t seem to like to make eye contact here? My wife is ine, first one out the door. We drive separate vehicles to the same church!! I’m usually on a bike tho. So, I can stay as long as I like and she just goes home.

When I was head usher it was my goal to not let anyone new get out of the building without me talking to them for at least a little bit. I’m not seeing that guy out here. Doesn’t seem like I should have to be that guy in a new church, but maybe I do?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’m glad to see that someone else views gas pumps as possible zombie bacteria Petri dishes like I do. I actually am a germophobe (not to the extent that I would ever wear a mask again).

Some crackhead chick walked up to my truck one time and grabbed the passenger door handle like she was gonna get in, fortunately the door was locked, but I drove straight home and went over the door handle with a clorox wipe, then washed the entire truck. Who knows where her scabby hands had been?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’m glad to see that someone else views gas pumps as possible zombie bacteria Petri dishes like I do. I actually am a germophobe (not to the extent that I would ever wear a mask again).

Some crackhead chick walked up to my truck one time and grabbed the passenger door handle like she was gonna get in, fortunately the door was locked, but I drove straight home and went over the door handle with a clorox wipe, then washed the entire truck. Who knows where her scabby hands had been?
    You better stay out off Albuquerque then, or you will go broke on car washes just getting across town!!! It’s bad. Panhandlers on all 4 corners of any major intersection. The TA truck stop has armed guards walking the parking lot and some two bit flea bag motel right across the street. I try my best not to go there more than once or twice a month. I just about always take a dog with me, and I like to drive with my window down if it’s cool, but that’s an invitation to walk over at the stop light. Have gotten some pretty interesting reactions when the pup pops her head out the back window. All involve going in the other direction, so far!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The ones that scare the bejezus out of me is the ones that kill skin. They always make it sound like it could just kill all the skin and never stop!

Top Bottom