• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wish I could take credit for that...

Someone said it on GlockTalk several months ago in reference to his own GSD. I just think it's funny!

-J-

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Can't resist

I cannot resist a puppyl He is beautiful and I love him.;)

Can I keep him? :D

What a gorgeous pup and those blue, blue eyes to boot! You and your family enjoy him.

Kudos to the one poster who called him a "German Shedder Dog". Yep, that's true. I have two Golden Retrievers and they shed much less than a GSD, but I sweep up plenty of hair every time I clean the floor.

Best regards,

Terruy

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This little brat won't eat!

I've been sitting here for a good while now and all he wants to do is grab his water bowl and spill it all over the floor.:cool:

He must just still be a little (previous) home sick...But as much as he follows me around, it seems like he's gotten reattached.

Since the breeder calling yesterday and saying "he's ready!" kind of sprung up on me, I didn't have a chance to get him a kennel yet, so I'm having to sit with him while he eats until the crate training begins...He slept curled up between my arm and rib cage last night, I hope he didn't get too used to that since he'll be in a kennel tonight.

Did I mention who his favorite is yet?:D:D:D

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I remember bringing home my 7 week old GSD... we crate trained. The first night was TERRIBLE! I gave up at about 2am. He quieted right down when I let him sleep with me. The next night was rough, but since his crate was further away from my bedroom at that point, we made it through the night. After that, all was good in the hood.

Good luck!

<<-- I'm jealous!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow, first night jitters are over, this little guy's got some lungs on him for being 6 weeks old. This little stinker HATES his water bowl. I can't give him more than an ounce or two at a time because he'll take one drink, grab the rim of the bowl and dump the water out, sling the bowl in the air and run over to it barking and pouncing on it...Dog's got some serious water bowl issues.:D

That'll change once I get back to the pet store...I made the mistake of letting Momma pick out the bowls and she go chihuahua sized bowls for him because they were "cute." He needs some weighted SS bowls that flare out at the bottom so he can't pick it up by the rim or chew on it. Dang, does this dog ever chew...

I remember bringing home my 7 week old GSD... we crate trained. The first night was TERRIBLE! I gave up at about 2am. He quieted right down when I let him sleep with me. The next night was rough, but since his crate was further away from my bedroom at that point, we made it through the night. After that, all was good in the hood.

Good luck!

<<-- I'm jealous!

Well, he slept with me last night, so it wasn't too bad...Except that since he slept all evening, he was ready to party when we wanted to go to bed. I usually sleep with the TV on with low volume, but he just kept hopping off the bed, so I had to make the room pitch black so he was scared and just wanted to curl up next to me.

BTW, when they are puppies, you just want them trained and grown and when they are trained and all grown up you want them to be puppies again.

Don't do that! The weiner dog will kill a full grown shepard in a heartbeat.

Get stuck right in his throat...

I LOL'd.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Less than 48 hours after getting him, he's already 95% potty trained.:rockwoot:

I say 95% because he had a couple of accidents when he got excited.

He already whines when he needs to go out and I haven't used a kennel to train him...He doesn't even have one yet, he's just been sleeping in bed with us and when he wakes up in the morning I take him out, feed him and then take him out again. I know I still have to pick one up tomorrow, because he'll have to go in one when left alone, but I'm pretty happy with how easy it was to train him.

He had a BLAST today with the kids at a family get together, I had to take him away from the kids for awhile because it felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here is Leo @ about 10 weeks:

DSCN5254.jpg

DSCN5255.jpg

DSCN5256.jpg

DSCN5257.jpg

He's around 23-24 lbs now.

He has a full beard of brown now, it started out as a couple of little dots on each side of his cheeks. His undercarriage is also predominately brown and it started off all black...I'm already starting to miss his droopy ears.

Although he spends the night in his kennel, he hasn't had an accident in 2 weeks...It took about 3-4 days to get him to whine at the door when he needs to go and another 3-4 days to get him to completely hold it if we don't hear him at first.

He's caught on to commands rather quickly...He knows sit, lay down, shake, stay(for the most part), easy, no, release, fetch and we just started on roll over last night.

He's still a little bitey/chewey, but he has quit jumping on kids when he gets excited.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    You have a very beauiful dog. I cant wait til me and my wife get our house so we can get one. We both agree that we want one. JUst cant right now cause we rent.

Are all GSD's that easy to train?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You have a very beauiful dog. I cant wait til me and my wife get our house so we can get one. We both agree that we want one. JUst cant right now cause we rent.

Are all GSD's that easy to train?

Absolutely.

I've only trained two myself, but have been around many of them in my life from friends and family also having them and everyone that I've seen picks up on tricks and training in a breeze.

I think I'm going to have Kara take him to puppy obedience classes since this is her first ever dog and he doesn't seem to respect her like he respects me. I know it's just a puppy thing, but it'd be better to nip it while he's young.

But yes, he's a fantastic dog...You won't be disappointed if you go with a GSD.

I'm not sure where Versailles is, but when you are ready I can't point you to a great breeder that has sells dogs with fantastic blood lines for very reasonable prices.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Absolutely.

I've only trained two myself, but have been around many of them in my life from friends and family also having them and everyone that I've seen picks up on tricks and training in a breeze.

I think I'm going to have Kara take him to puppy obedience classes since this is her first ever dog and he doesn't seem to respect her like he respects me. I know it's just a puppy thing, but it'd be better to nip it while he's young.

But yes, he's a fantastic dog...You won't be disappointed if you go with a GSD.

I'm not sure where Versailles is, but when you are ready I can't point you to a great breeder that has sells dogs with fantastic blood lines for very reasonable prices.

I will def keep ya in mind man. Versailles is kinda in the middle. We are 45 minutes from Cincy, 45 minutes from Columbus, 30 from Madison. I am always willing to drive for good deals.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I will def keep ya in mind man. Versailles is kinda in the middle. We are 45 minutes from Cincy, 45 minutes from Columbus, 30 from Madison. I am always willing to drive for good deals.

Someone came from North Carolina to pick up Leonidas' brother.

BTW, this breeder is in Huntingburg. AKC has showed up unexpected multiple times(I guess this is standard procedure for most breeders) and she showed me results and they had flawless reviews everytime.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    awesome. I remember when I was trying to decide between a german shepherd and a boxer. I decided on a boxer. What a mistake. I love him, but geez is it hard not to unload the Kimber on him sometimes

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom