• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I visited Dr. Price's office again today for my day-after follow-up. I saw Dr. Tenkman himself and he was very pleased with my progress.

I am now seeing better than 20/20. I was consistently reading between 20/10 and 20/15. The Doc was really surprised to see me get 3 out of 7 correct on the 20/10 line. :eek:

On the drive up and back I noted many cases where I could clearly read signs much further away than I was previously able.

The halos around lights have already gotten smaller, and I should expect them to be mostly gone in the next couple of weeks.

I have two more follow-up visits to go-- one next week and one next month. After that I'll be done seeing Dr. Price's office.

If anyone has ever considered LASIK I would highly recommend Dr. Price or Dr. Tenkman. I believe the $995/eye special goes until the end of March. Feel free to post any questions that I haven't already covered and I'd be happy to answer them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I visited Dr. Price's office again today for my day-after follow-up. I saw Dr. Tenkman himself and he was very pleased with my progress.

I am now seeing better than 20/20. I was consistently reading between 20/10 and 20/15. The Doc was really surprised to see me get 3 out of 7 correct on the 20/10 line. :eek:

On the drive up and back I noted many cases where I could clearly read signs much further away than I was previously able.

The halos around lights have already gotten smaller, and I should expect them to be mostly gone in the next couple of weeks.

I have two more follow-up visits to go-- one next week and one next month. After that I'll be done seeing Dr. Price's office.

If anyone has ever considered LASIK I would highly recommend Dr. Price or Dr. Tenkman. I believe the $995/eye special goes until the end of March. Feel free to post any questions that I haven't already covered and I'd be happy to answer them.
    Over the next couple of weeks your vision will fluctuate as your eyes heal...
    This is normal...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm getting my eyes checke out hopefully next week. I'd like to find out how bad they really are.

As for LASIK, that still freaks me out....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Special thanks to shooter521 for the photochop. :D

eyeball.jpg

TRL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Hendricks Co.
    Had it done several years ago and would do it all over again. Paid i think around 4k on it and never looked back. Had to wear a contact in one eye for about a week after to make sure the flap they cut healed correctly, but was very happy with the whole process. well worth every dollar!

TechFarmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Dr. Price did my surgery. Unfortunately, my vision was so bad that my only option was the Implanted Contact Lens. The good news is that I now see 20/10. I do notice some halos at night due to the fact that I have big pupils, but still a big improvement overall. Dr. Price is the one who teaches other surgeons in the area so choosing Price Vision Group was an easy decision.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Today was my 1-week follow-up visit. It only took about 20 minutes as everything looked good.

My vision is settling at 20/15. Light halos are continuing to subside, and my eyes are maintaining a good level of moisture.

I've now cut down to 1 eyedrop regimen, 2x a day, and still using artificial tears as necessary. I have not noticed any abnormal dryness, but I do appreciate the extra moisture from the eyedrops.

My next and final visit is scheduled for next month.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Develop any latent super powers yet? X-Ray vision? Can you see into the near-ultraviolet? Ability to bend spoons with your mind?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    How's the night / low light vision? I've heard good and bad about that.

I too was told that I could see a reduction in low light/night vision, but I haven't yet noticed any. I still see some red halos around tail lights, but that gets better every day.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Eye's still getting better on a daily basis?

I'm 3 days out on the cataract surgery for the right eye. It is slow going on it coming back into focus right now. It seems like I'm back to 20/15 on anything farther than 3 feet, but anything in print, on on a remote or the likes of a cell phone require me to use reading glasses right not.

Wed and Thursday I was using my mother in laws 1.75x lens, today I'm using 1.5x's, I'm hoping by Sunday I won't need any to read.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Eye's still getting better on a daily basis?

They sure are.

In terms of comfort they are healing well and I no longer feel like I'm still wearing contacts (that vague feeling that something is in my eye).

I have noticed this week that, after a lot of computer work, my eyes feel more fatigued and I will take a break and focus on something off in the distance for a minute.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I too was told that I could see a reduction in low light/night vision, but I haven't yet noticed any. I still see some red halos around tail lights, but that gets better every day.

So your AimPoint looks like an Eotech eh?

(Eotech is the one with the circle around the dot right? Otherwise that joke will simply not work.:n00b:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom