MY EDC Gear, with pics! What is your EDC gear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Just curious what other people carry everyday, this is what i do!! :D

Post pics if you want to, i like pics ;)

picture.php

picture.php

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Someone's got to say it: What's with the badge that says permit? We've got a license here in IN.

I'm waiting on a backordered holster, once that arrives I'll share pics of my EDC setup.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Just an fyi, I would blur you LTCH info and signature...it'd be way too easy to steal your identity.
    I've heard there are programs to undo blurring, blacking out completely might be safer if there is no data to reconstruct.:dunno:

I even hide my LTCH between a few business cards so that if I'm CCing and using my wallet I don't necessarily tip off that I could be carrying.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I got the badge for personal reasons, long story. Short story a friend had to hold a guy at gun point when he was trying to rob my buddy, the police showed up and tackled and disarmed him because they "werent sure who the bad guy was" they suggested to him getting one of these badges to hold up so when the police arrived he could be holding it up so they know who the "good guy" is... That is why i bought one, to save myself from being tackled.

Someone's got to say it: What's with the badge that says permit? We've got a license here in IN.

I'm waiting on a backordered holster, once that arrives I'll share pics of my EDC setup.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    If there was a rifle in there I'd say you were expecting trouble. Old joke.
    Lady asks a man if he's expecting trouble because she noticed he's carrying a pistol.
    Man replies; If I was expecting trouble I'd be carrying a rifle.

swilk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    I wonder why all the bad guys dont just get fake badges then. Would keep them from getting tackled.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    65542_3233203865285_1122300309_33305449_270357475_n.jpg

Update to my EDC.
    Sometimes I carry the mag, sometimes I don't, but the knife and light are always on me, and the Chopped G22 when I'm not on campus.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Can't post a pic, because I am at school. But when I get home and load my pockets ill snap a picture...

Kershaw Scallion
    Cell
    Change
    Zippo
    Gerber FAST draw
    Money clip
    No gun.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Well thank you everyone for you r opinion and the :threadjack: i wont stop carrying the badge so please unless you are posting about your EDC keep your comments about the badge to your self. Thanks!

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I got the badge for personal reasons, long story. Short story a friend had to hold a guy at gun point when he was trying to rob my buddy, the police showed up and tackled and disarmed him because they "werent sure who the bad guy was" they suggested to him getting one of these badges to hold up so when the police arrived he could be holding it up so they know who the "good guy" is... That is why i bought one, to save myself from being tackled.

I think you got some bad information from your friend.
    Law enforcement isn't going to run up and tackle a man/woman holding a firearm. Law enforcement will draw, aim at the person holding the firearm and order them to set it down, back away, and whatever other commands that they need to take that person into custody. Then they'll sort out the mess and determine good guy from bad guy.
    Using the badge thingy in the manner you describe will make your witnesses, who should be on your side, think you're a police officer then feel cheated when they find out you're not. Human nature will be for them to be upset and not as sympathetic to you (or your side of events) as they were. Potentially even setup an 'impersonating a police officer' charge against you.
    My suggestion, loose the badge thingy. If you need to draw your weapon in accordance to state law, then when law enforcement arrives, you'll know by the lights and sirens, holster, place hands on top of head as your witnesses will quickly point you out and you tell law enforcement where your weapon, ID, and carry permit are located. Then tell them your side of the story accurately and honestly.

Stay safe

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I think you got some bad information from your friend.
    Law enforcement isn't going to run up and tackle a man/woman holding a firearm. Law enforcement will draw, aim at the person holding the firearm and order them to set it down, back away, and whatever other commands that they need to take that person into custody. Then they'll sort out the mess and determine good guy from bad guy.
    Using the badge thingy in the manner you describe will make your witnesses, who should be on your side, think you're a police officer then feel cheated when they find out you're not. Human nature will be for them to be upset and not as sympathetic to you (or your side of events) as they were. Potentially even setup an 'impersonating a police officer' charge against you.
    My suggestion, loose the badge thingy. If you need to draw your weapon in accordance to state law, then when law enforcement arrives, you'll know by the lights and sirens, holster, place hands on top of head as your witnesses will quickly point you out and you tell law enforcement where your weapon, ID, and carry permit are located. Then tell them your side of the story accurately and honestly.

Stay safe
    :+1: Great post.

Top Bottom