• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have always appreciated being notified. It provides me an opportunity to thank the person for contributing to a polite society.

Strangely, it's never taken well though. Maybe it's the boot on their neck, their stripped down pistol tossed into the ditch or the sound of me scratching my trigger finger on the trigger safety?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have always appreciated being notified. It provides me an opportunity to thank the person for contributing to a polite society.

Strangely, it's never taken well though. Maybe it's the boot on their neck, their stripped down pistol tossed into the ditch or the sound of me scratching my trigger finger on the trigger safety?

Awwwwwwww man! I was coming here to edit your post and you covered all the good stuff. Damn, the man is oppressing me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You have the freedom to waive all of your rights, for any or no reason at all ...they'll never make that illegal. ;)

I don't really follow your intent or reasoning to continue, either. Why do you consider informing an officer that you're armed "being good to them"?

Would you waive other rights just because you'd like that if you were in the officer's position?

Not sure where you are going with this either, but I get that a lot with you especially if my views are different than yours. I never waived any of my rights. I treated the officer with respect and he did the same with me. I try to treat everyone with respect until disrespected. Hint hint.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Cruise control is your friend.

I know right.... I was just past the bypass and didn't have time to set the cruise control yet. I was on the phone talking to my daughter about my lunch with her son (my Grandson) at his school. I sat at the table with about eight kids all in kindergarden, watching them shove grapes up their noses and all kinds of funny stuff. I might have even started some of it. I could very well be on the ban list already. It was an adventure. Me and my daughter were laughing about it and I just wasn't paying attention, until oficer killjoy got me. :):

The sound from the phone was coming through the speakers via bluetooth, so the road noise didn't tip me off as to what my speed was. My mistake and my ticket to pay.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Did you catch the officers name? Several of them are Romain's students. If he was a short, dark completed young guy named Chris, I know him.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Did you catch the officers name? Several of them are Romain's students. If he was a short, dark completed young guy named Chris, I know him.

D. Newland
    Stand up guy that was just doing his job. He was polite and explained what they were doing with the Operation Safety Program.
    There have been several accidents on that part of Hwy this summer including a couple with motorcycles. Not too many places to pass on that part of 19 so people wind up trying to pass as many as possible at high speeds. Those truckers are to blame.... Road Hogs :laugh:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    D. Newland
    Stand up guy that was just doing his job. He was polite and explained what they were doing with the Operation Safety Program.
    There have been several accidents on that part of Hwy this summer including a couple with motorcycles. Not too many places to pass on that part of 19 so people wind up trying to pass as many as possible at high speeds. Those truckers are to blame.... Road Hogs :laugh:
    :p

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not sure where you are going with this either, but I get that a lot with you especially if my views are different than yours.

You could answer some of the questions I've posed or ask some of your own, it's called a discussion. Once people agree on something, the discussion aspect tends to taper off rather quickly.

I never waived any of my rights.

You confessed some info during your detainment that others would have chosen to remain silent about. If no force compelled you to do so, what would you call it?

I think you called it freedom. Perhaps you just considered it an exercise of your right to free speech, I honestly don't know.

I treated the officer with respect and he did the same with me. I try to treat everyone with respect until disrespected. Hint hint.

I've never suggested being disrespectful or even impolite, I merely suggested not offering information that's not required. You do see the difference, don't you?

You don't need to justify your choice, and it still might not make sense to me if you do. No biggie.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You could answer some of the questions I've posed or ask some of your own, it's called a discussion. Once people agree on something, the discussion aspect tends to taper off rather quickly.

I have answered every question. Just because it wasn't the answer you wanted doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

You confessed some info during your detainment that others would have chosen to remain silent about. If no force compelled you to do so, what would you call it?

I never confessed anything. I will leave this here for you to learn something from:

• Confession: a formal statement admitting that one is guilty of a crime.

I think you called it freedom. Perhaps you just considered it an exercise of your right to free speech, I honestly don't know.

I'm pretty sure that I have answered that for you already, but since you are having trouble comprehending. It's called RESPECT. The officer was sincere in his thank you to me. You see in life it's not all about me, me ,me. Do unto others as you would have done to you.

I've never suggested being disrespectful or even impolite, I merely suggested not offering information that's not required. You do see the difference, don't you?

I see the diference but I don't think you do.

You don't need to justify your choice, and it still might not make sense to me if you do. No biggie.

I have no doubt that it wouldn't make sense to you. I also agree that it is no biggie if you don't agree with me but it obdviously bothers you if others don't agree with you.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have answered every question. Just because it wasn't the answer you wanted doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

I didn't want any certain answers, I wanted to understand your rationale and perspective to contrast it with my own. You seem defensive enough now that I'll just infer the rest from your responses and connect the dots. I think I've got a pretty clear picture at this point.

I never confessed anything. I will leave this here for you to learn something from:

Confession: a formal statement admitting that one is guilty of a crime.

a) You did admit to the officer that you were guilty of a crime (carrying a handgun in IN) while providing the required legal exception to that crime (LTCH).

b) Confessing info other than guilt of a crime would still meet the definition and proper usage of that word.

I'm pretty sure that I have answered that for you already, but since you are having trouble comprehending. It's called RESPECT. The officer was sincere in his thank you to me. You see in life it's not all about me, me ,me. Do unto others as you would have done to you.

While you're browsing the dictionary, look up SERVILE. You keep using that word, RESPECT, but I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

You seem to equate irrelevant admissions during a detainment as respectful. I comprehend that, I just don't know where you got that idea.
    If someone is not a threat to me, why would I care if they're armed? I assume everyone is armed with no loss of respect.

I see the diference but I don't think you do.

Well, since I keep contrasting the two and you are still attempting to equate them, I think your claims both fail. :):

I have no doubt that it wouldn't make sense to you. I also agree that it is no biggie if you don't agree with me but it obdviously bothers you if others don't agree with you.

It doesn't really bother me when people refuse to support a choice, only when they make a poor attempt at doing so. :cool:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't want any certain answers, I wanted to understand your rationale and perspective to contrast it with my own. You seem defensive enough now that I'll just infer the rest from your responses and connect the dots. I think I've got a pretty clear picture at this point.

a) You did admit to the officer that you were guilty of a crime (carrying a handgun in IN) while providing the required legal exception to that crime (LTCH).

b) Confessing info other than guilt of a crime would still meet the definition and proper usage of that word.

While you're browsing the dictionary, look up SERVILE. You keep using that word, RESPECT, but I don't think it means what you think it means. ;)

You seem to equate irrelevant admissions during a detainment as respectful. I comprehend that, I just don't know where you got that idea.
    If someone is not a threat to me, why would I care if they're armed? I assume everyone is armed with no loss of respect.

Well, since I keep contrasting the two and you are still attempting to equate them, I think your claims both fail. :):

It doesn't really bother me when people refuse to support a choice, only when they make a poor attempt at doing so. :cool:

Having a conversation with you always ends with me remembering how teenage girls are drama queens. Your lame attempts to turns things into your own agenda are a waste of your time. Carry on :drama:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :dunno: but up in NWI, the LEO will know you have a LTCH when he runs your DL, anyway. I would guess that most PD's nowadays have a similar system in place.

That doesn't mean he 'knows' you're carrying, but any LEO worth his salt will presume you are. So, there's no 'harm' to the carrier to informing the LEO, and don't see that there's any benefit to not informing, other than just personal preference. It's just a courtesy.

Sorry about the ticket. Glad you had a good interaction with the Officer. To each his own, as each person has the option to inform or not inform, as is their prerogative.

Never had a problem, from either side of the issue.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    :dunno: but up in NWI, the LEO will know you have a LTCH when he runs your DL, anyway. I would guess that most PD's nowadays have a similar system in place.

That doesn't mean he 'knows' you're carrying, but any LEO worth his salt will presume you are. So, there's no 'harm' to the carrier to informing the LEO, and don't see that there's any benefit to not informing, other than just personal preference. It's just a courtesy.

Sorry about the ticket. Glad you had a good interaction with the Officer. To each his own, as each person has the option to inform or not inform, as is their prerogative.

Never had a problem, from either side of the issue.

I'm all out of Rep MG tonight so hopefully somebody will rep you for me. To each their own is how I feel as well :yesway:

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I was told "never add stress to an already stressful situation".

YMMV, but I will not inform, unless it is asked or stopped in a must-inform state.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Waka-what? :laugh:

I must have missed that town the last time I was in Northern Indiana. I think that I have been all over this fine state but every once in a while I still hear of places that are new to me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Waka-what? :laugh:

I must have missed that town the last time I was in Northern Indiana. I think that I have been all over this fine state but every once in a while I still hear of places that are new to me.

Between Elkhart and Nappanee. It used to be the home of Utilimaster... used to...

Top Bottom