• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The corruption in our system is approaching the level of being unnatural, and I honestly believe that a "correction" is coming. It could be next week, next year or in a couple of years, but I know it's coming. :popcorn:

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I worked for a public utility that had a fiber network. We did alot in the sec 8. They are basically telling the government they cannot pay rent yet they could "afford" cable phone and internet. the worst I ever saw was on a Sunday morning (noon to regular folk) fixing some stuff and there was a person passed out on the floor cockroaches and other bugs crawling all over them. While fixing it they got up bugs still on them not even brushing them off. Oh the other stories of places that I would not let a dog or pig or even fish live in.

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    Folks, these poor people are ENTITLED to this housing. Even the fact that they have to pay even $28 is UNFAIR. WE should be paying THEM to live there ( oh, wait we do). It is all the evil taxpayers FAULT. I just hope that they can still receive their "entitlement" checks safely do to the poor conditions.....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    On an indian reservation in Montana, the government man came by once a year to inspect the dwellings and see what needed replacing. The people would kick the windows out
    Of frames, destroy appliances, rip
    Out doors, etc so new ones would be installed. The person I knew lived in one for years and just repaired it himself. Sad, but typical of what happens to a destroyed people who rely on the government 100%. completely ruined generations of people by government assistance.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Looks like X didn't have what it took. Should have gotten federal funds and Warren Buffet to risk their money. That is what is happening right now on the near NE side of Indy. A new complex that will be called East Village at Avondale Meadows will be opening in the area of Keystone and 38th Street. This will be a low to moderate income complex. People are already referring to it as Meadow II, assuming that once it is filled with lower income types, it will turn into a dump soon enough. Happened at the new complex over on the far east side of the city next to Kroger. Graffiti appeared on some of the garages, garage doors at an angle where people jacked up the door to break into the garage, the drainage retention pool had half the coast line lined with fast food bags, cups, and plastic bottles. A lot of people don't realize we actually have pockets of third worldish living (high crime, trash) within the confines of our first world country.

I've had some "smart" people ignore me when I've told them not to place their property in Sec 8 if they valued either their property or sanity. Usually, after a year or so they come back with a "WTF happened?" kind of sob story about residents BBQ'ing in the kitchen or flooding the house or burning this or that. Fools, fools, and more fools.

I have a co-worker who does section 8. Gets almost $800.00 since the townhouse was supplied with all accessories. That $800ish is from the government, and you are allowed to charge the occupant a little if you want. He said the key is surprise interviews of the list of perspective renters. Go and see how they live, and don't give them notice of your coming over.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I rent one of my homes as "SECTION 8", Why ??? Cause the neighborhood isn't the best, I pick the best renter out of the lot{older couple with older kids) For this 3/2 1700 sq. foot home, I'm getting $1,279 a/month, got a letter from the government, that my rented no longer needs a 3/2 house{cause her son is 18 years old} but my renter adopted a 5 year old, so she'll be sticking around a little longer

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I rent one of my homes as "SECTION 8", Why ??? Cause the neighborhood isn't the best, I pick the best renter out of the lot{older couple with older kids) For this 3/2 1700 sq. foot home, I'm getting $1,279 a/month, got a letter from the government, that my rented no longer needs a 3/2 house{cause her son is 18 years old} but my renter adopted a 5 year old, so she'll be sticking around a little longer

Can't afford their own place. One of the kids hits 18 and, BINGO...let's adopt to keep that check coming in. She must have passed her fertile stage now so adoption.

I hope that turns out well.

Look at what we wrought!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

So, do we, the taxpayers, at least get a kiss?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Taxpayer money will simply pay for another few complexes to be built and destroyed by the very same residents.

Don't worry, they'll be just fine.

On a side note, I remember my cousin in Michigan telling me the story about his Sec 8 rental: It appeared that his tenant butchered a deer in the laundry room - it having a wash basin and all, why not? Apparently little effort was made in tidying up the mess and it was pretty gross you can imagine.

That's a completely true story. No one knows if he got it out of season, road killed, or taken legitimately. The one thing we do know is that the bum doesn't know what lysol is.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Section 8 can destroy a great apartment complex in 3 to 4 months in Winter time. If it goes Section 8 in Spring or Summer, more like 2 months. If the new owners of the complex don't notify the current tenants they are now allowing Section 8, your first hint is when the pizza guy will not deliver to your area. WTF?! Even Herman Cain won't come into your neighborhood?

Next are the gun fire, dog fights, vehicle break ins.

Indian Reservations make Section 8 complexes look like Knott's Berry Farm.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Folks, these poor people are ENTITLED to this housing. Even the fact that they have to pay even $28 is UNFAIR. WE should be paying THEM to live there ( oh, wait we do). It is all the evil taxpayers FAULT. I just hope that they can still receive their "entitlement" checks safely do to the poor conditions.....

YES YES YES, a correction is coming, but i fear it will be a long slow death like Argentina rather than a quicker 1776 stand up and fight scenario.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Wow!!! After hearing all of these horror stories, I hope that my ex-girlfriend, who is a bleeding heart liberal, saves up all of her money and takes another loan out on her house, buys a couple of fixer-uppers, fixes them up and submits them to the abuses of Section 8 tenants. That would teach her that liberalism is really a mental disorder.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Wow!!! After hearing all of these horror stories, I hope that my ex-girlfriend, who is a bleeding heart liberal, saves up all of her money and takes another loan out on her house, buys a couple of fixer-uppers, fixes them up and submits them to the abuses of Section 8 tenants. That would teach her that liberalism is really a mental disorder.

No, because it would be Bush's fault and you know it

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here is the problem in this country the other gentlemen said they adopted a 5 year old. So lets see you cannot afford to house yourselves yet someone let them get another kid not just breed but get a kid. Now the cycle will continue.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Looks like X didn't have what it took. Should have gotten federal funds and Warren Buffet to risk their money. That is what is happening right now on the near NE side of Indy. A new complex that will be called East Village at Avondale Meadows will be opening in the area of Keystone and 38th Street. This will be a low to moderate income complex. People are already referring to it as Meadow II, assuming that once it is filled with lower income types, it will turn into a dump soon enough. Happened at the new complex over on the far east side of the city next to Kroger. Graffiti appeared on some of the garages, garage doors at an angle where people jacked up the door to break into the garage, the drainage retention pool had half the coast line lined with fast food bags, cups, and plastic bottles. A lot of people don't realize we actually have pockets of third worldish living (high crime, trash) within the confines of our first world country.

Back when the complex first opened I considered moving in there but was warned of their plans... There's a page on the indystar's website that tracks 911 calls and there are quite a few calls in at the complex.

Every week there at the dumpster are tv's, leather couches, beds... its a shame.
    I can say more... but I won't.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Can't afford their own place. One of the kids hits 18 and, BINGO...let's adopt to keep that check coming in. She must have passed her fertile stage now so adoption.

I hope that turns out well.

Look at what we wrought!
    She older & passed her fertile stag, her husband is a big guy, but he's on disability cause of back pain. They take good care of my house, so I don't want to see her leave, plus I get the check in the mail on the 2nd of every month;)

Top Bottom