• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Meet Leonidas!

He's tuckered out from the ride, I'll take better pictures after his nap...Or when my 4 year old starts pestering him again:

DSCN5178.jpg

DSCN5179.jpg

I wasn't expecting him for a couple more weeks since he's only 6 weeks old, but he's his mom weened him a few weeks ago and he's eating solid food perfectly fine by himself. We just got home about 30 minutes ago after and an hour and 15 minute drive back home. We went to the Pet Food Center and dropped over a bill on welcome home presents and whatnot.

This little moose was the biggest of the 4 pup litter, tipping the scales at about 16 lbs already. They said he'll easily hold 110 lbs if I want him that big.

The breeders weren't completely sure if he is going to be black and red or black and dark tan. He'll have a darker face with the traditional black saddle on his back.

I'm sooo stoked right now, I've been looking for the perfect GSD for the right price for quite some time now.

I'm on freaking cloud 9 right now.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Nice pup! How much did you pay for the little (for now...) guy?

$400.

I just got done looking at GSD pups from another lady that were $1200 and they were smaller with basically the same markings.

I have all of his AKC papers, but I'm going to wait to fill them out until I'm sure what color he's going to be.

Well, Xander just started pestering him, so I'll try to snap some pics of his face.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Congrats nice puppy. By the way what does GSD stand for :dunno:

German Shepherd Dog.

I thought he was about to wake back up, but he's tuckered out...Even my son's pestering wasn't enough to keep him awake.:)

I'll let him sleep off the long journey home and snap some better pictures here in a bit.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, here are a few with his eyes open...I couldn't get him to sit up and sit still at the same time to get an idea of his coat, but I'll work on that.

DSCN5191.jpg

DSCN5197.jpg

From the pictures, he looks like he's going to be almost all black, but sitting next to him you can see his reddish brown undercoat. You can almost see the his exact pattern under there...If I were to guess, he's going to look something like this when he's a big boy:

http://www.cck9.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2009/08/german-shepherd-cck9-blog-300x283.jpg

The lady that sold me the dog said this should take around 10-12 months.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    German Shepherd Dog.

I thought he was about to wake back up, but he's tuckered out...Even my son's pestering wasn't enough to keep him awake.:)

I'll let him sleep off the long journey home and snap some better pictures here in a bit.

WOW, now I feel like a dumb :moon:, talk about having a senior brain fart moment :ugh:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Have you a well on your property?

"This is ALPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" :D

Handsome pup. Full of win. May he have many happy days and chase many sticks and few cars.

Blessings,
    Bill

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    WOW, now I feel like a dumb :moon:, talk about having a senior brain fart moment :ugh:

LOL, it's all good buddy...In your defense, GSD is sort of redundant, since the only German Shepherds that I've heard of our dogs.:n00b:

Good looking pup and I love the name. :yesway:

Thanks!

My first GSD(that lives with my parents) is named Zeus; 90 lbs of all black GSD badassery. He can't live with us anymore because he hates being my himself and the stairs in my house are too narrow and he's fallen too many times(he turns 91 next week, so age has caught up with him).

New puppy needed a good, tough name like Zeus, so I thought Leonidas(Leo for short) would be fitting for my new best friend...My 4 year old's vote was to name him Mr. Puppy, but I figured he'd outgrow that one after awhile.:):

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    He'll stay the same.. mostly black.. but the tan in his legs will move its way up the older he gets.

Beautiful dog though.. good choice.

Last edited:

mrman740

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Portage
    LOL, it's all good buddy...In your defense, GSD is sort of redundant, since the only German Shepherds that I've heard of our dogs.:n00b:

Thanks!

My first GSD(that lives with my parents) is named Zeus; 90 lbs of all black GSD badassery. He can't live with us anymore because he hates being my himself and the stairs in my house are too narrow and he's fallen too many times(he turns 91 next week, so age has caught up with him).

New puppy needed a good, tough name like Zeus, so I thought Leonidas(Leo for short) would be fitting for my new best friend...My 4 year old's vote was to name him Mr. Puppy, but I figured he'd outgrow that one after awhile.:):

I don't know... when we got "Lucky" (half Black Lab, half APBT, ALL big baby!) the wife called him "Puppy"...3 years and 67 added pounds later, he still answers to that! BTW, beautiful dog, I love that breed!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good looking German Shedder!!!

Hope y'all can exercise the snot out of him to keep him docile.

looking forward to pics of him as he grows up!!

-J-

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom