• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Since I recently ordered my first murse, man purse, European shoulder bag,whatever you wanna call it, I thought I should get in touch with my feminine side and do some knitting...

IMAG0216_zps0a54556f.jpg

Just a simple square pattern with about 18 inches of each color. Took all of 15 minutes.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, they stock 100' bundles in numerous colors. It's $8.99 for a bundle, and they often run pretty good coupons on their website.

Look, I'm practically one step away from loosing my man card already. If I start hanging out at Hobby Lobby, people will start askin if I still pee standin up. I'm gonna stick with Amazon for now. I find the semi-anonymity comforting:D

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good luck...I've got thousands of feet of cord and just as many projects in mind for it!!! My grand daughter wants me to mkae a hat for one of her dolls with it...Oh no!!!!!
    I've become my knitting grandmother!

And by the way,...there are less expensive places to buy it than Hobby Lobby...Get on line and look around!!! 6.99 for 100ft

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just take a woman in there with you, and look really ticked off while you're grabbing the paracord, you'll be fine.:):

I have, in fact, mastered the looking ticked technique while shopping. It's usually not an act though.:yesway:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    when buying para-cord, you need to make sure of what you are getting.... a lot of the cheaper priced stuff is not true 550-cord (not 7 inner cords, sometimes just a woven mess); for a lot of things the strength is not important, but if it is, make sure you are getting true 550-cord

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    If you are in the Indy area and frequent Bradis you can drop by Bradis II and pick up various colors of 550 cord without the risk of loosing your man card.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I found a seller on Amazon that sells the good stuff. Maybe not mil-spec, but it is 7 strand. Every color, ships very fast. I'm up in the Great White Nort so my retail options are limited.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow.... Paracord is taking over the world.

It's been around for a while.... but it seems like in the blink of an eye now,
    You can buy paracord bags, paracord wrist-lets, paracord refrigerators...

I do love seeing people get creative though. Maybe I'll be another to start a new hobby. :rockwoot:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I play around with type I paracord (dummy) cord too.
    I get mine off eBay from 5staredc I think that's the store name. Always been cheap and quick. 7 strand type III cord too.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    What is wrong with Hobby Lobby? They have models of cars, plains, boats, air brush stuff and stuff to paint with.

My wife has me take her there all the time. When she is looking for her stuff I go look at the stuff I like. They also have some train stuff, even train sets and track. As the name states Hobbies. Your man card will be fine.

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    If you prefer online shopping for supplies, I've found that the Supply Captain is my favorite for 550 paracord. The absolute widest & best selection of patterns & colors. $7 for 100' hanks.

Supply Captain: 550 Paracord

The possibilities for projects is endless.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If you prefer online shopping for supplies, I've found that the Supply Captain is my favorite for 550 paracord. The absolute widest & best selection of patterns & colors. $7 for 100' hanks.

Supply Captain: 550 Paracord

The possibilities for projects is endless.

Thanks for the link. What I have bought from Amazon was $9/100' with free shipping.

Top Bottom