• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I go sit down at the table not looking back and he walks up to us. "hey man, your going to have to leave, your scaring everyone in my store." I ask how ad he tells me that people can see my firearm and that it's illegal. I proceed to tell him that Indiana doesn't have a law stating that it's illegal and you can either cc or OC.

You were asked by an owner/agent of the property to leave and you didn't? Sounds like criminal trespass to me. There is no "debate the issue" exclusion that I know of. Well, I would have your defense attorney argue the words he used (if you quoted him correctly). The attorney could also argue that by taking your money, they gave you contractual intrest in eating your meal inside their store, just the mere service of providing food items.

He gets more agitated and tells me I need to leave or he's calling the police. I tell him that he officer will tell him the exact same thing if that's what he wants to do. At this point my wife is done eating and I havnt touched my food. I'm pretty irritated and start to gather up my food and leave. The manager walks away back to his gf and says "sorry babe, I had to take care of that nut job." This is when I decided that I was going to stay an finish my food I get my food out and finish my meal.

You were told by an agent to leave twice, but the did take your money. Get a good criminal law attorney. One that can argue that the contractual intrest extends to being able to eat on the property.

Needless to say I hope those officers bruised the managers ego after I left.

While it sounds like the end of it, there is still the possibility you could have warrant issued for your arrest or receive a summons to appear in court in the mail.

When asked to leave property, leave immediately. If you believe you have the right to be on the property, go to the nearest public area and contact law enforcement. Otherwise, one risk arrest for trespassing and having to pay a criminal law attorney to hopefully get the charges dropped.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    OC at BK

Still I would email urger Kings Corp office and let them know that you do not like beingcalled a NUTCASE just because you carry a weapon

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Let me get my flame suit ready.:popcorn:
    th1yyy.gif

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    He's a douchebag that should be reported to the corporate office. He was prolly an assistant manager and he's prolly never been laid. Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.:noway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NEG Rep anyone??? :xmad::xmad:

Why not, because some douche bag on a power trip thought he could flex his fast food manager muscle and push a law abiding citizen around???

OP ceased to be a law abiding citizen when he refused to leave after being asked. I appreciate a person looking to inform the ignorant, but when "proving your point" conflicts with legitimate legal action, best time to move on. This could have ended badly if "tough guy" manager attempted to use "reasonal force" in an attempt to expel the OP, who was at that point trespassing.

:twocents:

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I open carry at my local BK all the time. I get looks, but no confrontations. If they ever did ask me to leave I would ask for a refund, get their names, and contact the store owner/corporate and ask about the policy.

Top Bottom