• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Feel free to PM myself or any of the other INGO LEO's the name or names of the officers. I can pretty much promise you I know them and if this truly did happen the way you have posted then I or one of the others can deal with it. We, as LEO's, do not like it when others give us a bad name.

If you REALLY want something to come out of this other than a "B" fest on the internet............now is your chance.

:yesway:

dsom2006

Take him up on his generous offer. At least he can TRY to resolve the issue for the next person.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I got stopped on the way home one day, three sheets to the wind. Got pulled over through a bad part of town but about 10 blocks from home for a burnt out license plate light. Knew I could not hide my breath. I was asked if I had been drinking, answered yup. Asked if it were a couple of beers, nope scotch. Got a warning and was told to drive straight home. Clean record, close to home, not a thug or mall ninja, and a nice guy that stopped me. I was sure I was screwed when I got stopped.

I'm calling BS on this one. Post the officer's name, department, and the date/time and location of the stop.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Ok since you asked so “nicely” here is why you fail!:

*Opinion

I saw nothing in the OP that suggested that he made any naïve mistakes outside of so easily giving up his rights. I don’t agree that he should but I can see why he did & it’s his choice.

There’s NOTHING in the OP that would lead one to believe that he is some kind of “Mall ninja”.

Fail!

*Opinion

No. It was to post an encounter that he had. Just like the half dozen other active threads here in which other people are doing the same thing.

Do you think those threads are just for cop bashing, as well? Or are you just deciding to pick on the OP for some reason?

I’m not seeing the point of this post of yours except to bash the OP.

Fail!

All I can say here is wow.

Fail!

Not illegal. No reason to “haul his ass in”.

Fail!

Fail!

Fail!

How in the heck is the officer calling his girlfriend in the middle of the night “to check up on it” possibly considered being “good”?

There was no reason for the officer to “check up on it” in the first place.

You’re right though. He shouldn’t have answered. Just like he shouldn’t have informed him he was carrying. Those are a couple of things I don’t necessarily think he should have done but even at that a simple “I’m going to my girlfriends house” to show what cops say they want – respect & cooperation (see where that gets you?) - is a fairly simple & benign comment.

However,

Fail!

*opinion

None of that is illegal so how is it “not looking good” for him? The officer can be “suspicious” all he wants. That only allows him to MAYBE perform a cursory inspection of the outer clothing of the person to check for weapons (ala Terry) WHICH the OP already admitted to having (silly boy).

However,

Fail!

*opinion

So looking at the IC on “criminal mischief” driving around with legal guns in his possession does not meet any of the elements of that crime.

So can you show me anywhere in the OP that he said that he damaged or defaced anyone’s property or threatened to injure another person?

Besides the offense is just a misdemeanor so the officer would have to have witnessed the OP performing the act or have PC that the OP was going to do it in his presence to arrest him for it. The “suspicions” of the officer DO NOT rise to the level of PC so…

Fail!

Thank you Finity for takng the time to state your opinion. I have the same opinion, but could never have stated it as well as you did. This Josh fellow was so set that his embellishments were fact that I didn't want to bother defending myself any longer.

As I stated before, I am not going to post the names of the officers involved. I don't see the good in making them public.

2026.jpg

WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO POST THIS AN ENTIRE YEAR AFTER IT HAPPENED? THAT'S REALLY ONE OF THE MAIN ISSUES AT THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.

Josh

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Now don't get all butthurt (love that word you used) about what someone posts on the interwebz. LOL

I got stopped on the way home one day, three sheets to the wind. Got pulled over through a bad part of town but about 10 blocks from home for a burnt out license plate light. Knew I could not hide my breath. I was asked if I had been drinking, answered yup. Asked if it were a couple of beers, nope scotch. Got a warning and was told to drive straight home. Clean record, close to home, not a thug or mall ninja, and a nice guy that stopped me. I was sure I was screwed when I got stopped.

If this is true than I have finally found something that upsets me about a Police Officer and dereliction of duty. The fact that you admit that you were "three sheets to the wind" and the officer pulled you over and didn't throw your ass in jail should have us all pissed off. You are the most dangerous person out there. You kill more people than guns. You don't need to be 10 miles from home to run over my kid on his bike because you are drunk. Ah crap I'm pissed off................

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm calling BS on this one. Post the officer's name, department, and the date/time and location of the stop.

And get the guy in trouble? No way, besides this happened last year and I have slept since then. You want to call me a liar then don't be surprised if I stop taking you at your word.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    And get the guy in trouble? No way, besides this happened last year and I have slept since then. You want to call me a liar then don't be surprised if I stop taking you at your word.

You know, I can believe this one.

If the officer didn't feel that there was danger (time of night, etc) then it was officer's discretion, not necessarily dereliction of duty.

People make mistakes and should be given the opportunity to learn from them.

You're not in prison, Hoosier, so I can only assume you did learn from it..?

If an officer lets you go, and you break his trust... well, he's likely to react the same way the rest of us would if you broke our trust. Second strike, come down 10x harder than he would have otherwise.

I think that maybe it wasn't luck; it was an officer who used his discretion and saw you were a good guy making a mistake?

Josh

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If this is true than I have finally found something that upsets me about a Police Officer and dereliction of duty. The fact that you admit that you were "three sheets to the wind" and the officer pulled you over and didn't throw your ass in jail should have us all pissed off. You are the most dangerous person out there. You kill more people than guns. You don't need to be 10 miles from home to run over my kid on his bike because you are drunk. Ah crap I'm pissed off................

If it is true, you have every right to be pissed off. Hell it pisses me off.

I'm not calling you a liar, I just want proof. Thats a very serious statement on your part. Whether you take me at my word or not is totally up to you. I don't have a reason to make up stories to post in the internet.

The officer should get in trouble. What if you had crashed in the 10 blocks in-between the stop and your house and seriously hurt or killed someone else? If I were to let an obviously drunk driver go and one of my supervisors found out about it, punishment starts at an unpaid vacation. If the obviously drunk driver was to be stopped by another officer or crashes and seriously injures or kills an "innocent person", the unpaid vacation increases in length and could very possibly end in termination. No thanks, I'm not going to lose $ or my job for someone that couldn't make an adult decision and walk, call a friend, or take a cab.

People make mistakes and should be given the opportunity to learn from them.

You're not in prison, Hoosier, so I can only assume you did learn from it..?

Maybe he learned that he can get away with drunk driving and he's going to continue to do it until caught or he crashes and kills either himself or another person?

it was an officer who used his discretion and saw you were a good guy making a mistake?

So we should apply the same logic to the guy who raped the 2 year old at SeaWorld. He's a good guy who made a mistake and the officers should have used their discretion and just let him get away with it. :noway:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana

I can believe this, Frank. When I was a stupid 19 year old and living in another state, a similar thing happened to me. I should without a doubt have been arrested for DUI. I was speeding on a main road through town and went right through a red light because my reaction time was too slow to take my foot off the accelerator and move it to the brake pedal.

I was taking a friend home two towns away, and the officer sounded a little disgusted as he told me, "I have no idea why I'm doing this" and tossed my DL and registration back to me. He told me when I dropped my friend off, I should either stay there or stop at the Diner in her home town and stay there til I sobered up. He said he'd be watching for me coming back through town. I did as I was told and stayed away for 4 hours before returning, and sure enough, he found me almost as soon as I headed into town and followed me home. I suspect if I had done one single thing wrong, he would have pulled me over again and the result would have been different.

I have always had mixed feelings about this. I was grateful to not have a DUI, but as the years went on, I realized that in being a nice guy, he really made a mistake. I was a danger on the road that night. Shortly after this incident, I decided never to drive after drinking even a little bit.

And no, I won't post his name, the town, or anything else :) He's retired now anyway!

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    2026.jpg

WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO POST THIS AN ENTIRE YEAR AFTER IT HAPPENED? THAT'S REALLY ONE OF THE MAIN ISSUES AT THE CRUX OF THE MATTER.

Josh

You just can't quit can ya. Why don't you just read the posts and stop trying tot justify your miserably unhappy existence. I didn't post it a year ago because I didn't know this site existed a year ago. I'm sure that makes me an idiot in our opinion but your opinion doesn't mean much around here anymore does it?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    You just can't quit can ya. Why don't you just read the posts and stop trying tot justify your miserably unhappy existence. I didn't post it a year ago because I didn't know this site existed a year ago. I'm sure that makes me an idiot in our opinion but your opinion doesn't mean much around here anymore does it?

Hahahaha!

Man, you said you were done.

I live to pick on n00bs! (not really; just you! Not really that, either. Your actions just strike me as not being the smartest).

Do you feel you need to have the last word?

I did not post that as an original thought, though. Someone posted it before I did.

but your opinion doesn't mean much around here anymore does it?

Actually, from the private feedback I received, yeah, it probably does.

I didn't post it a year ago because I didn't know this site existed a year ago.

Really?

Mini Statistics

Date of Birth
    October 10, 1966 (44)

Total Posts

Were we just lied to? Could have sworn 2009 came before 2010... I was never really good in math though.

Lest you have us think you forgot about this place from signup until now, witness your post on Dec 25th, 2010:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/92051-handgun_show-n-tell-3.html#post1535463

Why didn't you post something the month this happened?

What else have you lied about?

Josh

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hahahaha!

Man, you said you were done.

I live to pick on n00bs! (not really; just you! Not really that, either. Your actions just strike me as not being the smartest).

Do you feel you need to have the last word?

I did not post that as an original thought, though. Someone posted it before I did.

Actually, from the private feedback I received, yeah, it probably does.

Really?

Mini Statistics

Date of Birth
    October 10, 1966 (44)
    Total Posts

Were we just lied to? Could have sworn 2009 came before 2010... I was never really good in math though.

Lest you have us think you forgot about this place from signup until now, witness your post on Dec 25th, 2010:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/92051-handgun_show-n-tell-3.html#post1535463

Why didn't you post something the month this happened?

What else have you lied about?

Josh

First I would like to say that I appreciate having a serial angaonistic piece of #*$% stalking me on a public gun forum. It show a great deal of class on your part.

To everyone else that cares and I am sure there aren't many of you, I may have joined back in 2009. If that's what the record states then that's probably when I joined, but i didn't start using the forum until recently. Maybe buttercup Josh could tell us all when my first post was posted. I don't know where to find that info, but I am sure it wasn't till the end of 2010. I apologize to all those I mislead except for buttercup Josh. He has obviously been mislead to a point that I can't help him.

As for the December 2010 post I have no idea why my new buttercup referenced it. If only I could be "smartest" maybe I would know.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    First I would like to say that I appreciate having a serial angaonistic piece of #*$% stalking me on a public gun forum. It show a great deal of class on your part.

To everyone else that cares and I am sure there aren't many of you, I may have joined back in 2009. If that's what the record states then that's probably when I joined, but i didn't start using the forum until recently. Maybe buttercup Josh could tell us all when my first post was posted. I don't know where to find that info, but I am sure it wasn't till the end of 2010. I apologize to all those I mislead except for buttercup Josh. He has obviously been mislead to a point that I can't help him.

As for the December 2010 post I have no idea why my new buttercup referenced it. If only I could be "smartest" maybe I would know.

I told you something didn't ring true with your story.

I investigated. There is a difference between that and stalking.

You answered the question two of us asked -- why you didn't post about this a year ago, with

I didn't post it a year ago because I didn't know this site existed a year ago.

I thought you lied about that, and I checked. Turns out I was right. Until I saw this, I was ready to shoot you a PM with an apology that maybe I was too hard on you.

I cannot abide liars, and it turns out you started posting in the same month of the same year this allegedly happened, but did not post it.

I think, "Buttercup", that you lied, got called out, and now are acting as would a petulant child.

We do not abide persons of low character here. Lying is proof of such character.

Josh

Top Bottom