• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Basically done. Gotta do a little sanding on the stock to free float and get the right washers for the brake. I may or may not bed it, not sure yet. She's a beaut'. Heck with the way this weather has been I may get to shoot it before the real cold rolls in!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not a big update but got all the little things done I had been putting off to get it completed. Installed the brake and opened up the channel in the stock to fit the oversized barrel. Alright now who wants to buy it..... :rofl:

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Just read this entire thread......more twist and turns than a mystery novel!! lol I'm looking forward to a final load developed and groups......if it makes it that far :popcorn:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Looking forward to see what you come up with. Are you still planning to use the 175 smk?

I don't know, I go back and forth between ballistics and price. I already have some 175 SMKs, and they're on the affordable side of the .30 cal projectile scale. I really like the Berger 185 hybrids, but the .30 cal f-class guys are shooting the 200+ grain Bergers. Big jump in ballistics and price. Yeah you lose muzzle velocity but they retain their velocity much further out. The other side of that is the throat needed to properly seat those big long 200 grain pills. I'm confident I could get away with it with the 185s but I'd probably have to have the barrel reamed for the heavy stuff. So basically I don't know. Clear as mud?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom